Europa Universalis IV: The Cossacks announced!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was actually just joking. :p. If they do make that loading screen art, that would make for a sudden departure from the "notable single figure, notable location" theme they've done with each previous screen.

If they use anyone surely its gotta be Bohdan Zynoviy Mykhailovych Khmelnytsky

Reactions:
A non-book named expansion?

Anyways, this is probably your best trailer yet for an expansion. I hope you'll make the future trailers more like this one.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Last edited:
Reactions:
Loving the Cossacks and Steppe tribes in general! :)

Who else is going to horde massive amounts of mp just by razing and using espionage?
And then dumping it all in one city, probably Samarkand, hmm,...that sounds unprecedented!

Expansion sounds fantastic, but i think it would be very cool if it was named "With Fire and Sword".

Also nice (Mount & Blade ftw) but I'd preferred "Leviathan". Much more metal than Cossacks.

Reactions:
As all EU4 DLC it's named after a book.
- Conquest of Paradise - colonization of real America ( and i did not found a book with such name ) ; Wealth of Nations - trade related stuff ( and a book kind of fit a theme ); Res Publica - republican stuff ( again did not found a book with such name ); Art of War - biggest expansion to date about war and related stuff ( whole two books have such a name, both not are non fiction and perfectly fit the theme ) ; El Dorado - colonization of fake America ( please dont tell me that it was named after Poe poem or one of Scarlet Pimpernel adventure novels ); Common Sense - parliaments and stuff ( and named after pamphlet not a book ).

You want to tell me that DLC were cossack estate are just one small features and not a main theme would be fitting to be called after Leo Tolstoy work of fiction?

Reactions:
- Conquest of Paradise - colonization of real America ( and i did not found a book with such name ) ; Wealth of Nations - trade related stuff ( and a book kind of fit a theme ); Res Publica - republican stuff ( again did not found a book with such name ); Art of War - biggest expansion to date about war and related stuff ( whole two books have such a name, both not are non fiction and perfectly fit the theme ) ; El Dorado - colonization of fake America ( please dont tell me that it was named after Poe poem or one of Scarlet Pimpernel adventure novels ); Common Sense - parliaments and stuff ( and named after pamphlet not a book ).

You want to tell me that DLC were cossack estate are just one small features and not a main theme would be fitting to be called after Leo Tolstoy work of fiction?
Res publica or the republic is a book by machiavelli. As for the others go on steam and check the ebook available with each dlc. Sure some of the early ones may not have been named for books but I think they'll keep on naming them for books.

Reactions:
So, the important questions for Wiz or TotalyMoo:

1) Are we able to play as Cossacks?
2) Is Zaporozhian Sich still a formable nation playable after 1552? Is there a way to create Don Host Army... If there were marches in Eastern Europe, these were the states... using the name loosely. 3) Is there a unique government for such a Cossack state?
4) War aspect of this expansion. Both Hordes and Cossacks raided and counter-raided the frontier. How is this reflected in the DLC? The trailer implies we finally have the chance to wage war against the Ottomans as Cossacks? Is that a just a trailer or do we finally have that chance?

Reactions:
Sounds great! And if the expansion is a tenth as good as the trailer was, I will love it!

Reactions:
Res publica or the republic is a book by machiavelli. As for the others go on steam and check the ebook available with each dlc. Sure some of the early ones may not have been named for books but I think they'll keep on naming them for books.
- loled hard. As i pointed out the only expansions that are named after books are WoN, AoW and CS, all other including one of the recent ones - El Dorado, are not named after books. And also those three books were non-fiction unlike Leo Tolstoy Cossacks.
PS: i did not found Machiavelli's book named Res Publica or Republic.

Reactions:
I Like how Paradox thinks:
Fans: we want more focus on diplomacy!
Paradox: Ok. hmm... who is best know for they diplomacy skills? Oh yeah - the Cossacks.
I'd preferred "Leviathan". Much more metal than Cossacks.
Maybe the Stellaris team already called dibs on it (I just want some Farscape in my Stellaris game)?

Last edited:
Reactions: