EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OE (Overextension) and CC (Coring Costs) are based on dev multiplied by various multipliers. The most common issues driving CC are WE (War Exhaustion) since it increases your CC by WE*3 as well as governing power.

I recommend next time you core something to hover over the button to read all the multipliers and look for the ones you can affect.

I recommend doing that for a lot of buttons in general, just to get an actual understanding of what the modifiers do.

Bad events only come if your overextension is over 100%. Do not do that unless you know what you are doing.

Imperialism CB is fine since you don't get unjustified demands on war leader provinces, which saves you dip points.
The point behind vassal feeding is to space out your mana consumption. Instead of only trading admin points for provinces you are now trading adm+dip for provinces.

Another great tip to save admin is to stop statifying everything. Way too many players are doing that. Trade Company (TC) Lands should get TC'd. Personally I also convert them before they turn into a TC.

The dip rep malus on integrations is entirely irrelevant.

Well the TC company stuff i was doing regardless. Picked religious ideas because it was a bit thematical with spain and just spending the papal influence on lots of good things.

Ill check the buttons more next time. It just seems some stuff is crazy expensive. Like for example, i was fighting acrush the revolution war, and if i took a OPM, it would have costed me 50admin + 21% warscore. Forjust a mountain province.

Well the TC company stuff i was doing regardless. Picked religious ideas because it was a bit thematical with spain and just spending the papal influence on lots of good things.

It's probably a bit late for your current run, but this is why admin ideas are good for aspiring conquerors: coring cost reduction, gov cap increase, and the admin-influence policy for easier vassal integration.

Ill check the buttons more next time. It just seems some stuff is crazy expensive. Like for example, i was fighting acrush the revolution war, and if i took a OPM, it would have costed me 50admin + 21% warscore. Forjust a mountain province.

When the AI gets close to its mana cap, it will spend it on development. An OPM AI only has one possible province to develop. So, yeah, that mountaintop was probably a bustling metropolis with a million citizens!

It's 1502 and the burgundian succession hasn't happened yet, the king is Charles I (the heir of the starting king), he is very old and has a weak legitimacy heir. I married him (I'm playing Provence), is there still a chance for me to get the free PU or is it too late (I thought it's done by 1550 or 1500 or end of the first era) ?

It's 1502 and the burgundian succession hasn't happened yet, the king is Charles I (the heir of the starting king), he is very old and has a weak legitimacy heir. I married him (I'm playing Provence), is there still a chance for me to get the free PU or is it too late (I thought it's done by 1550 or 1500 or end of the first era) ?
There is no time limit anymore. It will happen if the conditions are fulfilled when Charles dies(but it really has to be the Charles which was the starting heir and not some other Charles which might have replaced him).

Reactions:
There is no time limit anymore. It will happen if the conditions are fulfilled when Charles dies(but it really has to be the Charles which was the starting heir and not some other Charles which might have replaced him).
That is good news. I didn't bother to look it up in the wiki, and in my game it's 1506 already, Charles is 72 without an heir for the whole game, and I already kinda gave up on the inheritance and was thinking about naturally PUing him because the tooltip says my dynasty will spread to him.

Why can't I access the Mandate cb?
20220203123706_1.jpg

- Ming is the Emperor
- I do not have a truce with them
- They are not at war

What am I missing?

Why can't I access the Mandate cb?
Do you have a religion in the eastern or pagan group?
Are you independent and not a tributary of somebody?
Are you sure that you don't have a truce with them? Your screenhot only shows that they don't have a truce with you and that is not the same. You have to look at your diplomacy interface to see your truces..

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hard to say. Is that the beta patch?
no
Month tick.
done
Religion.
I am Hindu.
Are you sure Shun didnt take it?
20220203130332_1.jpg

Do you have a religion in the eastern or pagan group?
Yes, Hindu
Are you independent and not a tributary of somebody?
I am independent.
Are you sure that you don't have a truce with them? Your screenhot only shows that they don't have a truce with you and that is not the same. You have to look at your diplomacy interface to see your truces..
I can declare on them without trucebreaking.
20220203130422_1.jpg

Thanks for the input by the way :) Sadly the solution wasn't among the ideas so far :(

Well, it was.
Hindu is not eastern religion. Its Dharmic, together with Sikh.
omg :oops: thanks

I had the cb earlier so I thought it's eastern, but I flipped out of Theravada.

Mea culpa, thanks a lot!

Hello guys. Quick question about why the polish dynasty would follow in Austria instead of mine despite i got more Prestige. Is it the gouvernment rank ?
I think prestige only matters if you want to claim a throne. According to Atwix's guide the royal marriage partner with the highest effective development(AKA autonomy adjusted development) spreads their dynasty.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hello
I play Incas, my capital city is in Lima and I conquered in Central America (so not the same subcontinent or super region) but I cannot create a Trade Company (I have the DLC for that). Is it only in "old world" as I fear?

Hello
I play Incas, my capital city is in Lima and I conquered in Central America (so not the same subcontinent or super region) but I cannot create a Trade Company (I have the DLC for that). Is it only in "old world" as I fear?
You can only create trade companies in trade company regions. Africa, Asia, Europe and parts of Oceania are trade company regions. There is a map mode which shows them

Reactions:
Let's say I really want this desert province in my vassal/march. I can't take it because it's the capital. Is there a way, other than losing (with 100% warscore) and reconquering for myself ? I thought that by getting the other cores with more dev they would eventually move it but no luck.

eu4_2.png

Let's say I really want this desert province in my vassal/march. I can't take it because it's the capital. Is there a way, other than losing (with 100% warscore) and reconquering for myself ? I thought that by getting the other cores with more dev they would eventually move it but no luck.
Well, it's a Mamluk core, so the Mamluks would probably take it back for much less than 100% warscore. Perhaps in 50 years' time, after you've significantly reduced the Mamluks, you could call them in as a secondary participant, beat them, and offer it to them for peace?

Reactions:
I'm playing as Transoxiana, trying to get independance from Timurids. Timurids go to war with a Lakhsa, and a month later the king dies, which allows me to ally all the others vassals (except Afghanistan). When I go to declare war, I see my fellow vassals ready to join, but once I do declare war, they all break alliance and have a truce with Timurids. wth ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm playing as Transoxiana, trying to get independance from Timurids. Timurids go to war with a Lakhsa, and a month later the king dies, which allows me to ally all the others vassals (except Afghanistan). When I go to declare war, I see my fellow vassals ready to join, but once I do declare war, they all break alliance and have a truce with Timurids. wth ?
If Timurids are currently at war your allies will not join you since they'd be joining conflicting sides of the war.

Reactions: