• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The new patch has broken all my saves that used random new world. I don't use mods. I use Ironman.
The game gets to something about trade in the loading screen and then crashes to desktop.

Any chance you could make 1.10 available again? Or fix this? I had a really fun game as France going.

The new patch has broken all my saves that used random new world. I don't use mods. I use Ironman.
The game gets to something about trade in the loading screen and then crashes to desktop.

Any chance you could make 1.10 available again? Or fix this? I had a really fun game as France going.

Me and my friend are having the exact same issue. We aren't using ironman. We have tried several saves, but they all don't work anymore. Same characteristics, random new world and all that.

You can't expect this patch to be properly tested. Getting it out today is way more important!

# Isabella of Aragon (1451 – 1504)
country_event = {
id = women_history_events.11
title = women_history_events.11.t
desc = women_history_events.11.d
picture = wihgfx_FEMALE_RULER_eventPicture

trigger = {
OR = {
tag = ARA
tag = CAS
}
is_year = 1450
NOT = {
is_year = 1504
}
is_female = no
has_female_heir = no
is_lesser_in_union = no
NOT = {
has_global_flag = wih_isabella_aragon_flag
}
}

mean_time_to_happen = {
months = 500
}

immediate = {
hidden_effect = {
set_global_flag = wih_isabella_aragon_flag
}
}

option = {
name = women_history_events.11.a
define_ruler = {
name = "Isabel"
dynasty = "de Trastamara"
#claim = 95
adm = 5
dip = 6
mil = 3
female = yes

Indirect massive buff for Castile?

# Isabella of Aragon (1451 – 1504)
country_event = {
id = women_history_events.11
title = women_history_events.11.t
desc = women_history_events.11.d
picture = wihgfx_FEMALE_RULER_eventPicture

trigger = {
OR = {
tag = ARA
tag = CAS
}
is_year = 1450
NOT = {
is_year = 1504
}
is_female = no
has_female_heir = no
is_lesser_in_union = no
NOT = {
has_global_flag = wih_isabella_aragon_flag
}
}

mean_time_to_happen = {
months = 500
}

immediate = {
hidden_effect = {
set_global_flag = wih_isabella_aragon_flag
}
}

option = {
name = women_history_events.11.a
define_ruler = {
name = "Isabel"
dynasty = "de Trastamara"
#claim = 95
adm = 5
dip = 6
mil = 3
female = yes

Indirect massive buff for Castile?

So, are these events in game and working or do we have to wait for the DLC to show up on steam?

I was playing a CK2 exported game on EU4 1.10.x
EU4 has suddenly updated itself to 1.11.
It is not possible anymore to say to Steam "I don't want my game to be updated".
There is no "1.10.x" version on the beta tab.
EU4 crashed when I try to load my savegame (with the option "display obsolete saves" ticked)

So I can no longer play my fabulous CK2 exported game anymore !
What could I do ?

Use steam in offline mode 95% of time, and do not upload new version until at least one more patch arrives

How do I set the supported version manually? Non of my installed mods currently work. All from Steam Workshop.
You go into the .mod files with Notepad++ and change:
Code:
[/FONT]supported_version="1.10.1"[FONT=georgia]
into
Code:
[/FONT]supported_version="1.11"[FONT=georgia]

All my save games now cause a CTD after this patch downloaded. I'm absolutely gutted about that to be honest. Any suggestions? I don't use any mods, but do have WoN, Res Pub and CoP. If someone could let me know how to roll this update back to 1.10.1 i'd be eternally grateful.

EDIT: Actually, it seems I cannot start a new game either if using Random New World since this patch downloaded...

Last edited:
Wiz, the issue isn't whether or not it's "needed." The issue is why take it away from people who want to do it? It's especially annoying if you are playing with random new world, where one of the fun things to do is to make a guess as to where to go next.

I understand the idea of ending the use of it in, say MP games with a standard map. Otherwise, you're removing some of the fun of the game without offering a reason why it must be done.

Agreed.

Constant changes to game mechanics is what drove me off WoW after almost 8 years (and most online games for that matter).

Add and rework whatever you want but give me the option to upgrade or not as I see fit.

And please don't tell me to go and play an older version and suffer the bugs that have been fixed by recent patches.

All my save games now cause a CTD after this patch downloaded. I'm absolutely gutted about that to be honest. Any suggestions? I don't use any mods, but do have WoN, Res Pub and CoP. If someone could let me know how to roll this update back to 1.10.1 i'd be eternally grateful.

EDIT: Actually, it seems I cannot start a new game either if using Random New World since this patch downloaded...

Same for me. This is very upsetting because I started a game this morning in 1.10 with RNW and came back several hours later to play more and it has CTD 3 times in a row while loading.