• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, am debating whether to try this mod as the OOB is totally changed and love the idea of more than 4 "units" per division. But it's all in German though... is FUB = foot? I would need google translate I think :laugh:

Also wonder, will you be making a Danube River Flottilla under Donaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän? :D

All kidding aside, I wonder how combat results are calculated with this new style of OOB divisions... wonder how the SU, UK, USA are scripted there. Also, are the tech trees, diplomacy unchanged?

Welcome and thanks for posting... There are some changes in the tech tree (the production of course has some changes, to reflect the new divisional sistem, also, destroyers and uboats are now just one unit), I'll post some pictures of them as I'll show you what am I researching, and yes Fuß means foot :p

Welcome Belgium

Looks great, subscribed. I will definitely following this with interest.

thanks! and welcome olebouch, glad you find the AAR interesting... and thanks for the mod, it's really good (at least for those who like extremely well detailed units)

Your going for a panzer heavy OOB with 8 already in '37?

I want to be ready, in DWI, the first ten PzDivs will become 20 after the 1940 reorganization, I just want to have them already, once I reach that limit, I'll wait until I can equip PzDivs (1941), I'm going ahead in the research, but won't be able to unlock it until the first months of 1940 I think (in another game I had only 8 when the decision came and was havoc)... when this expansion of the Luftwaffe is over, I'll have to raise a lot of infantry and want to expand the Kriegsmarine too (at least 60 subs when the war starts, they will be II and VII class, so I don't expect them to last too much, but they are cheap and with 60-80 subs you can create a large graveyard in the North Atlantic)... and then again the Luftwaffe needs more fighters and bombers and the Heer more boots... I have never played till Barbarossa in this version

Last edited:
1st October 1937 - 1st January 1938

During this period, a lot of research has been completed, and some decisions attached to the completion of some projects were fired

Research.jpg

Scientists and Panzer theorists say in a few years we would be able to train more powerful and better armed Panzer divisions

The cabinet was not quiet neither, some important decisions were made:

Hossbach.jpg

We hope we could achieve our goals through diplomacy, but that shouldn't stop us from getting what we want and need

Our friends in the East are doing great too:

Japan.jpg

2014-03-02_00019.jpg

The Japanese Empire grows stronger and bigger, Germany was right supporting them over the Chinese, the Japanese Army will be a great help in the fight against Bolshevism

the 3 Bf 109 groups were finished, just like some support units for our HQs, and also the last 2 Panzer Divs (1936) we are going to construct, at least for now, we think they are a fearsome force of deterrence... more infantry was ordered, but for the moment we lack the IC to manufacture all the weapons they need, not until the naval and tactical Bombers are finished, also, more infra was finished and it is expected Germany will have 10 level infra in most of their provinces for January 1940

Last edited:
Appendix A

reseach in DWI mod

now I'll show you current research at 1st June 1938 (I'm a little ahead in the game, I'll try to catch up during this few days) and the level of the many others fields we must have an edge over our foes:

Bomber.jpg

Geheim.jpg

Geleitschiff.jpg

Grosshiff.jpg

Industrie.jpg

Infanterie.jpg

Jager.jpg

Land.jpg

Luft.jpg

Panzer.jpg

See.jpg

Theorie.jpg

1st January 1938 - 1st June 1938

the Treaty of Munich was signed, giving the German Reich borderlands from the Czechs (many of them had fortifications which would have stopped the Blitzkrieg, case a state of war would have happened)

Munichtreaty.jpg

newborder.jpg

the Czech Army retreats from the new provinces of the Reich

construct gangs were sent to these provinces to start upgrading the infrastructure

on April 23th we heard from our Embassy in Japan that the war in the mainland is over, the Japanese Army defeated the Chinese and the treaty signed gives the Empire all the coastal lands

natchina.jpg

2014-03-02_00007.jpg

Meanwhile, the Heer was given 7 more infantry divisions, and the Luftwaffe gets its 3 Tactical and 3 Naval Bombers, plus 2 more Stuka groups, the factories received contracts to produce 3 more tactical wings... orders were given to produce 2 more heavy fighter groups and finally the Kriegsmarine receives the IC she demands: 24 Type IX Uboats are now in the shipyards, plus 2 battleships and 2 Battlecruisers.

4 Hipper Class heavy cruisers joined the main battlefleet
barcos.jpg

and we finished the construction of the first level of a rocket test site

Dresden.jpg

Last but not least, the OKH created some Army HQs which were given one infantry (Bat) and one pioneer (Bat)

Any chance in this mod that the Czech will fight? does China fall so easy everytime?

About the Czech fighting, I've never seen it, but, I've only played a few games with the last version of the game... as for the fast defeat of China, I'm as suprised as you are, I did notice though that neither Yunnan nor Xibei joined the Nationalist in the fight (the Spanish Civil war was also some kind of a blitz: it lasted less than a year, but that's something that has already happened in my other games... in others there was a quick victory of the Repulblican and in a few cases, there was a stalemate over years, it was 1941 and they keep fighting)

Last edited:
hello everybody, sorry for the delay, some RL issues just popped up

1st June 1938 - 1st January 1939

while we are loosing some money per day, our Italian ally decides to help our finances, but what easy comes, easy goes

itaaaa.jpg
ita.jpg

the German industry is working 24/7 and in the period a lot has been finished:
KG55.jpg

3 Infanterie Divisionen and 1 Jäger division have finished their training and were sent to the Polish border, the XXIV. Armeekorps was created to command them:
XXIV.jpg

also, two more Zerstörergeschwader were finished

the Kriesgmarine is slowly growing, in addition to the 6 type II and 6 type VII, 24 type IX were finished and deploy to duty

sub1.jpg

they were organized into new flotten

and of course, Grossadmiral Raeder was glad when he saw the work of the German shipyards in the Baltic
constnav.jpg

finally, the first Vienna award happened and it was the end of that Frankenstein of the geopolitics that was the Czech State
endofchz.jpg
deutschesreichannex.jpg

and while mass hysteria spread thanks to the radio, we dismantled the fortifications in the old Czech border
waroftheworlds.jpg
damage.jpg

Diplomacy was busy after this last events and a lot happened in the world
ungarninaxis.jpg

But what shocked us most was the decision of our neighbors: they are mobilizing their armed forces, it seems the time of pacific expansion has come to an end...
frankundpolen.jpg

big mistake, they are underestimating the muscle of the Wehrmacht

Attachments

• ita.jpg
    ita.jpg
    33,5 KB · Views: 68
  • itaaaa.jpg
    itaaaa.jpg
    30,4 KB · Views: 69
  • KG55.jpg
    KG55.jpg
    8,2 KB · Views: 68
  • XXIV.jpg
    XXIV.jpg
    43,6 KB · Views: 67
  • sub1.jpg
    sub1.jpg
    37,6 KB · Views: 61
  • constnav.jpg
    constnav.jpg
    82,4 KB · Views: 72
  • endofchz.jpg
    endofchz.jpg
    93,8 KB · Views: 72
  • waroftheworlds.jpg
    waroftheworlds.jpg
    44,5 KB · Views: 66
  • damage.jpg
    damage.jpg
    159,6 KB · Views: 68
  • ungarninaxis.jpg
    ungarninaxis.jpg
    161,4 KB · Views: 65
  • frankundpolen.jpg
    frankundpolen.jpg
    49,5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
How did I miss this, you started an AAR! quick, comment so I see when there are new posts! Looks like I'm right on time for war, luckily.

Very interesting mod, and you've got my attention with that naval building program, haha!
with such a fleet upcoming, is the Heer strong enough to brush aside any resistance for the moment?

I like the list of techs being researched etc, but I would suggest to add an empty line between the various screenshots. It becomes a bit of a wall of image otherwise, but maybe that's just me.

How did I miss this, you started an AAR! quick, comment so I see when there are new posts! Looks like I'm right on time for war, luckily.

Very interesting mod, and you've got my attention with that naval building program, haha!
with such a fleet upcoming, is the Heer strong enough to brush aside any resistance for the moment?

I like the list of techs being researched etc, but I would suggest to add an empty line between the various screenshots. It becomes a bit of a wall of image otherwise, but maybe that's just me.

hello sebas, I knew if someone would agree with the naval construction that would be you haha... I'll have in mind your suggestion about not uploading walls of images, and as for the Heer, the west front is covered by one unit per province, and in Polen I have (I hope so) enough troops to hold the line and let 8 Panzer divisions and 8 Motorized divisions unleash hell... you'll see my plan in the next update... and as for the future, once the Navy gets those ships, that's it, only subs (at least until the East is 'liberated'), I'll focus on the Luftwaffe and the Heer... but last game experience and your AAR encouraged me to try to have a decent fleet, whose mission will be destroy Allies antisub fleets and if possible achieve the Tirpitz doctrine

hello sebas, I knew if someone would agree with the naval construction that would be you haha... I'll have in mind your suggestion about not uploading walls of images, and as for the Heer, the west front is covered by one unit per province, and in Polen I have (I hope so) enough troops to hold the line and let 8 Panzer divisions and 8 Motorized divisions unleash hell... you'll see my plan in the next update... and as for the future, once the Navy gets those ships, that's it, only subs (at least until the East is 'liberated'), I'll focus on the Luftwaffe and the Heer... but last game experience and your AAR encouraged me to try to have a decent fleet, whose mission will be destroy Allies antisub fleets and if possible achieve the Tirpitz doctrine

Looking forward for your plan! Great AAR!

1st January 1939 - 1st September 1939

the year started well for the Peace, Lithuania accepted our 'suggestion' about giving us Memel and it's naval base

memmel.jpg

works started at the moment, we need better naval and aerial instalations

Meanwhile, after really really stubborn debates, the Cabinet has decided to propose the Russians a non aggression pact, we need to be sure Germany won't face a two-fronts war again

molotovribbentrop.jpg

Minister von Ribbentrop traveled to Moscow for the signature of the Pact, and to establish some points the text won't reflex...

Our Italian ally is not quiet neither
itaannexalb.jpg

the Heer gas given a great boost, a lot of new divisions finished their training, they were commanded to protect the Polish-Slovakian order, under control of the newly created 6. Armee

neuedivs.jpg

these new divisions make our army strong enough to be respect world wide
greatarmy.jpg

the Scientists and researchers of the Universities and industrial complex were not idle either, a lot of research has been finished, these being the most important projects
inv52.jpg
inv53.jpg

dissident has spread a little across the country, specially since the English seemed determined to stop our rightful expansion so, illegal activities must be stopped at all costs

illeglprint.jpg

the Luftwaffe got it's first transport planes, which will be useful in the future...
transporteflug.jpg

also, all of the light cruiser were finished

war seems unavoidable, so, we need every available troop we have

grossdeutschland.jpg
grossdirmot.jpg

they are now the elite of our Panzertruppen

and finally, a plan has come up from the Oberkommando des Heeres, in case of a war against the Poles... war we don't want... yet, but Danzig is a German city and wants to reunite with Germany

fallgrenze.jpg

Fall Grenze: a very simplistic one: 4 Panzer divisions with 2 Motorized will attack from East Prussia, while a column of 6 Panzer and 8 Motorized will attack from Silesia, converging in Warsaw, the Infantry will pin down enemy troops and then they'll have to clear up the Kessel formed

Depending on what the pact actually says in this mod, the usual is Germany gives land back to the Soviets but not the other way round. It might be a good idea to be more greedily land grabbing unless its over really fast.

If you ask me the pics in the last update were much easier to read, thanks!
fall Grenze looks good, not overly complicated and it should prevent the Poles from falling back to better positions.

I wonder, does the SU actually attack Poland in this mod, and does Poland view them as a threat (aka is half their army in the east)

Last edited:
Depending on what the pact actually says in this mod, the usual is Germany gives land back to the Soviets but not the other way round. It might be a good idea to be more greedily land grabbing unless its over really fast.

the Pact gives the Russians the lands they want and also the decision to take the Baltic States, one diference, is that you can choose not to respect the pact and annex the whole country... something I didn't do, not only because I want to play historically, but because I don't have the troops to guard such a border against an angered neighbor... there's also a decision to annex more lands in Western Poland than those which were part of the Kaiserreich

If you ask me the pics in the last update were much easier to read, thanks!
fall Grenze looks good, not overly complicated and it should prevent the Poles from falling back to better positions.

I wonder, does the SU actually attack Poland in this mod, and does Poland view them as a threat (aka is half their army in the east)

Yes, the SU backstabs Poland, if you give them enough time... and yes, I'll upolad a picture next update, and you'll see who the real menace is (at least from the point of view of Warsaw)... another thing, if the Soviets invade Poland and you decide not to respect the pact, they'll keep what they won

Last edited:
Yes, the SU backstabs Poland, if you give them enough time... and yes, I'll upolad a picture next update, and you'll see who the real menace is (at least from the point of view of Warsaw)... another thing, if the Soviets invade Poland and you decide not to respect the pact, they'll keep what they won

That's an excellent change from vanilla imo, I'll have to make a note somewhere to check this mod out someday.

That's an excellent change from vanilla imo, I'll have to make a note somewhere to check this mod out someday.

HPP has it too :p