• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It will make sense once the war has begun. Don't worry, I'll be holding your hand during the first war.

Why not? It's a good tutorial game :D

My backlog is tremendous! I've only just cleared a few games and then I play something like Hearts of Iron, Football Manager or Civilization... Next thing I know, a few months have passed and my backlog is bigger than ever. :O

You'd best stay away from the Baldur's Gate series, then. That's a solid 150-200 hrs easily.

Have you seen the trailer for Siege of Dragonspear? Hearing Minsc say something completely new just gave me goosebumps. They even managed to recover Boo's "voice" from old tapes or something.

Have you seen the trailer for Siege of Dragonspear? Hearing Minsc say something completely new just gave me goosebumps. They even managed to recover Boo's "voice" from old tapes or something.

Ahhh, I didn't even realise they were making an expansion for the EE... I've held off on getting it because the original + tutu was always enough for me but I might have to reconsider!

The main advantage of the Enhanced Edition is that it adds the BG 2 control scheme (like tab for finding treasures and so on) and the graphics are a bit more crisp. The new NPCs are not all that interesting, compared to the old ones. So it wasn't "must have". Since "Siege" if a BG1 expansion, you'll need EE to enjoy the new one.
Fixes a couple of old bugs, like the "too busy" bug.
I lost my version of the game when my old computer crashed, so I had to buy both games again, which I didn't mind. They're worth it.

ERMAHGERD misterbean still posting in this one to! Was just diving into another bout as Germany and of course come back to my "old friend"(aka. this tutorial) to relearn the game again! Only to realize you also did a new toot for TFH!

Derail:
I owned the original BG1 and 2 but never even finish BG1 until EE came out, was waiting for a patch for BG2 when I saw them reveal Siege of dragonspear, now Im waiting for that todo a full on BG1+draongspear+BG2 run through. I think I'll just cloister myself in a monastery for about 1 or 2 years(as long as they have an internet connection!).
/EndDerail

Still wuggles this tutorial though!

ERMAHGERD misterbean still posting in this one to! Was just diving into another bout as Germany and of course come back to my "old friend"(aka. this tutorial) to relearn the game again! Only to realize you also did a new toot for TFH!

Derail:
I owned the original BG1 and 2 but never even finish BG1 until EE came out, was waiting for a patch for BG2 when I saw them reveal Siege of dragonspear, now Im waiting for that todo a full on BG1+draongspear+BG2 run through. I think I'll just cloister myself in a monastery for about 1 or 2 years(as long as they have an internet connection!).
/EndDerail

Still wuggles this tutorial though!

Thank you for the kind words.
I have finished the whole BG epic several times now. It is probably the only game in the world that I have played more often in terms of hours than HOI 3. I'm waiting for Dragonspear myself, before I start a new game.

This toturial I did find useful.

However, I eventually gave up trying to play the game I was playing. My paitence pretty much was gone by 1939.

However, it had nothing to do with waiting. It was more because was just completely and utterly fed up with the game crashing every other week it felt like. I had the same issue with TFH, but at least Podcat made a .exe file that didn't wan't to freaking crash for random things every few game weeks.

I could actually play TFH. FTM? Sorry, I'm not going to try to finish a game of FTM if I have to constantly reload the game because I clicked a single division. Or clicked a province...or just tried to look at production. Seriously I had to freaking restart about 10 the game because the game crashed on me before I was finished with start up.

You're not the only one with frequent crashes, but, honestly, I have never experienced it with vanilla in any version of the game. I'm sorry it ruined your experience.

Just recently started playing HoI III again because of all the hype building up around the fourth title in the series.
I always find myself coming back to this thread, even though it might be a little outdated and I'm only running vanilla (*gasp* "how could he?!") so I just wanted to leave a big THANK YOU :)
The tutorial style aar made playing the game a lot easier and therefore more enjoyable for me.

On another note: Is there a chance you will be playing HoI IV when it eventually comes out next year? If so, might I suggest another one of these threads?
Cheers!

Just recently started playing HoI III again because of all the hype building up around the fourth title in the series.
I always find myself coming back to this thread, even though it might be a little outdated and I'm only running vanilla (*gasp* "how could he?!") so I just wanted to leave a big THANK YOU :)
The tutorial style aar made playing the game a lot easier and therefore more enjoyable for me.

On another note: Is there a chance you will be playing HoI IV when it eventually comes out next year? If so, might I suggest another one of these threads?
Cheers!

Thank you for your kind words. I will most definitively buy HOI IV as soon as it comes out. Of course, an actual tutorial for the game would not be an immediate option. I'll have to get to know the game myself first. But a take IV is a possibility in the not-so-close future.

Thank you for your kind words. I will most definitively buy HOI IV as soon as it comes out. Of course, an actual tutorial for the game would not be an immediate option. I'll have to get to know the game myself first. But a take IV is a possibility in the not-so-close future.
Awesome, looking forward to the not-so-close future! :p

While I look forward to reading it, I won't buy HOI IV since it is supposed to be "steam only".

Someone on Youtube asked for advice on how to play. This is just a post to bring Take Two to the top, so he/she will be able to find it more easily.