• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First Sea Lord and Secretary of State for the Admiralty;

Whys hould we appease the Frogs? why should we send the honest Tommies to defend France? The Frogs are capablke of defending their own souil with their own troops. Britain is a naval power,a dns he shall remain so. And who do we defend the middle east and India from? The Russians? Afghanistan? We should make the most serious representations to Japan, remember they were on our side in the last lot.

So forth, the Navy shoudl get first priority, teh airforce second and the army last.

Chief of Staff of the RAF and Secretary of State of the Air Ministry:

With respect to my learned colleague, the eminent First Sea Lord, I have to voice RAF's opposition to what the RN proposed. The British Army is a intergal part of the Empire's defence and it cannot be neglected even though no foreseeable threat is present. The Army is in such deplorable state that it need many years to recuperate its strength to function properly again, but we do not know the amount of time we have left. Therefore, the reformation of Army must start as soon as possible.

The army is in no deplorable state what so ever, and can defend the Empire from the usual native problems. Your army can easily handle the situation on the North West Frontier or in Palestine. We should not have to fight for France whilse she has forces of her own capable of doing the job.

Asimov said:
OOC: When did I, a RAF officer, be promoted to be the CIGS? :rofl: Actually, we don't have a CIGS yet. :D

Oops! :rolleyes: Sorry but our typing lady is on secondment from the WRAN (Women's Royal Auxillery Navy). ;) :D

I hope this emphasis' the need for additional funds to the Army long term. Admitedly we're happy with a research funding priority we enjoy at the moment but eventually we'll be looking at an increase in men and equipment.

Chief of Army, Sir Cyril Deverell

Tell me my dear fellow, can the army defend the english channel? No. Can the army defend the Meditereanean? No. Can the Army defend the Atlantic? No. Can the army defend the Pacific? No. Can the Navy defend all the oceans and all the Empire? Yes, however if funds are diverted to the rediculous armys uggestions, things can only deteriorate and the defence of the Empire can only be undermined.

My dear fellow, you're starting to sound as silly as that Italian fellow who thought that future wars would be fought between fleets of bombers. What tosh!

The Army appreciates the efforts of the navy (and airforce) but seems to get no appreciation in return. The complexities of naval warfare are best understood by the Admiralty, we'd appreciate it if the Admiralty could accept that land warfare is best understood by the General Staff.

Britain is The World Power but the Admiralty seems to suggest a policy of containment only, and as a result wishes to limit the options of our political leaders and the Glory of the Empire. Only a balanced military can continue to provide Britain her rightful place in the sun.

Chief of Army, Sir Cyril Deverell.

To: Admirality
From: Lord Tulp of the Naval Task Force in the Medditeranian.

need info on-stop-mandate in med-stop-info needed on vessels and TF-stop.

With regards,

Lord Tulp.

(OOC: Some quick OOC bits people seem to have missed...

1. What date is it? How're we handling time?

2. Just what IS my area of responsibility?

3. I'm handling...What? Land Forces only? Do I get air? Naval? Or...)

Not enough time to answer everyone's questions, but, we should decide how to handle time (I think every week I should play at least a 3 months in peacetime, and up to 1 month in wartime, stopping for major events.)

And, for the 100th time, please tell me if you would like to do shared co-op MP in wartime.

OOC:

Formula51...I've no opinion re timings. 3/1 sounds fine. Whatever can be agreed to.

As far as Co-Op MP: I don't know yet, honestly. My new semester at school starts next Monday, and I don't know what the workload will be like.

You are incorrect old boy, for a strong empire depends on a strong navy, and on a strong navy shall we triumph as we always have.

To GOC of Med Fleet;

No action to be taken at present. Maintain current duties without exception. Information will be forwarded when needed.

Formula51 said:
Not enough time to answer everyone's questions, but, we should decide how to handle time (I think every week I should play at least a 3 months in peacetime, and up to 1 month in wartime, stopping for major events.)

And, for the 100th time, please tell me if you would like to do shared co-op MP in wartime.

The time zone problem is just too great to overcome for a co-op MP. I suggest this time we just do it the old fashioned way. And can I suggest we up the non war periods to 6 months or even a year. The quicker we get to the action the better.... and I won't have to think of any more polite insults for Sir Hump to fill in time :p :D

Penta, at the moment I'd suggest your command is purely land forces. In times of war I'm sure the PM or CIGS (if we find one) will appoint area commanders for the whole shebang but for peace time, only the service you're from. That means your life is rather boring but it's just another reason to get this show on the road.........

OOC: This is historically what happened, and in Britain the services could get quite nasty as to whom got what and where. So these arguments are realtivly historical.

Honorable gentlemen, I wish a commission in His Majesty's armed forces in whichever branch Downing Street sees fit. I would have asked for the Mediterranean fleet, but as it is taken I ask for some sort of operational command, preferably the RAF or the Army.

Welcome to the RAF, my good fellow! The Empire need capable men to defend its vast domain in the sky. Are you interested in an appointment in the Home Isles, or a more exotic foreign post would suit your temperment more? :D

Asimov said:
Welcome to the RAF, my good fellow! The Empire need capable men to defend its vast domain in the sky. Are you interested in an appointment in the Home Isles, or a more exotic foreign post would suit your temperment more? :D
Given the likelihood of another clash between the Huns and the French, I believe that the RAF must be deeply concerned with the aerial defense of the Home Isles and the skies over Belgium. Herr Hitler was an enlistee in the Great War. It seems only likely that the romantics and warmongerers in Germany would seek to repeat their same plan of crashing through Belgium, particularly with no Eastern Front to worry about. The infrastructure for airbases in Singapore, Burma, and Hong Kong should be increased, but I think the Nipponese are not likely to move out of their Chinese playground.

Tea, anyone?

I must disagree, it should be naval installations in the Far East that be upgraded, and Singpore and Hong Kong have defences established, against land sea and air attack.

Sir Cyril Deverell, Chief of Army

What a waste of resources. The harbour is large enough for the navy's need and fortifications are just so.... defensive!

Let's save our industry for more worthwhile uses. The army will soon require largescale production of lorries, rifles, artillery, tanks and other equipment. Any excess production should be focused into increasing our wartime capacity to produce these weapons.

Sir Humphrey said:
This is historically what happened, and in Britain the services could get quite nasty as to whom got what and where. So these arguments are realtivly historical.

OOC: I know, but it's still not as fun as planning a war.........

Last edited: