• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
242256933_10220953368963751_8231118008073494767_n.jpg

wiz021616dc.jpg

Last edited:
  • 13Haha
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I'm an educator, and when ever I get to Italian Unification this is a connection that I use for my students because at least 10% know of the doge meme.

• 2Like
Reactions:
No. Just no. The main reason for the flag is orientation on a battlefield, that is dense with screams, weaponsfire and especially smoke. You may get lost in the troop movements and maneuvers, if it wasnt for that bright banner signaling you where your friends are. After a few volleys you wouldnt be able to see much anymore thanks to the black powder weapons. As for the drummer he is good for passing on commands from the officers, rally the troops or help them stay in marching formation by drumming a beat while moving.

Reactions:
No. Just no. The main reason for the flag is orientation on a battlefield, that is dense with screams, weaponsfire and especially smoke. You may get lost in the troop movements and maneuvers, if it wasnt for that bright banner signaling you where your friends are. After a few volleys you wouldnt be able to see much anymore thanks to the black powder weapons. As for the drummer he is good for passing on commands from the officers, rally the troops or help them stay in marching formation by drumming a beat while moving.
Drummer is not just good, he is necessary. That was primary duty, to give signals and relay orders.

@TheRomanRuler @Nawolith nah. Look on joke by other side. Here drummer and standard-bearer have "weak feeling" because they think, that they cannot be hero during battle - therefore they are cheems. This is based more on common sense, than on historical knowledge ;)