• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
- Situations where a vassal could become vassal of another vassal have been prohibited by instead giving new vassal to old vassal's overlord.
Does this fix the problem people were having in Central America were vassals were becoming vassals vassal?

Hopefully they've removed the adjacency requirement or its even less obvious. But yes, I agree that it needed an overhaul.
Looting was fine in my opinion, if your enemy is camping in the mountains it makes sense to raid his farmlands and enjoy raping and plundering the peasants that did not make it to the castle in time.
This new system just makes combat even less dynamic and makes camping in your home mountains even more profitable :/

I posted this in the bug reports forum but it appears to have been missed. The Manchu Army Reforms event still requires you to own the spice island of Ternate (province 649), which is obviously not WAD and was supposed to be fixed in 1.10.

Automatic naval exploration now explores much larger areas at a time (based on trade nodes) and displays a message when a mission completes. Manual exploration has been re-disabled with this rework.
May one ask why you've (once again) disabled this? :glare:

Looting was fine in my opinion, if your enemy is camping in the mountains it makes sense to raid his farmlands and enjoy raping and plundering the peasants that did not make it to the castle in time.
This new system just makes combat even less dynamic and makes camping in your home mountains even more profitable :/

I'll wait to see the full changes in practice before judging whether they are an improvement, but it's definitely not "fine" currently.

There's no way to know why you can loot certain provinces but not others, unless you read the wiki or something. Hell, you won't necessarily know about the whole feature, since moving into a deep enemy province that doesn't have an army isn't something you'd normally do if you weren't looting.

It's also an enormous micromanagement waste of time. You need to click one province at a time and look at provinces to know when they can be looted again. Not something you can do while actually waging a war, at least without pausing. Also, why can't you loot a province where you fought a battle without moving away first?

I am pretty sure that their idea is that they want to buff Spy Offense and Spy defense. You will want these to prevent others from spying you or not to get caught. They said something like this in video stream, where it was mentioned that they will introduce this 5 year restriction.

Im just waiting this improvement for spy offence /defense, I would love to use the esponnage idea group. If paradox improve it in the future then I totally agree.

And thanks Wiz for the fix of UPCA, its fantastic, now I can play as Mayans :D

We feel the new system is now good enough that manual exploration isn't needed.

Wiz oh mighty project lead of EU4, please hear me - what changes are exactly to the looting system? Is it that the amount of cash looted is as before and only per capturing? Or is there at least more ducats looted in case of succesful siege? Because let's be honest it's yet another nerf to the hordes...

Wiz, the issue isn't whether or not it's "needed." The issue is why take it away from people who want to do it? It's especially annoying if you are playing with random new world, where one of the fun things to do is to make a guess as to where to go next.

I understand the idea of ending the use of it in, say MP games with a standard map. Otherwise, you're removing some of the fun of the game without offering a reason why it must be done.

May one ask why you've (once again) disabled this? :glare:

Is it possible to revert back to 1.10 if (after trying it out) I don't agree with you on that?

That's exploitish enough that it seems more like an argument *for* the change. But yeah, cores should maybe give some kind of a discount to annex cost.

If trying to save points you shouldn't have to spend is considered an exploit then I question this game's definition of exploits, honestly.

It's still a pretty iffy code change for functionally no gain, as well, but that's just me speaking. I don't know the code side of it but I can't imagine it'd have been as easy as a one line edit.

I hope this is just a temporary - that you will give us both manual exploration and "trade node region" automatic exploration in the future?

I would actually like to propose keeping this system but making it available to everyone.

By having hard limits in place as to *where* you can explore, it makes less and less sense to have another hard limit that requires you to have a specific idea.

Allow anyone to hire Conquistadors and Explorers. They already get less pips now, anyway.
Allow anyone to explore, within the limits now based on your Colonization Range. Maaaaaaaybe allow Exploration to go just a bit further than Colonization, 10-20% or so.
Though you might want to put a limit on Conquistadors too... A natural limit would be to not have those forces reinforce troops. I mean, how am I capable of sending reinforcements to my small force that's miles deep in the South-American outback anyway?
Change the Exploration idea and call it Colonization instead.
Change Quest for the New World so that you're allowed to have a Conqiustador or Explorer for free, ie. not counting for your Leader cap. Other bonuses are of course possible, but this one feels best.

Wiz oh mighty project lead of EU4, please hear me - what changes are exactly to the looting system? Is it that the amount of cash looted is as before and only per capturing? Or is there at least more ducats looted in case of succesful siege? Because let's be honest it's yet another nerf to the hordes...

You'll get the cash every time you siege a city, but it might be appropriate to increase the amount of cash and/or give hordes their own way to loot in future patches. I'll look into it.

I posted this in the bug reports forum but it appears to have been missed. The Manchu Army Reforms event still requires you to own the spice island of Ternate (province 649), which is obviously not WAD and was supposed to be fixed in 1.10.

It was indeed somehow missed. But will be fixed in the future (not this patch though).

- A spy discovery now sets a 5 year cooldown timer during which you can't send another spy to same nation. This change does not apply to Fabricate Claims.
Interesting. Already a slight buff to the Espionage Idea Group. But have you considered giving nations with the Espionage group a complete exemption from this cooldown? Might go a long way to making that group more attractive, if feasible.

Am I correct in assuming that we can still disable the DLC if we REALLY want to do manual explorations?

Kind of a disappointing set of patch notes. It's looking more and more like the only way you want us to fight wars is brute force my army vs your army. Why? Any good commander in a war would try to find a way to neutralize the enemy's strengths while sacrificing as few of their resources as possible.

Also, why do we constantly try to focus around the military strength of countries? Looting is a benefit to small and weak nations. If you have a lot of money and a big army, there are easier ways to go about fighting a war that requires far less micro. You might miss out on some money, but instead you end the war faster and make gains in that respect. Military access is a benefit to the nation that spent the time to ensure good relations. Except now the evil dictator who cares nothing about anything else gets it for free. People constantly ask for more politics and such in the game, and here we go in the opposite direction. There's no need for any investment but a large military, assuming you can afford it.

Also, did you bother to fix the fact that the mil access gives access to all your enemies but none of your allies? Getting military access currently hurts you more than it helps you thanks to this oversight.