• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gigau

Imperare Orbis Universi
219 Badges
May 4, 2005
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Paradox Order
  • PDXCON 2017 Gold Ticket holder
  • PDXCON 2018 "The Emperor"
  • PDXCon 2019 "King"
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
After stating I'd put a mod, i finally do it. It's not a finished one. Lots of improvement need to be done. And in that matter i hope to get some feedback here.

How to use them : unpack in a folder, backup the files you are about to change, and copy the new files in the designated folders.

Gigau's Coats of Arms

The explanations of the CoA are with the previews.
> First set in Christian land, see post #2.

> Second set in Christian land, see post #14.

> Third set in Christian land, see post #17.

> Fourth set in Holy Land, see post #18.

> Fifth set in Mauretania, see post #21.

> Sixth set in France, see (in post #23).

> Seventh set in the kingdom of North Africa, see post #25

> Eighth set in Tunisia, see post #26

> Nineth set in Egypt, see post #29

> Tenth set in fantasy, see post #30

> Eleventh set in the Eastern Roman Empire

> Twelvth set for Europe (plus the Mameluk and the Ottomans), see post #40

> Thirteenth set for Europe , see post #44 and post #45

> Fourteenth set for Europe , see post #47

> Fifteenth set for Europe , see post #59

> Sixteenth set for Europe , see post #65

The U00X won't be used in the mod, unless you create those titles yourself... sorry :p
My internet source may not be perfect, but I used this one.

To use any of these, after unpacking "Gigau's CoA.rar", copy the ones you want in the folder \Crusader Kings\gfx\CoA.

Gigau's Graphics

Lately, i have tried to modify the backgrounds behing the faces of the leaders. As of right now, i have modded the backgrounds for :
1/ Kings
2/ Dukes
3/ Counts
4/ Religious
5/ Republic
6/ Muslim, Turk, Mongol
7/ Pagan
> Preview in post #46.

6/ Added a new background for the siege.
> Preview in post #6.

7/ A few more new graphics, in post #23 and in post #46.

To use any of these, after unpacking "Gigau's graphics.rar", copy the ones you want in the folder \Crusader Kings\gfx\Interface\

Gigau's Events

A more detail description in post #27.

> Unused Culture_Byzantine set to Napolitan, for a Napolitan melting pot event.
> Harelip trait becomes Patriarch.
> Schizofrenia trait becomes "Unable to rule"
> Clubfooted trait becomes Regent

> Events to help the fight against the mongols.
> Several Orthodox chaplains can become Patriarch.
> Regency events changed according to new trait.
> Events about disasters.
> Events about superstitions.
> Events about muslim not accepting the rule of Christians.
> Some other events....

As event pictures, I use pictures made by S1871 and Ambrox62.

2006-09-05 : Thanks to Veldmaarschalk and Fat, corrected culture issues in the event file "Provincial_Conversion_Events_2.txt".
Also corrected the event 23961 in the file "Regency_Events_2.txt" that wouldn't fire as designed.

I've tried to check all the events, as of now they don't seem to have caused any CTD and seem to work as i planned. Any feedback, comment or ideas are more than welcome in this thread.

==================================================

Download links

Gigaus_Events.rar
Gigaus_Graphics.rar

Metal texture coats of arms
Byzantium-metal.rar
Egypt-metal.rar
Europe-metal.rar
Jerusalem-metal.rar
Aleppo-metal.rar
Syria-metal.rar
Mauretania-metal.rar
NorthAfrica-metal.rar
Tunisia-metal.rar

Wood texture coats of arms
Europe-wood
Byzantium-wood.rar
Egypt-wood.rar
Jerusalem-wood.rar
Aleppo-wood.rar
Syria-wood.rar
Mauretania-wood.rar
NorthAfrica-wood.rar
Tunisia-wood.rar

Last edited:
Added new coats of arms

I'll just repeat what I already said earlier : those CoA I have for my game, and here in my mod, are mainly for eye pleasure. For some I indicate the informations explaining my choice of that particular. If I'm wrong, for personnal curiosity, please give me the more accurate informations.

coa08zy6.jpg

Aragon (ARAG) : This is the ancient aragonese CoA used until Petronilla queen of Aragon (1135-1173). The red and yellow one was used only since Alfonso II count of Barcelona (1152-1196), when he became king of Aragon.
Asturias (ASTU) : not sure what i changed and why... it was made some time ago.
Sligo (C007) : Made it fancier.
A portuguese county (C162) : Hmmmm... don't remember either :p

coa09gg4.jpg

Nice (C230) : Just made it look more like the current one of my birth city, but not sure when they started using that one.
Cyprus (CYPR) : Used the CoA that was used when the island was under Byzantine rule, until 1191.
Serbia (DSER) : Forgot for that one too (to make it short, i'll just say I forgot to back up the actual in-game CoA :p ).
England (ENGL) : I'm not sure if it was used by Guillaume the Conqueror after Hastings, but it was used at least by Henri II (1133-1189). The third lion was only added by Richard I Lionheart in 1198.

coa10qq4.jpg

Finland (FINL) : What might I have changed ?
Germania (GERM) : Gave them the Swabia CoA, asit was the CoA of the emperors Hohenstauffen from Conrad III (1093-1152) to Conrad IV (1228-1254).
Naples (NAPL) : I put the traditional napolitan horse over the CoA of the deHauteville dinasty (fantasy CoA).
Rus (RUSS) : Don't remember what was the Rus CoA, but i gave them the double headed eagle.

coa11kr6.jpg

Sweden (SWED) : Gave sweden its primitive CoA, the one used until Canut Johanson (?-1234). According to my source, the lion appears only with Magnus I Ladulas (1240-1290), and the three crowns of azur only with Magnus II (1316-1374).
Hispania (U000) : Fantasy CoA when my Castille rule over the four kingdoms of Castille, Leon, Aragon and Navarra.
Naples Empire (U003) : Fantasy CoA created when a de Hauteville became also king of Jerusalem (before I discovered there was a real Naples-Jerusalem CoA).
Occitania (U006) : Fantasy CoA created when my de Toulouse dinasty ruled overthe occitan part of France and became king of Aragon.

coa12zl7.jpg

Papacy of Avignon (U007) : Fantasy CoA I never used, but based on an actual CoA of a Pope in Avignon.
Brandenbourg (U008) : Fantasy CoA I created when my duke of Brandenbourg rule over the Baltic coast from Prussia to Denmark included.

Backgrounds

See new backgrounds in post 46

Last edited:
Posted muy mod, containning events like fueros, fighting the mongols, natural catastrophies,... and added the event pictures... (Special thanks to those who made those pictures).

eventpicturesjd6.jpg

Last edited:
Added a new background for the siege :

siegefp6.png

Drachenfire said:
These are very nice back grounds!! I very much like them! Which coat of armes did you chose for fantasy Aquitania?

If you meant fantasy Occitania, it's the bottom left one in the preview, with the two occitan crosses.

I did mean Occitania. My apologies, in the Wikipedia page on Aquitaine, it lists it as thus:

Aquitaine Aquitaine (Gascon and Occitan: Aquitània; Basque: Akitania)

But when I looked up the language, it listed it spoken as in Occitania. So there is understandable confusion as to weather it was Aquitània or Occitania. I am still unclear as to which is the most correct! I suppose Occitania? And I didn't know the connection to Basque either! That was interesting.

Either way, yours is a fantastic mod!

But when I looked up the language, it listed it spoken as in Occitania. So there is understandable confusion as to weather it was Aquitània or Occitania. I am still unclear as to which is the most correct! I suppose Occitania? And I didn't know the connection to Basque either! That was interesting.

Now you got me confused

Aquitaine Aquitaine (Gascon and Occitan: Aquitània; Basque: Akitania)

This means that in the Gascon and Occitan language Aquitaine is named and spelled Aquitània and in Basque it is named and spelled Akitania

Occitania is not another word for Aquitaine

Drachenfire said:

Well actually, if i'm not mistaken, Occitania is the whole south western part of France, from Nimes to the Atlantic. It is most of the french area speaking the language of Oc (or "langue d'oc", which gave Languedoc), by opposition of the language d'Oil, the frankish part of France.
So i guess Languedoc and Aquitaine are just evolution of the same notion, the language and culture of Oc.
(In fact, "oc" and "oil" both mean "yes". It was just the french seperated the two communities living in the country).

The connection with Basque is not so surprising if you search through the History. IIRC, Occitans, Basques, Iberians,... are all the heirs of the Wisigoth kingdom that ruled over the area for a long time, from before the fall of the Roman Empire to the invasions of the Almohads. Occitans got more connections with the frankish, Basques remained somewhat on their own, Iberians got influenced by the arabic culture.

Drachenfire said:
Either way, yours is a fantastic mod!

Aquitaine comes from the name the Romans (Julius Caesar in his Bello Gallico) gave to that region, it was named after a celtic tribe who lived there, that was long before there were people who spoke the langue d'Oc.

And as mentioned langue d'Oc comes from the occitan word for 'yes'

Added new coats of arms

I'll just repeat what I already said earlier : those CoA I have for my game, and here in my mod, are mainly for eye pleasure. For some I indicate the informations explaining my choice of that particular. If I'm wrong, for personnal curiosity, please give me the more accurate informations.

coa01ut2.jpg

The first two are the CoA of Vladimir (C535 and VLAD), just made fancier.
The third I gave to the duchy of Bohemia (DBOH). According to the source I use, it's the CoA of Bohemia until Vladislav II (around 1174).
Vladislav II, duke and later king of Bohemia, used the fourth CoA, that I gave to the king title of Bohemia (BOHE). It is only at the XIIIth century that Bohemia had the forked tail lion that is currently used in CK.

coa02ms2.jpg

Meath (MEAT) : CoA of the kingdom of Meath before english invasion.
Munster (MUNS) : Just made it fancier.
Ulster (ULST) : CoA of the Kingdom of Ulster prior to its invasion by the english.
Samos (SAMS) : Somehow i don't have this CoA in the game. Not sure of the source, so if anybody has the correct CoA... let me know :p ).

coa03fb5.jpg

Denmark (DENM) : new design of the one in-game.
Kleves (C083) : found this CoA as a more ancient one of the city.
Bremen (C995) : Just changed the design of the key.
Prussia (PRUS) : Just made it with a fancier eagle.

coa04ux3.jpg

Vologda (C406) : Made it fancier.
Anhalt (C310) : more ancient CoA (but not sure of the dates).
Mecklemburg, duchy (MECK) : this one is not accurate. Until end of XIIIth century, the CoA of the duchy is the same as the one of the county. So I took the duchy CoA that was used since 1383.
Werle (C307) : the accurate one is identical as that of county of Mecklemburg. So I took the Werle quadrant of the duchy of Mecklemburg.

coa05br4.jpg

Tver (TVER & C570) : Made it fancier.
Moscow (MOSK, MOSC & C575) : Same.
Norway (NORW) : Made that long ago. I used a more ancient CoA, with a longer handle to the axe.
Lower Volga (C608) : Made it fancier.

coa06hy1.jpg

Saxony (SAXO) : Added the green thing.
North Africa (NAFR) : Made it fancier.
Sicily (SICI) : Traditional arms of Sicily. The eagle was put by Manfred von Hohenstauffen, who remained in Sicily a very short time before getting kicked out by Charles d'Anjou king of Anjou (with the blessing of the Pope who didn't like having a relative of the Emperor in Sicily).
Genoa (GENO) : Don't know when this CoA was used, but wanted it different from that of the county.

coa07ka5.jpg

Damiette (DAMI) : Made it fancier.
Bjarmia (BJAR) : Made it fancier.
Zeeland (C079) : Wanted to change the CoA, so I gave the CoA of the city of Anvers (Antwerpen). Not accurate, I know.
Brabant (C117) : Same, wanted a change. I gave the CoA of the city of Namur (might change if I find a correct CoA of Bruxelles).

I put several other CoA that I just made fancier. And I have (but didn't add them) several CoA where I just changed the wood texture to metal texture.

Added new coats of arms

coa13vj8.jpg

Anjou (ANJO)
Bordeaux (BORD)
Brabant (C117)
Sevilla (C182 & SEVI)

coa14an6.jpg

Naples (C334) : Gave it the traditional napolitan horse.
Benevento (C335) : Gave the CoA of the city.
Consenza (C337) : Found the current CoA for the province of Consenza.
Reggio (C338) : Formerly that of Consenza but appeared to be an error.

coa15xn4.jpg

Messina (C339) : made it fancier.
Taranto (C344)
Lecce (C345) : Switched CoA with Apulia (C347).
Bari (C346)

coa16sf3.jpg

Apulia (C347) : Switched CoA with Lecce (C345).
Foggia (C348) : Made it fancier.
Bologna (C352) : Made it fancier.
Malta (C812) : The in-game CoA is modern. The cross on it is of the Order of St George, reward for action during WWII. I gave it the CoA of La Valetta.

coa17qn2.jpg

Galicia (GALI) : Gave the CoA of a former kingdom of Galicia.
Granada (GRAN) : Gave back the granada fruit to the muslim kingdom.
Kexholm (KEXH) : Made it fancier.
Kreta (KRET) : Found a CoA of Kreta on a Venise CoA of XVth century.

coa18vw8.jpg

Murcia (MURC) : Made it fancier.
Holstein (HOLS) : Removed the Schleswig half.
Schlesvig (SVIG) : Made it fancier.
Schlesvig-Holstein (HOLS-SVIG) : Made it fancier, and put it here in case some want it.

coa19yr7.jpg

Novgorod (NOVG) : Made it fancier.
Zara (ZARB) : Made it fancier.

Added new coats of arms

Most of the muslim provinces don't have nice CoA... just two colored ones. I decided to invent some.

coa20rd0.jpg

Alexandretta (C763)
Antiocheia (C764) : Was given to Antiocheia by Bohémond I de Hauteville when he liberated it.
Archa (C765)
Tortosa (C766) : Gave some provinces of the Tripoli duchy the occitan cross as they were liberated by Raymond IV de Toulouse.

coa21kz1.jpg

Tripoli (C767)
Baalbek (C768)
Safed (C769)
Beyrut (C770)

coa22ml5.jpg

Tyrus (C771) : I use the one made by Solo_Adhemar.
Acre (C772)
Tiberias (C773)
Jerusalem (C774) : I use the one made by Solo_Adhemar.

coa23gg3.jpg

Jaffa (C775) : I use the one made by Solo_Adhemar.
Hebron (C776)
Kerak (C777)
Montreal (C778)

coa24lz5.jpg

Beersheb (C779) : kept I use the one made by Solo_Adhemar.
Ascalon (C780) : I use the one made by Solo_Adhemar.
Darum (C781)
Negev (C782)

coa25vq9.jpg

Maan (C783)
Al Aqaba (C784)
Sinai (C785)
Eilat (C786)

coa26dd6.jpg

El Arish (C787)
Farama (C788)
Tunis (C817) : For this one, and for Medjerda and Annaba, I based it on details of napolitan CoA as the de Hauteville dinasty held Tunisia for a short time.
Medjerda (C819)

coa27se3.jpg

Annaba (C820)
Syria (SYRI) : based on the one I got for Egypt.

Last edited: