• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Question for EU4 wiki capitalization standards. The link to other pages like Events, Missions, Decisions, Ideas (see Base Game Dev Diary 18) are capitalized, but the change that I made to capatilize Disasters to make it consitient (they are just like Events or Missions) was reverted with "Caplitalization standards".

What are the standars for capitalization on the wiki? The CK2 wiki seems to use lower letters for links.
Only capitalize names (E.G., mission names, event names, decision names).
Due to being the work of numerous editors, this isn't always properly standardized. The entry you refer to being a prime example.

Hm. I must have viewed a previous version or something. I swear the list I saw was different. Oh well. Lots of other places to work on.
BTW, don't remove section versioning when it is up to date; set it to 1.9 instead. That'll turn it invisible until the next major patch.

When El Dorado releases in six, the wiki will be holding another contest: http://www.eu4wiki.com/Contest
Prizes worth a total of €309 will be given out.

There's one change from the previous contests other than the increase in prize value; updating especially outdated pages is now incentivized. Updating pages/sections marked as being for version 1.7 or older will be worth 50% more tickets than updating pages for 1.8 or 1.9.

If anyone has any rule suggestions, complaints, or criticism, please do tell.

When El Dorado releases in six, the wiki will be holding another contest: http://www.eu4wiki.com/Contest
Prizes worth a total of €309 will be given out.

There's one change from the previous contests other than the increase in prize value; updating especially outdated pages is now incentivized. Updating pages/sections marked as being for version 1.7 or older will be worth 50% more tickets than updating pages for 1.8 or 1.9.

If anyone has any rule suggestions, complaints, or criticism, please do tell.
This contest is now live.

The wiki indicates that becoming Arabia changes NIs and ambitions.

That is not the case, at least when I just did it with the Mamluks

edit: I like Mamluk NIs and ambitions better so this is purely an observation versus the wiki as was the case with forming Germany as well.
Where does the wiki indicate this? It doesn't appear to say on the Arabia page.

Is the wiki page with the achievement conditions ( http://www.eu4wiki.com/Achievement_conditions ) reliably right and up to date now? For example, if it doesn't state "If you form any nation, you will be ineligible for the achievement", it is save to form any nation?
For example achievement No121, Baltic Crusader, which requires yo to start as Teutonic or Livonian Order and conquer, core and convert all of the russian region. It doesn't break the achievement to form Kurland, Prussia or even the HRE?

Would be glad if someone could tell me where to find the achievement files to be able to have a look myself in the future.
It should be up to date for 1.12, yeah. Though not 1.13 yet.
Look in the upper-right corner of the page in the future. The versioning there is usually correct.

@Meneth :

I'm a genuine newbie when it comes to editing web pages, but would like to create a page for one of my mods on the eu4wiki?

How do I go about it? Where? How? Any tutorials on how to get started on creating this mod page?
Search for the name of your mod; that'll give you a link to create the page.
Copy the page of another mod (E.G., http://www.eu4wiki.com/MEIOU_and_Taxes), and then just use that as a basis for creating your mod page.
If you need anything beyond that, there's a ton of info here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents

Replace it with a fitting name for your logo (or remove it if you've got no logo).
Hit "preview". That'll give a red link for the logo since it doesn't exist. Follow that and you'll get to upload one.

Reactions:
The Paradox wikis are running a multi-wiki contest as after the release of both Cradle of Civilisation and Jade Dragon. This contest is available across CK2, EU4, HOI4, and Stellaris wikis.

Prizes include discount vouchers up to 90% off in the Paradox store and the option to win copies of Crusader Kings II, Hearts of Iron 3 Collection, Victoria 2 Complete and Age of Wonders 3.

Last edited:
We have deliberately removed exceptionally outdated strategy guides, as there was little reason to believe they were still useful for the current version of the game.
We do encourage people to write new ones though.

I’m having problems trying to log in to the wiki for the first time. After clicking on the Log In link and entering my credentials on this page, I’m redirected to the forum homepage. If I manually open the wiki, I’m not logged in. I already tried to enable third-party cookies, but it did not help. Am I doing something wrong?
That does sound rather strange. I'm unable to reproduce it on my machine.
Does it work if you're already logged into the forums? Alternatively, if you open the wikis in a private session so that you're not already logged into the forums?

Did you use an account that is already created in the wiki? Might be related to account creation.

It seems like there are no new accounts since September 25th, while there used to be multiple account creations per day (see user creation log). So maybe something changed on that date.
We've been able to reproduce the issue 10-15 minutes ago with a new account, yeah. We're still investigating.

It should now work. So please try creating your account again now!

Improved security for the Paradox account system meant that one of the calls the wikis make when creating a new account was no longer allowed. We've ensured it now happens in a more secure manner so the account system allows the call.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

I have an issue with the EU4 wiki in particular, where some of the CSS doesn't seem to be loading. I'm on Firefox 121, but the issue appears in Microsoft Edge and Chrome too, and even in Desktop-mode on both Chrome and Firefox for Android. Safari on my iPad seems to be fine, though. It also works on my LG TV. I am honestly at a loss, and I hope someone can help out, because it actually keeps me from playing the game.

Pasted below is an example of the Egyptian ideas infobox in Firefox, on both Desktop and Mobile modes.

View attachment 1067704
As mentiond above by @jonjowett , clearing the browser's cache should resolve this. Please PM me if it still continues.