• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Erm, master Inkana... what about an update, please?

<_<

I've been busy!

*runs away*

He's...alive...

YES!!!!

Peti, catch him!

Why?

He has a store filled with pizzas!

Yahoooo!!!!

I have just read your inkwell, and you said lack of comments is discouraging. So, although this AAR seems dead, I`ll post this the motivate you to keep writing. I`ve read this AAR, although I havent posted anything, and I believe there are many other lurkers beside me.

Damn, for a moment I thought this was active again. Please update, I promise I'll post more often (shouldn't be that hard despite my already enormous postcount :D).

Hi gang.

Okay. To start things off, I am a liar and a flake and should be beaten with sticks.

Second. The game file to this scenario got all effed up. I couldn't figure out what was wrong and didn't have the time or patience to make a new one.

Thusly, I have decided to post and continue the story at it's own location:

http://godsaveus-inkana.blogspot.com/

I'm not sure if it's even allowed, but if y'all would like, I could continue the story, sans any actual HoI2, here as well.

Thoughts?

It's not the first AAR which has few -or nothing in the end- of HOI behind to back it.

Thus, all my thoughts are summarized in just this: Go on.

Please.:p;)

At first I was rather upset over the fact that some bum posted on this long-dead thread, toying with my emotions and hopes of this AAR being restarted. But than I realize that some bum HAD posted, and that the AAR was being restarted, I quickly got over my anger :)

Yeah, keep going, even game-less. This is too good to stop.

Thanks for the support, gang. :)

God Save Us All - Part Seven
Fall Grün

Chapter 58 – Blitzkrieg!

June 23rd, 1945

Admiral Donitz, head of the Prussian Kaiserliche Marine sends orders to his submarine captains to make way for the North Atlantic. The Admiral has set his sights on the British shipping routes from the United States in an effort to starve the British Isles.

Prussian Unterseeboots, or U-Boats, are the most advanced in the world and the Prussians have been working on using them in groups of 4-5 subs. They call these groups “Wolfpacks”.

uboat_attacks.JPG

Photo of a British Merchant Ship Shot from a Prussian U-Boat.

In the Low Countries, Prussian boxes continue to advance almost unhindered. The Belgians have nothing to counter Prussian boxes and air power, as their tiny air force was destroyed on the first day of fighting. Army Group Westen is not only meeting their timetables, they are exceeding them. Guderian’s men and boxes have advanced some 100km in 24 hours, and are crossing the Meuse in several places. Up north, Field Marshal Hoth’s anvil to Guderian’s hammer is making steady if slow progress into Holland. The bulk of this force is un-motorized so rapid advance is not expected.

The initial advance could be a little misleading, however. General Alexander’s British Expeditionary Force has yet to be seen in battle against the Prussians. It seems that he is content to remain stationary in the heart of Belgium until the shock from the speed of Guderian’s invasion is overcome. Waves of refugees streaming west towards the perceived safety of the coast are clogging the roads and making movement difficult for Belgian, Dutch and British forces. Prussian fighters and bombers are strafing and bombing civilian refugee columns completely blocking some roads. There is rioting among some civilians forced off the roads by Leipzig forces further adding to the chaos behind Leipzig lines.

pz3pl.jpg

Prussian Kasten III in a Belgian Town.

To make matters worse for the Pact, the French have begun mobilizing at the Belgian border and their aircraft have already been seen in the skies overhead. However, the RAF is fighting a brilliant battle, and through sheer will and round the clock sorties, have somehow managed to achieve a 2-1 kill ratio against the much larger Franco-Prussian air forces they are in battle with.

In Silesia, Von Manstein’s Army Group Ost is making even better gains than his comrade in the West is. The Austrians, completely unprepared for a war with Prussia, have very little in the way of numbers in the region and Manstein’s troops and boxes are advancing at a furious rate while Otto desperately tries to get men there to stop the bleeding.

In the Alps, an Italian army has crossed the border into Austrian Tyrol where they are met with furious Austrian resistance. The Austrians have been building up their defenses here for years and are well-prepared for any attack. The Italian advance quickly stalls after only gaining a few miles at heavy cost. Mussolini’s hopes for quick expansion are dimmed a bit, but only a bit. Operation: Nero is set to begin shortly.

001_tenth_1.jpg

Italian Mountain Infantry in the Alps, 1945.

In Eastern Europe, the two giants of Europe are preparing to do battle for the second time in 30 years. There has been no love lost between Russia and Austria-Hungary in the generation since the Great Eastern War. They hate each other. Austria-Hungary still remembers what the Russian hordes did in Hungary and Silesia when they invaded and the Russians can see the massive amount of land that was once theirs that is now under the Dual Monarchy. Millions of men and thousands of boxes, aircraft and artillery pieces are being moved into position.

June 26th, 1945

The BEF in Belgium finally engages the Prussian army and is soundly defeated near Mons. English boxes are both outnumbered and outgunned by the Prussians and the BEF loses roughly 120 of it’s 300 available boxes in the engagement. The Prussians lose around 50. Alexander’s men are forced to retreat further north. It is apparent to the Leipzig Pact that they are about to be encircled, and thusly plans for a counterattack into Guderians’s steadily lengthening flank are made. However, the general staff also drafts orders to evacuate the BEF and what remains of the Belgian and Dutch armies from the mainland should Alexander fail.

In Holland the Prussians have made even more headway and are slowly girding out the resistance of the Dutch and British defenders

July 1st, 1945

Italy launches Operation: Nero, an invasion of British Egypt from Libya. Italy has amassed nearly 450,000 men, several hundred boxes and a good chunk of the Regia Aeronautica for this push. It is the most important part of Italy’s wartime agenda. If successful, not only will it capture the Suez Canal and the way to British India, but it will be the first major conquest of Mussolini’s “New Roman Empire”. The force is commanded by General Rodolfo Graziani and makes good initial gains in the desert.

In the Atlantic, after two weeks, Prussian U-Boats have quickly become the terror of the Atlantic. They have sunk dozens of ships totaling several hundred thousand tons of supplies not making it to Britain or the Low Countries. The Royal Navy quickly sets its #1 priority to stopping the U-Boat threat.

July 2nd, 1945

Saxe-Bavaria launches what will become the first of many nighttime aerial raids into Prussia. The Saxe-Bavarian raids are focused on hitting Prussian industrial centers in their biggest cities, including Berlin. These strategic bombing raids are barely effective and are costly, but they send the Prussian citizens the message that it will not be an easy war for them.

In Silesia, Austrian reinforcements finally arrive and are organized enough to launch a counterattack into the teeth of Army Group Ost. The Austrians throw tens of thousands of men into the fold, where Manstein efficiently engages and defeats them at great cost to the Austrians. However, it is a strategic Austrian victory in that it stalls the Prussian advance into Silesia, if only for a little while.

To Be Continued...