EUIV: Rights of Man Content Pack Renders

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If i recall correctly, the skin tone of North Africans was fixed. Also, Swahili and Somalian units were extended to cover all the minor states. Unfortunately, this dindn't happen with the Ethiopians.
This is what I recall as well.

One nation is sorely missing and that is the beloved nation of Ulm!
Ulm has already been covered in the Catholic League unit pack for tier 2 and Common Sense content pack for tiers 1, 3 and 4.

Reactions:
The models are looking good, and I'll probably buy the pack at launch. A few thoughts:
- I guess the reasoning for no tier 4 units for the German princes is that they wouldn't be likely to be around by the late game?
- Since Hausa doesn't even exist at the 1444 date, I hope the three minors with Hausan culture get those models as well.
- This is going to sound a bit salty, but I wish the faces of the East African unit models (from Mare Nostrum content pack) had the same same attention put to them as the West Africans here. Many users didn't find them very accurate as I recall.
- Still perhaps a bit salty, but it's funny that both German and Italian minors now have models, yet a unified Germany or Italy does not (unless I'm sorely mistaken). No bigger fish to fry?
since historically germany and italy were basically prussia(brandenburg) and sardinia-piedmont(savoy) respectively i think just use their model for their unified countries is fair enough, like the same thing with england and great britain. but the lack of unique model for both prussia and savoy is just an abomination.

Reactions:
That is indeed the case, all the Hausan cultured nations, and Hausa itself if formed, will use this set of units. We've gone through the cultures that are shared to fill the map a bit more with the units. So Mali will for example share its units with Jolof and Jenné.

Also, we've made sure that dynamic coloring is in full use among the units.

Thank you so much! These models look fantastic.

I have a question from back when you did the changes to the Mare Nostrum unit packs. When you made the changes to the tier 3 Italian units you removed the old ones from the pack, would it be possible to add them back in for modders to use? The answer from last time was that someone would look into it, I'm just wondering if you have an answer. Thank you.

Not the reason, but this unit pack focused on tier 1 & 3, tier 2 have already been covered in an earlier content pack.

I think there were some alterations made to those after release due to that feedback, at least around the Ethiopian and Somalian units areas I believe?

That is indeed the case, all the Hausan cultured nations, and Hausa itself if formed, will use this set of units. We've gone through the cultures that are shared to fill the map a bit more with the units. So Mali will for example share its units with Jolof and Jenné.

Also, we've made sure that dynamic coloring is in full use among the units.
does that apply to most other culture as well, for example, laotian, vietnamese, egyptian? it's very strange to form egypt as the mamluk only to find out the new country doesn't inherit the old one's model; or to see that luang prabang is the primary nation for laotian, not lan xang and yet it's lan xang who gets unique model and not luang prabang

Reactions:
since historically germany and italy were basically prussia(brandenburg) and sardinia-piedmont(savoy) respectively i think just use their model for their unified countries is fair enough, like the same thing with england and great britain. but the lack of unique model for both prussia and savoy is just an abomination.
That would be perfectly acceptable. Something I'd like to see is being able to inherit the unit models of your previous tag when forming a new one, at least if the formable doesn't have unit models of their own.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Very Good work on the africans units !

Though im a bit dissapointed that german minor do not get tier 4 units :(
But well they are amazing too. Good job

Reactions:
Really nice and high quality stuff. Those Hausa and Timbuktu ones look almost like Ninjas :p

Hope you guys release that Evangelical Majors pack too, that we've been waiting a long time for. And also for the next pack, I think the Middle East and East Asia could sorely need some proper units in this kinda quality. :)

Last edited:
Reactions:
Loving the Turban looks. Air, Kanem Bornu, and Mali especially have some awesome new units imo. Although I do feel the last Air one is a bit of let down from the others headgear wise :p

These unit models look very nice, very impressed. It is indeed a strange choice to only have 1 and 3... especially since I do believe that a couple of these princes don't have tiers 2s (Bruinswick/Hannover), and that there are no tier 4s (Napoleonic Sprite Pack later down the line, maybe?). This is especially annoying considering the tier 4s for the Western tech group are one of the uglier sprites in the game with those flat noses and murderous side burns.

African nations look fantastic. I love them completely!

Any news on Evangelical Majors? They have been ready for almost a year now and it seems borderline criminal to not have Prussian models for the Prussian patch, not to mention that there are screenshots containing the Prussian sprites on the RoM store page on steam. I wouldn't mind seeing the Swedes and French get finished up as well.

All in all, though, lovely pack. Good work!

Reactions:
These look great.

Will we ever be able to choose to use these models in our Custom Nations?

Reactions:
Brandenburg has units. It's only Prussia who's lacking.
ok to whomever disagreed, Brandenburg have gotten units in evangelical majors. Not sure if they have all but they have more than Prussia who have nothing.

These unit models look very nice, very impressed. It is indeed a strange choice to only have 1 and 3... especially since I do believe that a couple of these princes don't have tiers 2s (Bruinswick/Hannover), and that there are no tier 4s (Napoleonic Sprite Pack later down the line, maybe?). This is especially annoying considering the tier 4s for the Western tech group are one of the uglier sprites in the game with those flat noses and murderous side burns.

African nations look fantastic. I love them completely!

Any news on Evangelical Majors? They have been ready for almost a year now and it seems borderline criminal to not have Prussian models for the Prussian patch, not to mention that there are screenshots containing the Prussian sprites on the RoM store page on steam. I wouldn't mind seeing the Swedes and French get finished up as well.

All in all, though, lovely pack. Good work!
From what i can see evangelic majors must have come out as some point because I have them in my steam library.

Reactions:
ok to whomever disagreed, Brandenburg have gotten units in evangelical majors. Not sure if they have all but they have more than Prussia who have nothing.
Brandenburg only have a Tier 2 model IIRC.
Plus, it's safe to say that the models from the Evangelical Majors pack will go to both Brandenburg and Prussia.

Reactions:
Brandenburg only has Tier 2. However, if you count the Evangelical majors pack, Brandenburg and Prussia both get units, so this comment is moot.

From what i can see evangelic majors must have come out as some point because I have them in my steam library.
It's Catholic majors, they misnamed it. It gives Spain, Austria, and Poland.

Reactions: