• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Sparks sent flying, my mind thundering
The room of my heart flashing to the sky
The flaring of fumes fill my senses
Pervade this room and this space

The days they blend into the nights
The moon, the sun unite
Order of stars expires
A fan is chosen

I listen and aim, I observe
I use all the forces and let it transpire
I congratulate @nuclearslurpee absolute
And blinding, dazzling brilliance

From roaring flames the words emerge
Come forth they do with vile charms
The poisoned length of this post hides the beauty
But I see and perceive their deceit, I see

Into the blaze I shove them back
To lose their forms to the hungry fire
Again and yet again
I start my work anew
Again and again
I congratulate nuclearslurpee again [*]

[*] Appropriated butchered from Sampo of the album Skyforger by Amorphis (2009)
Edit: Corrected a formatting mistake.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
As it is still Sunday somewhere I believe I am in time to pass on this... auspicious honor to some other, ah, deserving soul. :p

The awarding this week is complicated in that I have essentially been awarded this after returning to the forums after a brief, brief I say! absence, so regrettably I feel unqualified to comment on who has been an excellent fan in recent times. In pondering this conundrum, my first thought was to be facetious and award this to my greatest fan, this being whoever posted their congratulations first. While I am sure @DensleyBlair is a deserving candidate, I am unfamiliar with his body of work in the field of fandom and to treat this prestigious award so blithely is perhaps a step too far even for me, a known treater of things blithely.

Fortunately I am saved at the bell by the production of congrats in the form of poetry. Long reading experience including reviews of older classics has taught me that any AAR is much-enriched when the commentAARs produce poetry, thus such things should be rewarded with the utmost in prestige and finery. Plus this way I get to award a fan of myself, however recent, possibly unintentionally, and perhaps not knowing what they have gotten themselves into.

It is therefore my pleasure to award for the second time @filcat the Fan of the Week award!

• 2Like
  • 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Congrats @filcat ! I think your post in the Year end AwAARds thread is one of your best. It's a great mix of humor and historical art, although your poetry and songs are fun too!

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Oh no.

@nuclearslurpee, posting early to get ahead of the situation, and regardless, sincerely grateful for the kind words of @RustyHunter and @Midnite Duke; however,

sincere apologies for the inconvenience in advance;

Cheers for the elegant words in the nomination post and your consideration, as Fan of the Week is the most wondrous honour (universal filcat-o-metre), but unfortunately cannot accept it, and have to respectfully decline.

It would be unfair because it has been about four months since the last time winning, and as the moderatAARs and the others would agree, a grace period of six months is preferred between the nominations, because there are hundreds of wonderful writAARs, who have not received any nomination yet, if not recently been nominated, but commenting with posts of beauty, following AARs with zealous loyalty, writing with enormous diligence, all from one-word mentions just for keeping up the interest to page-long analyses for contributing to energise the AARs, thus deserving kudos for their vigorous dedication, undying devotion, and immortal passion.

Looking forward to your choice of the fan of the week.

As a further apology, here is a (hastily done) depiction for it; hopefully it may at least cause a smile, if not bring laughter:

1639397645310.jpeg
1639397661299.jpeg
1639397669453.jpeg
1639397678831.jpeg
1639397688067.jpeg
1639397702822.jpeg
[*]

[*] Adapted from still-shots of the (horrendous) film 300 (d. Zack Snyder, 2006).
Oh yes, watching it in german makes it spectacularly mental. Though, it will still be a one-hour-fifty-seven min. of loss from lifespan.

• 3Like
  • 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
As much as I would have heartily agreed with your nomination, good on you @filcat for passing it on. And for doing so in such characteristic style!

And thanks @nuclearslurpee for the consideration! (however facetious :p)

• 5Like
Reactions:
While I will certainly not begrudge @filcat the right of refusal, I will note that ths six-month rule has always been more of a guideline than a hard rule, indeed the previous winner before me was re-nominated (deservingly, to be sure!) after only three months. That said, again it is your right and we shall respect this.

This does however place us in a mild conundrum as I really have been absent from AARland long enough that I am not up to date on who else has been the fanniest of fans, and barring facetiousness (or nominating El Pip purely to annoy him) the responsibility of selecting a nominee is not one I can carry out presently.

Thus I will invoke Elaboration Rule (c), and open up the next nomination on a first-come, first-served basis - unless filcat has a change of heart in which case the nomination remains his by right.

• 5Like
Reactions:
(or nominating El Pip purely to annoy him)
That would be more your typical approach, so I am duly impressed that you rose above your baser instincts.
Z3wSg01.gif

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Opened for nomination as requested by @nuclearslurpee !
Thanks @filcat for being a knowledgeable and good bloke and not accepting his nomination ahead of time. I did let @RustyHunter have his early time in the sun as I was already late to the party IIRC and he was indeed worthy of nomination given his activity.

So, would someone nominate already? Preferably someone who hasn't been nominated in the past six'ish months ;) Check the first thread post for reference who won when.

• 4Like
Reactions:
How about we nominate @Bibliophile? They're very new to the CK2 forums and yet they've already become a regular fixture of The Last Days of the Han (Three Kingdoms AAR) over the past few months. A fan who consistently leaves comments on an update on the same day as the upload is a treasure, let me tell you. Plus, as far as I can tell, @Bibliophile has never received this type of thanks for their engagement.

Anyway, that's my suggestion.

• 5Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Congratulations @Bibliophile , welcome to the halls of fandom fame!

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: