EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1.30.6 | no mods | Terrain in Uncolonized

Does this option no longer works? I like the uncolonized world or wasteland not to be painted. I tried "Terrain in Uncolonized" Yes and No, but it doesn't change anything. I started a new game eveytime I changed the option.
For me the option still works. If I set it to "No", uncolonized provinces and uncolored wastelands turn grey(if you want all wastelands to be grey, you must disable "color owned wastelands"). Are you maybe using mods? They could change how uncolonized provinces look like.

Reactions:
For me the option still works. If I set it to "No", uncolonized provinces and uncolored wastelands turn grey(if you want all wastelands to be grey, you must disable "color owned wastelands"). Are you maybe using mods? They could change how uncolonized provinces look like.

Yes, it was the "color owned wastelands" option. It's in another menu! Thanks.

Something strange just happened in my game. I'm Brandenburg, allied with Saxony and fighting in their war against Thuringia, who are allied with Anhalt and Munich. We also have Hesse and Munster on our side, so it's a pretty straightforward war until Bohemia suddenly joins Thuringia. They're not allied to Thuringia, and they're not the Emperor. They are allied to Anhalt, but Anhalt is not a co-belligerent, so I simply don't understand how they can become involved. The pop-up said they were honouring their alliance with someone... presumably Anhalt. Any ideas?

Something strange just happened in my game. I'm Brandenburg, allied with Saxony and fighting in their war against Thuringia, who are allied with Anhalt and Munich. We also have Hesse and Munster on our side, so it's a pretty straightforward war until Bohemia suddenly joins Thuringia. They're not allied to Thuringia, and they're not the Emperor. They are allied to Anhalt, but Anhalt is not a co-belligerent, so I simply don't understand how they can become involved. The pop-up said they were honouring their alliance with someone... presumably Anhalt. Any ideas?
could be they enforced peace on Saxony and Saxony refused? the tooltip is unhelpful to the point of bug if that's the case, but that wouldn't be much of a surprise.

could be they enforced peace on Saxony and Saxony refused? the tooltip is unhelpful to the point of bug if that's the case, but that wouldn't be much of a surprise.
It's an idea at least. It's so unusual that I'm not even that concerned about it happening again, but I haven't played inside the HRE for a while, so was wondering if I'd missed a change in the diplomatic framework.

I managed to get a white peace with Thuringia, so no damage to me, but my ally (arguably my useful ally) is currently getting trashed.

Can someone explain to me when rebel armies can 'teleport' to different provinces?

I want to make Muslim Portugal by triggering rebels in Ceuta.
I am just wondering if they will be able to teleport to my other provinces.

They probably won't. For rebels to teleport they have to not be blockaded, but since they are hostile to everyone Ceuta is an impossible place for them to teleport out of, with all the nearby nations protecting trade or pirating or doing other ship shenanigans.

I just downloaded EU IV again/anew and no ironman is possible, as checksum is 2296 imstead of 157c. Any ideas?
There are at least four reasons, why the checksum could be different:
  1. One of the files in the eu4 installation got corrupted/was changed
  2. There are additional files in the eu4 installation folder
  3. There are additional files in the eu4 folder in Documents(these can override game files like a mod)
  4. a mod is active for some reason(sometimes the launcher automatically activates mods to which you have subscribed)
A few things that you could try if you haven't tried them already:
  • delete the files events/SpreadOfCalvinism.txt and events/SpreadOfProtestantism.txt and common/units/iroquis_rifle_scout.txt(not iroquois_rifle_scout.txt) from your game installation if they exist (the first two should not exist anymore in 1.30 or newer and the third one should not exist in 1.31.5 or newer, but sometimes steam doesn't delete them)
  • verify the integrity of game files in steam
  • clearing the download cache in steam and verify the integrity of game files afterwards
  • remove all mods and unsubscribe from them in steam. Remove also mods which should be compatibly with achievements. Also remove custom mods that you didn't install via steam. (You can move them to a completely different folder if you don't want to delete them). If this fixes your problem, you can activate achievement-compatible-mods again one by one to see which one is causing the issue.
  • move the folder "Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV" from your Documents folder to some other place. You could also delete it, but then you lose all save games and screenshots which are stored there.
  • Do a clean reinstall as described in my guide on reddit about common startup problems with version 1.29
  • A few people have reported that uninstalling eu4 and uninstalling steam helped(but I don't think that this does anything more than the previous options)
Does any of this help?

There are at least four reasons, why the checksum could be different:
  1. One of the files in the eu4 installation got corrupted/was changed
  2. There are additional files in the eu4 installation folder
  3. There are additional files in the eu4 folder in Documents(these can override game files like a mod)
  4. a mod is active for some reason(sometimes the launcher automatically activates mods to which you have subscribed)
A few things that you could try if you haven't tried them already:
  • delete the files events/SpreadOfCalvinism.txt and events/SpreadOfProtestantism.txt and common/units/iroquis_rifle_scout.txt(not iroquois_rifle_scout.txt) from your game installation if they exist (the first two should not exist anymore in 1.30 or newer and the third one should not exist in 1.31.5 or newer, but sometimes steam doesn't delete them)
  • verify the integrity of game files in steam
  • clearing the download cache in steam and verify the integrity of game files afterwards
  • remove all mods and unsubscribe from them in steam. Remove also mods which should be compatibly with achievements. Also remove custom mods that you didn't install via steam. (You can move them to a completely different folder if you don't want to delete them). If this fixes your problem, you can activate achievement-compatible-mods again one by one to see which one is causing the issue.
  • move the folder "Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV" from your Documents folder to some other place. You could also delete it, but then you lose all save games and screenshots which are stored there.
  • Do a clean reinstall as described in my guide on reddit about common startup problems with version 1.29
  • A few people have reported that uninstalling eu4 and uninstalling steam helped(but I don't think that this does anything more than the previous options)
Does any of this help?
Deleting(even in Documents except the savefiles)/Deinstalling, closing Steam and uninstalling Launcher and then reinstalling EU IV helped. Thank you.

Last edited:
Is there a "track/hunt army" button? I mean I don't see one but for a game as old as EU4 I'm thinking there must be.

I'd like to have my army (red) track the enemy (yellow) until I either can't continue due to access or combat occurs. It's a war in Persia and bouncing back & forth to the Balkans is a pain.

Attachments

• Track.png
    Track.png
    17,1 MB · Views: 0
Is there a "track/hunt army" button? I mean I don't see one but for a game as old as EU4 I'm thinking there must be.

I'd like to have my army (red) track the enemy (yellow) until I either can't continue due to access or combat occurs. It's a war in Persia and bouncing back & forth to the Balkans is a pain.
Nope.

Reactions:
I'm not sure I understand the Wiki in regards to distance and AE. It states:
  • distance is the ingame distance between the conquered province and the nearest province of the target country. This value is rounded down to the nearest multiple of 100 and capped at 400.
If I take provinces from Kilwa in a separate peace deal without checking the box that allows them to call allies I'll take an egregious amount of AE. But as I won't be back to the area for quite some time, I'm thinking who cares. The problem is the singular Castille province. Will they get the supersized AE allotment?
AE.png

• distance is the ingame distance between the conquered province and the nearest province of the target country. This value is rounded down to the nearest multiple of 100 and capped at 400.
If I take provinces from Kilwa in a separate peace deal without checking the box that allows them to call allies I'll take an egregious amount of AE. But as I won't be back to the area for quite some time, I'm thinking who cares. The problem is the singular Castille province. Will they get the supersized AE allotment?
View attachment 771207
castille is in an other religious group, i dont think he will care. to make sure you could save, look at the peace deal and reload if he does.

Reactions:
The wiki is outdated in that regard, because the formula was changed in 1.31. But I don't know how it was changed exactly. What I can say is that the AE for countries right next to the taken provinces has not changed and the AE for countries which are not next to the target gets reduced by their actual distance in some way and not distance rounded to the next 100 like before.
The problem is the singular Castille province. Will they get the supersized AE allotment?
They get reduced AE from having a different religion, but they will still get AE. For a province right next to them it will probably be something like
Code:
dev*0.75*(1-AEimpact)*(1-adminEfficiency)*1.5*0.5
AEimpact are your countrywide AE impact modifiers(e.g. 7.1% from 71 prestige).That formula is if you take the provinces in a separate peace deal. If you take the provinces in the main peace deal, the AE gets multiplied by 0.75 from the AE reduction from the imperialism CB.

Reactions:
I took out some 5 year loans to fight a war on 28 October, 1457 and promptly forgot about them expecting them to be called in 5 years. It is now 1 January, 1465 and they have not been called yet. What am I missing?

Screenshot.jpg

I took out some 5 year loans to fight a war on 28 October, 1457 and promptly forgot about them expecting them to be called in 5 years. It is now 1 January, 1465 and they have not been called yet. What am I missing?
Did you maybe reload the game while the repay message was open? The loans can get bugged in that case. The 1.32 patchnotes mention that the bug will be fixed:
- Reloading game with pending loan payment will no longer break repayment.

I dont think this question is thread worthy but: Did devs show full list of new monuments that comes with Origins? I know they showed 4-5 with post about them, but did I miss the full list?

The wiki is outdated in that regard, because the formula was changed in 1.31. But I don't know how it was changed exactly. What I can say is that the AE for countries right next to the taken provinces has not changed and the AE for countries which are not next to the target gets reduced by their actual distance in some way and not distance rounded to the next 100 like before.

They get reduced AE from having a different religion, but they will still get AE. For a province right next to them it will probably be something like
Code:
dev*0.75*(1-AEimpact)*(1-adminEfficiency)*1.5*0.5
AEimpact are your countrywide AE impact modifiers(e.g. 7.1% from 71 prestige).That formula is if you take the provinces in a separate peace deal. If you take the provinces in the main peace deal, the AE gets multiplied by 0.75 from the AE reduction from the imperialism CB.
It sounds like it's based on the nearest province and not distance to the capital. I was hoping for some mechanic relative to the capital or sphere of influence thing I had missed or misunderstood. So Castille will become as mad about me taking their African territories as they would if I had taken land in Iberia proper (ignoring religion modifiers)?