Greeting from the future: Europa 5130

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do foreign persons get less holiday in Sweden? Since Jake is still here, and Bratyn aswell. Also Meneth last year.
We don't, it's just that we don't have that cultural(?) inclination to take a month off in July when there are 11 others in the year when we also can :)
A prime reason to have a look at the code and fix it. Working in July should make you the employee of the decade or something.
If it happened in a regular game we'd certainly take a look at it, but here we talk about investigating 4000 years of history in a game supposed to stop after 400.

As for the requested religious map mode, there you go:
eu4_map_---_5130_01_01_3.png

Together with political map for future comparisons:
eu4_map_---_5130_01_01_2.png

Nothing beats vacation in winter - going from -30 degrees celsius to +30 degrees is lovely :D
oh god, why would you go somewhere above 20C? >.<

We don't, it's just that we don't have that cultural(?) inclination to take a month off in July when there are 11 others in the year when we also can :)

If it happened in a regular game we'd certainly take a look at it, but here we talk about investigating 4000 years of history in a game supposed to stop after 400.

As for the requested religious map mode, there you go:
View attachment 386258

Together with political map for future comparisons:
View attachment 386259

Wow, what happen to the muslims

I love how Portugal is spread across the world but expelled from Portugal. I guess Portugal isn't even core of Portugal anymore (for a long time) :D

Interesting [Redacted] tag seems to have a huge tolerance of Sunni, Hindu, Orthodox, Protestant, small enclave of coptic in Syria, and small spot of catholic just north of Himalaya.

Well either that or they are not religious converting at all due to some bug.

P.S. Yes I know what [Redacted] is just pointing out something of interest interest without confusing the reader.

Are you a two years old? I believe EUIV is only for six years old...

No, I just have no pride in my country. It's a radical concept, but the US has nothing that inspires pride in me. I'm actually ashamed to be an American post 2016, but let's leave this topic here.

@MatRopert

What kind of metrics do you pull out for these AI only games? Do you track dev levels and income/expense totals for each tag on a 10 year cycle? That would be interesting to see how those average out over multiple games.

Vijayanagar has to be running humanist, right? Even w/o religious no way that stuff isn't converted after 1000 years.

I kind of dislike how AIs with positive tolerance won't convert provinces. Cost : benefit usually favors actually converting, unless TTF is weak and heathen tolerance is at +3. The AI doesn't have to worry about its sanity in terms of # inputs. It should prioritize intolerance first though.

Greetings again! The day is now January 1st, 5671 and it's Tuesday (I tried to look up what day it is but the calculation app I found had a hard limit at year 3999 so I just decided instead).

eu4_map_---_5671_01_01_1.png

500 years even more into the future and the news are dire indeed.
Both the Revolution and the Celestial Empire have met their ends at the hands of Spain, Vijayanagar and our new super secret tag.
On the other hand most of Spain cardinals have been forced to step down due to the conquest of Spanish China, leaving them with only one cardinals to vote against Korea's 7.
Papal elections have become little more that a technical formality this days.

The US - Paraguay alliance is still strong but without any opportunities or allies outside their continent the Americas are starting to fade away from the world stage.
Austria's only ally is Japan but since it abandoned the Revolution is now guaranteed by the very same neighbours that ate them in the past.
It looks like the next centuries are going to be a never-ending struggle between two super blocks, Vijayanagar and Ethiopia against Spain and The Masked Tag with a possible help from Portugal.

See you again in the 6th Millennium!

Vijayanagar has to be running humanist, right? Even w/o religious no way that stuff isn't converted after 1000 years.

I kind of dislike how AIs with positive tolerance won't convert provinces. Cost : benefit usually favors actually converting, unless TTF is weak and heathen tolerance is at +3. The AI doesn't have to worry about its sanity in terms of # inputs. It should prioritize intolerance first though.
Funny you ask, VIJ is actually running full Religious. The problem simply is that they can only convert their 51 States, not their 81 Territories, and the AI is not trained to "cycle" them in order to convert everything.

The problem simply is that they can only convert their 51 States, not their 81 Territories, and the AI is not trained to "cycle" them in order to convert everything.
They dont ned to be taught to cycle states, they need to be taught Advisor management and proper Decision logic.
And maybe just hardcap the MS penalty at 30 Dev aswell.

Full religious + Hindu + 1 stab should be giving 2 + 2 + 3 + .5 = 7.5% strength at all times. With Vishnu or inquisitor it's 9.5% strength and 3 missionaries. Also, 3 stab is more reasonable with +5 advisers so 8.5% to 10.5% strength in most cases.

Wrong culture applies a 2% penalty. Without Vishnu or inquisitor, we should expect any province below 30 development or less to be converted within a few years (2.5% over resist would give 30% progress/year). With either of Vish/inquis, 50 dev. With both, 70. And that's for non-state, wrong-culture provinces which shouldn't be an AI emphasis to gouge development.

Sunni makes Indonesia harder, but the above applies to all of China and Indochina, and it's been THOUSANDS of years. Province development in 5130 already is below 70 on the first page.

In other words, the AI's conversion logic here is broken unless Vijayanagar moved its capital off Asia and made all that land into trade companies. Anything other than that there's no excuse for all but maybe a few of the most dev-gouged provinces in its borders to be anything other than Hindu as of a few thousand years ago in-game.

Kind of delusional thinking there,considering the AI brought up a +50% development province into the hundreds. It just seems like it has little to not grip on efficient development.
I actually took some time to investigate why the AI burning so many mana in development of Greenland but here's the plot twist: it didn't:
eu4_17.jpg

See this little dude cutting wood? That's Lope López de Haro. He's been diligently doing it for thousands of years and improved his nice settlement by one every 20 years or so.
Everyone else in town thinks he's little weird but no one has the heart to tell him that maybe his time would be better used somewhere else...

Or maybe he and his friends Odón and Felipe took a bet on who'll improve his settlement better and none wants to look like a quitter...
Settle.jpg