EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm in a contest of "parallel game" with a friend. If I savescum once, even for good reasons, I will be tempted to do it more :D
I started my game at 0% crown land (after estates actions) but I'd like to increase it, so I was wondering if the rebels would be an issue or not
Thanks for your help
If your army is close to forcelimit and you have a lot of manpower, then you'll be able to defeat the rebels without any problems.

The worst-case scenario is if the rebels spawn in a province that's not protected by the fort and that's far away from your existing armies. In this case, they will siege down the province really quickly and increase its autonomy. To mitigate this possibility, spread your armies out so that you can rapidly respond to whichever province the rebels spawn in.

Reactions:
Is this a known bug?

I have a 9k mercenary army. I create a 4k regular army that I "attach" to the mercenary one. I select the army/armies and point on another shore. A pop up asks me if I want to use a fleet (more than 13 transport) to move the armies, I say "yes". Boats move, the mercenary army appears at destination but the regular army has vanished during the journey...
It happened to me twice so I did not dream it. Very annoying (and costly in ducats and manpower)

Is this a known bug?

I have a 9k mercenary army. I create a 4k regular army that I "attach" to the mercenary one. I select the army/armies and point on another shore. A pop up asks me if I want to use a fleet (more than 13 transport) to move the armies, I say "yes". Boats move, the mercenary army appears at destination but the regular army has vanished during the journey...
It happened to me twice so I did not dream it. Very annoying (and costly in ducats and manpower)
I think there are multiple bugreports about this. To be save you have to unattach the armies from each other before you move them with ships. If you don't use automatic transportation, you can still move them at the same time if you have enough ships and move them separately into the ships(or attach both armies to the ships).

Reactions:
Bohemia is a junior partner in a personal union with Poland. I am allied to Poland. For the purpose of dismantling the HRE, does this qualify as me being allied to Bohemia?
In the current version it counts. But I think this was different in version 1.29. IIRC it was changed in one of the 1.30 patches

It's more for eu4 youtuber but what's with the subscribe chart?

Used to watch many of their content but then they start shoving me the subscirbe chart and i don't watch them anymore
For most of the annoying things youtubers do, the reason they do them is because they work. (On a large scale, across tens or hundreds of thousands of viewers.)

I don't know about subscriber charts specifically, but the example I am familiar with is that simply asking viewers to subscribe has a large impact on the number of people who hit the button (compared with saying nothing). It also pads the length of the video, increasing watch time and therefore increasing their income.

I assume that showing sub charts, having sub goals, etc has a similar effect. (Or, at least, they think it does.)

Bohemia is a junior partner in a personal union with Poland. I am allied to Poland. For the purpose of dismantling the HRE, does this qualify as me being allied to Bohemia?
Well, it seems the game is as uncertain about this as I am...

eu4_31.png

No reason listed why I shouldn't be able to do it, and yet the button is greyed out.

Reactions:
Well, it seems the game is as uncertain about this as I am...

No reason listed why I shouldn't be able to do it, and yet the button is greyed out.
I tried to dismantle when allied to the senior partner of an elector and it worked for me. Does it help if you restart the game and disable all mods? Maybe an achievement compatible mod is missing the message which tells you why you can't dismantle. If that doesn't help, can you attach your save game? Maybe I can figure out why it doesn't work in your case

I tried to dismantle when allied to the senior partner of an elector and it worked for me. Does it help if you restart the game and disable all mods? Maybe an achievement compatible mod is missing the message which tells you why you can't dismantle. If that doesn't help, can you attach your save game? Maybe I can figure out why it doesn't work in your case
Not using any mods, don't even have any.

I did bring Poland - and therefore Bohemia - in as an ally in the war, maybe that was the problem. I can retry it without them, I guess.

I did bring Poland - and therefore Bohemia - in as an ally in the war, maybe that was the problem. I can retry it without them, I guess.
I didn't test that situation,so that could be the problem. But there could be other explanations. Was Bohemia's capital maybe occupied? You can't dismantle if the capital of any elector is occupied by a country which is not you, so the capitals of all electors which are allied to you(or you are the overlord's ally) must be unoccupied.

I didn't test that situation,so that could be the problem. But there could be other explanations. Was Bohemia's capital maybe occupied? You can't dismantle if the capital of any elector is occupied by a country which is not you, so the capitals of all electors which are allied to you(or you are the overlord's ally) must be unoccupied.
Duh! You're right, of course, Praha was occupied. I should've thought of that, but I was so fixated on nothing showing up in the tooltip... Oh well, it's officially dismantled now, so thanks for the help!

For most of the annoying things youtubers do, the reason they do them is because they work. (On a large scale, across tens or hundreds of thousands of viewers.)

I don't know about subscriber charts specifically, but the example I am familiar with is that simply asking viewers to subscribe has a large impact on the number of people who hit the button (compared with saying nothing). It also pads the length of the video, increasing watch time and therefore increasing their income.

I assume that showing sub charts, having sub goals, etc has a similar effect. (Or, at least, they think it does.)
Subscribe chart basiclly just show the percentage of how many viewer who actually subscribe.

It's seems to be an exclusive eu4 youtuber thing because i never saw it in any other youtuber at least as far as my algorithm concern.

Mostly i never mind about people asking me to subscribe but that subscribe chart just ticks me at the wrong way.

Is there a strick to making 'Enforce Peace' or 'Send Warning' actually work ?

I'm playing an HRE game as Austria, no2 world power, 80k men sitting around idle. I'm trying to use 'Send Warning' to minimise HRE wars (has no effect, so I'm drawn into endless slogs between OPMs.

I try to use 'Enforce Peace', and again ignored - into a war that I win once the RNG siege goblins let me capture their twons.

Is there a trick to using htese tools ?

Is there a strick to making 'Enforce Peace' or 'Send Warning' actually work ?

I'm playing an HRE game as Austria, no2 world power, 80k men sitting around idle. I'm trying to use 'Send Warning' to minimise HRE wars (has no effect, so I'm drawn into endless slogs between OPMs.

I try to use 'Enforce Peace', and again ignored - into a war that I win once the RNG siege goblins let me capture their twons.

Is there a trick to using htese tools ?
If they're letting you get involved in those wars, then they are working. For enforce peace, it shows you the reasons for the AI's acceptance when you can take the action; if there doesn't seem to be much more you can do to change that, then there probably isn't.

If a nation you've warned still starts a war, then I'm guessing either they think they can take you (which might affected by their ruler's personality) or they think you won't accept the call-to-arms, since, I'm fairly sure, the AI assumes you'll behave like an AI would in your situation.

Reactions:
If they're letting you get involved in those wars, then they are working. For enforce peace, it shows you the reasons for the AI's acceptance when you can take the action; if there doesn't seem to be much more you can do to change that, then there probably isn't.

If a nation you've warned still starts a war, then I'm guessing either they think they can take you (which might affected by their ruler's personality) or they think you won't accept the call-to-arms, since, I'm fairly sure, the AI assumes you'll behave like an AI would in your situation.

Thanks. I think that last point is what's going on - I'm far bigger (6k vs 80k in men, for example) than the countries I'm warning / enforcing on; I always beat them as a result - HOWEVER, I've just finished a boring slugfest with the Ottomans (see my Serbia thread) - which means I have <5k manpower. I wonder if the AI is thinking "I'd keep out, and this human would too".

I suppose an interesting mod would be altering that to make it so military power is much more important than random relationship metrics.

Thanks again !

1.30.6 | no mods | Terrain in Uncolonized

Does this option no longer works? I like the uncolonized world or wasteland not to be painted. I tried "Terrain in Uncolonized" Yes and No, but it doesn't change anything. I started a new game eveytime I changed the option.