• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First Sea Lord and Secretary of State for the Admiralty;

What a load of piffle. If I wanted to here such rubbish I would have gone down to the pictures to see an american film. Any excess production should be put towards a stronger Royal Navy.

Commander Middle East to Chief of Army:

Sir, having heard tale of the latest Debates in London, I feel need to note something.

Fortifications would, in fact, be quite useful along both ends of the Suez Canal, particularly Coastal Fortifications. Yes, my land forces can do a lot, but they cannot combat enemy naval forces, which could block the Canal with ease.

The Admiralty;

That is why the FAA and CC will provide air cover. However the fortifications would best be for land and sea.

Penta said:
Commander Middle East to Chief of Army:

Sir, having heard tale of the latest Debates in London, I feel need to note something.

Fortifications would, in fact, be quite useful along both ends of the Suez Canal, particularly Coastal Fortifications. Yes, my land forces can do a lot, but they cannot combat enemy naval forces, which could block the Canal with ease.

Sir Cyril Deverell, Chief of Army:

Commander,
Thank you for your quick note. The Admiralty assures us they will maintain control of the Meditteraenean and the Red Sea during any conflict. Regardless, any fortifications against naval attack will be the responsibility of the Admiralty. I won't spend what little money we get to protect us from naval deficiencies.

It would be appreciated if you could focus your energies upon the creation of plans to protect your command against two threats. The first is the unlikely event of war with Italy. This should focus upon offensive operations in East Africa and Libya, not the defense of Egypt.

The second, and more likely, internal trouble from the local inhabitants and the swift re establishment of order.

We understand the lack of resources you currently have, however any further requests for fortifications will only weaken our position at the bargaining table with our sister services and delay our planned increase of forces in your area. I'm sure you understand the implications of this for the whole service.

The Admiralty;

Do you propose just letting the enemy walk in to the canal while youa re fussing about in Libya? The Suez the juggular of the Empire, strangle it and we have a serious problem.

Sir Cyril Deverell, Chief of Army

Not in the slightest, we are mearly pointing out that it is the Admiralty's responsibility to protect the seaward routes. The army has always been able to rely on the navy to dominate the sea lanes, are you suggesting that for all the increases in your budget you can't perform a task you have performed for the last 500 years?

If there are fortifications to be built then let the Admiralty pay. If funds are removed from the Army's budget then we won't have anyone to man fortifications once they are built.

Last edited:
The Admiralty;

That sort of comment is beneath you, how dare you question the admiralty, if it wasn't for the pride of Britannia and her navy, The Germans, Dutch, French, Italians would have walked all over the army.

Sir Cyril Deverell, Chief of the Army

My point exactly. Stop trying to waste what little money we have by demanding naval fortifications. As long as you continue to see to your own affairs they will not be necessary.

The Admiralty;

As long as you do not interfere with Naval Matters.

Hey pedal! Yeah you can join.

Ok, everyone, IRL and exams in combo has made for a busy 2 weeks, and will continue for a little while. :( Could I most humbly ask for one of our cabinet ministers to take over and actually get this started, and make the descisions, just until this weekend is over, then my RL commitments will be done, and I can take over again, Thanks a lot to whoever does this. I will e-mail you the save file, so you can start playing.

Thanks for waiting everyone, I'm sorry about this.

In addition to the absence of our fearless leader, I've to declare an Leave of Absence (LOA) for about 1- 2 weeks as I'm moving to Canberra to start my postgraudate education in the Austrialian National University. In the mean time, please appoint Petrarca as the acting RAF head. Sorry for all the inconvenience caused. :(

Asimov said:
In addition to the absence of our fearless leader, I've to declare an Leave of Absence (LOA) for about 1- 2 weeks as I'm moving to Canberra to start my postgraudate education in the Austrialian National University. In the mean time, please appoint Petrarca as the acting RAF head. Sorry for all the inconvenience caused. :(

Nice place, I used their library a fair bit for my thesis! :)

I'm happy to wait for Formula or serve under anyone who wants the job of interim PM........ except for that fool from the Admiralty! :D :p

Cheers,
Duritz.

Yes, you can Christensen: Navy, Army, or Airforce, and Sir Deverell, you have interim command, as I will be away longer than expected. I'll email you the .sav file, If you would please, could you get at least the first month played?

Formula, if you dump it into my lap, I could play it for a while? I'd need to read the entire thread again to refresh my memory over what was decided, but I can do it, since School has started to slow down a wee bit.

All building and construction is for the admiralty. ;)

Sir Humphrey said:
All building and construction is for the admiralty. ;)

Dream about it!!! :D :D

Duritz.