Europa Universalis IV: 1.33 Open Beta Updated (February 11th)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
is it possible to add more scriptable effects in the common/00_scripted_functions.txt file? A lot of new mechanics have been added since that file was created and it would be nice to change the conditions for them. Eg: can_barrage_fort = {} can_expand_infrastructure = {} can_embrace_revolution = {} etc

The event to spawn Tungning does not give the option to switch to it, unlike every other Chinese tag. Also it spawns 2 to 3 techs behind every time with no institution embraced. It's probably an oversight?

Reactions:
thanks your work
bug!
# Li Zicheng's rebellion and the Shun dynasty
id = ming_crisis.3
add_years_of_income = 15
Don't take effect
and yunnan only is 50 money
F9T~}5TA$ZMUFKKZK8G02OL.pngNQR7G4[[ML[$RJIS0B4M@LT.pngWX$XI~]_MR)AO76JXLG[TJV.png

This is more of a small compliant if anything else, but would it be possible to make Eastern Technology nations start with the Western Coast of Iceland Undiscovered (Prov ID 1477)? They already don't start with the Farros islands and Iceland discovered so this has kinda always bothered me. There is also the Philippine Trench for Muslims Technology countries and It just seems like an oddball (Prov ID 4358). I don't think 'undiscovering' them will be game changing but more so reducing... visual clutter? (Honesty didn't know a better way to describe it lol)

Also is there a bug atm with Consort dying in Multiplayer causing De-syncs? I was playing with a group earlier on a modded version of 1.33.1 and everytime a Consort of a player died it crashed the game. While this could be something on our end, it was something I wanted bring up as you never know.

1644650024504.png

1644650341043.png

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
I'm glad that maritime ideas got a change but to my knowledge, the ship trade power propagation modifier barely seems to do anything in most cases compared to the ship trade power modifier. It strikes me as strange that there's no idea group that directly buffs ship trade power, though there is a naval-trade policy that gives a 40% increase.

Reactions:
Regarding the Marine Force limit changes, can we implement Special Units into the Template macrobuilder? e.g, if I want a stack of 40 Marines only, then I can just use the macrobuilder to build 40 Marines into a stack. This would provide extreme quality of life because even one non-Marine unit drastically increases boarding and debarking times for invasions.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Given that it wasn't in todays notes I guess reverting the artillery backline retreating isn't on the menu, hence I'll make a final plead to at least put a modifier reducing the morale damage towards the backline by 50-75% to alleviate the associated issues somewhat.

I know that the above can be modified, I'm grateful for the ability to and think most mp groups will, but you will still have single players incentivized to use awkward army compositions, the ai being further from an ideal composition (even if coded to it's unlikely to manage the financial strain), and a bigger jump from sp to mp for players wanting to try the latter.

Last edited:
Can you explain what you want to say with your screenshot and the attachment? "The Mandate of Heaven Lost" is a triggered modifier which countries with the celestial empire reform can get if the Mandate of Heaven DLC is not enabled. "Lost Mandate of Heaven" is a modifier which a country gets for 20 years if it loses the mandate of heaven (which requires the Mandate of Heaven DLC to be enabled).

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've returned after almost 1-year break. My impression is that Supportive focus for my vassals stopped working as intended. I'm selecting "Allow attach" on my armies, even do it for 1K armies so that attrition is no concern, move my "Allow attach" armies close, change focus in hope of reset, but AI decides to park their armies and do nothing anyway. Therefore I'm stuck with "No focus" which makes my subjects the most active.

Why do we now have to demand migratory tribes migrate at the same time as we annex them with the force migration CB? It leads to this weird quirk where you still annex them, but they jump provinces first. It also means that you can't annex them UNLESS they have a province to jump to, because they cant migrate and you cant take a province without them migrating. It's really counterintuitive.

If the cb is supposed to let you take provinces then why is there this weird restriction? If you arent supposed to take provinces with it then why is it an option at all?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Very nice work! I have some suggestions though:

The "Sino-culture" names do not sound very interesting, nor historical. It looks very artificial, too. How about some changes like the Manchu case?
Sino-Vietnamese --> Jiaozhi
Sino-Tibetan --> Zang
Sino-Altaic --> Menggu
Sino-Korean --> Joseon or Chaoxian

Now almost all tags around Ming can benefit from the new changes, but Chagatai remains an exception. Maybe a change like the following can solve this issue:

Chagatai can form Liao when the following conditions are met: (Western Liao, 1124-1218 was a sinicized dynastic empire in central Asia, a successor state to the Liao dynasty of China)
- Primary culture changed to Uyghur
- Has converted to Buddhism
- Has controlled and cored all the Chagatai and Yarkand lands (in 1444 setup), and Hami, Yumen, Samarkand, Zhangye
Effect:
- Country name changes to "Liao"
- Becomes a monarchy and takes` government reform "Chinese Kingdom"
- Sinicize Uyghur culture to Huihu (Chinese name for the uyghur people before they converted to Islam) or Khitan-Uyghur
- Gain permanent claims on Mongolia and Manchuria regions, as well as West Gansu, East Gansu, Shaanxi, Shanxi, North Hebei and South Hebei areas
- Is an end-tag
- Gain new mission tree (a tree like the Manchu one)
- New ideas (can be very close to the Chagatai ones, but with a new name)

These conditions are almost impossible for AI but will add a lot of fun for players. It also has historical basis, at least to some extent.

• 1Like
Reactions:
- Revolution in a province will increase the local unrest by 0.25 per Absolutism instead of 0.5 local minimum autonomy.
- The Napoléon event from the French Revolution disaster now spawns Napoléon as a competent general too when he becomes your ruler.
- Being the Revolutionary Target gives now +10% Morale of Navies. It also gives now +25% Manpower and Sailor Recovery Speed instead of +40% Land and Naval Force Limit Modifier.
- The Revolution and the French Revolution disasters can now be triggered if your capital and 7 other provinces are occupied by rebels while Revolutionary Rebels are active in your country.
- The Revolution is much less likely to spread to a very stable monarchy (stable means here that the owner has 2 Stability and 90 Legitimacy).
- The Revolution now prefers to spread in the provinces of the owner of the Center of the Revolution.
- Revolutionary Rebels are more likely to spawn if you are a monarchy with at least 80 Absolutism and less 80 Legitimacy. Being bankrupt also motivated Revolutionaries to spawn.
- Revolutionary Rebels no longer spawn before the Age of Absolutism.
- Revolutionary Rebels now spread the Revolution in your country if the occupied province is on the same continent as the Center of the Revolution or if the occupied province has the Enlightenment and 10 development.
- Revolutionary Zeal gives now Discipline similar to Absolutism, giving +5% Discipline at 100 Revolutionary Zeal.
In regards to revolution changes, I do quite really like them, especially the switch from minimum autonomy to unrest. I think there's still 2 things about revolutions that needs a look into. The revolutionary empire is still bad compared to revolutionary republic. You not only lose your estates from being revolutionary but you end up losing the factions mechanic from revolutionary republic too. There's also the fact I could argue revolutionary republic has more powerful government reforms. At the moment I have little incentive to ever switch to revolutionary empire since I only lose mechanics from doing it so and I feel im actively sabotaging myself. My suggestion is to bring the factions (with different factions or not), or some estates back. Something, so it doesn't feel empty and weaker. The other thing is the -100 papal influence you get from being revolutionary, making it so you are blocked to ever utilize the catholic faith ever again until you return to stop being revolutionary. Again, only the catholic faith, I can understand part of the historic reasons but -100? At that point why keep being catholic. Even in historical scenario, when napoleon took over, he normalize the relations with the catholic church but we the players can't never do that. (it is an idea the revolutionary empire could remove the catholic debuff, but it's a bit arbitrary why only one side can do that)

Last edited:
Reactions: