• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for borking all my saved games and giving me random crashes now that I started a new game. I'm just going to go play something else until you geniuses get this sorted out.:mad:

its not random, its random new world :p

which I think is kind of fascinating, one would expect that at least the starting conditions would be thoroughly tested before a patch goes live.

For some reason, 'start a game with random new world' was not on our standard release test list. It has now been appended.

Thanks for the quick fixes and the DLC upgrade.

Really appriciate that women get some more attention in the game.

Furthermore, I consider that the big blue blob must be destroyed.

Which is a lot easier to accomplish now as Castilla since we're almost guaranteed to get Isabel La Catolica and the Ibberian wedding event. I did last night on a save that was already on 1502, and in the middle of a war against the BBB.

I have to admit I'm super excited by all the new additions since El Dorado !

But I wanted to point out to something I noticed since playing EUIV since the very first versions that could be addressed: Paradox decided to make the Slovak people disappear from History :-/ (Although being Slovak myself, I don't feel anyhow patriotic, it is just that I studied History and hence very interesting in how Paradox develops historical interactions in a playable way)
What I mean is that at first, I considered that this omission was due to the small population concerned, or even though it was deliberately designed this way in order not to cause Hungary any patriot revolts. But when the latest patches (1.10) were released, creating eg. Aragonese culture, Leonese culture and many many tiny tribal cultures, I think that this omission seems not founded anymore. One would be wrong to consider that all of the provinces in Slovakia (Pozsony, Szepes, Zemplen) were in majority Hungarian even if the Hungarian population was in the past much higher than in nowadays Slovakia. Historically, these were rural lands, most of the local - slavic - population were either shepherds or woodsmen, since Slovakia is mainly a mountainous area. The lords, either counts, dukes, or clergy, were indeed Hungarian, but although they administered the land (most of the time in good relation with the indigenous population), they didn't "convert" the people into Hungarians (Magyars to be more precise). This attempt only appeared in the late 19th century with the birth of romantic ideals of nationalism which caused the downfall of multicultural empires in Europe; notably the Habsburgs, and Ottomans, but the Hungarian kingdom too knew the same ethnic conflicts due to attempts to convert the local people in Slovakia (called Felvidék by Hungarians), as well as Transylvanians or Slavonians.

In short, I would like Paradox to consider splitting the "Hungarian" culture into separate and more realistic "Magyar" and "Slovak" cultures. The second should be an accepted culture in Hungary to translate the good relations that existed in these times between the two. On a similar note, I would consider either changing the culture from "Hungarian" to "Romanian" in Transylvania provinces, since the situation is fairly similar - local indigenous romanian/wallachian/transylvanian population governed by a Hungarian elite. It is extremely similar to Rhodes (Knights), which had a Greek population with Latin rulers, which Paradox got quite right (although they may not be technically speaking "Maltese" but rather Lombard/Frankish) ...

Hope my suggestions will be considered, as I think you guys already do a great job so far !

Best,
Euradeus

Last edited:
Its starting to get clear from other posts that automated exploration does not work still. change it back. I can't fathom why you keep silent in saying why you removed it other than you fear we wont find you reason consoling and instead get angry over it. I ask you, why you would ignore what seems to be the bulk of your customers negative opinions on the matter, just to prop up a broken feature that does not function. I seriously hope this mystification you guys are running isn't the reason my thread was moved to the hearts of iron page. either change it back or make it modable, it makes the game as of now unplayable, and odds are, no ammount of patches you are going to put out in the next year are going to fix it at this rate.

Has the "League Leader" election bonus long before the Reformation starts been fixed?

We feel the new system is now good enough that manual exploration isn't needed.

It is not good enough. i can't explore the eastern route to Asia - the only option I get is the Circumnavigation. Why the hell should I go for circumnavigation of flat Earth in 1460? All I want is to sail south and east 20 years earlier, to explore static, non-random Asia - but alas, I can't.
Why?

As Nth Republic said,
Why assume that you've really got it perfectly right this time?
It is a game-breaker for me.
Give us an option to enable it on game start, just like the random New World.

Contrary to popular belief flat earth theory wasn't really a thing amongst the learned.

Contrary to popular belief flat earth theory wasn't really a thing amongst the learned.

Not even among the peasants, really - it just wasn't their concern. On the other hand, though, the learned did know that the Earth is more or less 40,000 km in circumference (thanks to Eratosthenes), and as such - with no knowledge of the Americas - the idea of circumnavigating the globe was seen as ridiculous. Columbus had to shuffle around courts a lot because of this - in the end he found the Catholic Kings willing to finance him (mostly drunk in the partying for the end of Granada, I figure, as that had a significant role), he tried, and to the surprise of everyone he actually found something. So yeah, circumnavigation before finding the Americas shouldn't really be a thing.

I'm a king, not a "learned"!!
Btw, they also knew that the circumference of Earth is something about 40 000 kilometers, while Europe and Asia combined are about 10 000 kilometers. Sea route of 30 000 km - no, thanks.

P.S. exactly what WeissRaben said.

Last edited:
I keep playing Central European nations so I've yet to discover the joys of discovery (or lack of as it seems)

Could you please add some flavour to the other pagan religions if you are going to add flavour to religions that aren't eveni n the game at start (ie the ones that are in the customiser?)

Also two things about Nahuatl, surely they should get some events like all the other religions, about missonary strength? (Correct me if I am wrong, They may already but I haven't played aztec for long enough into the game yet - the ones I mean are the +2% missionary strength ones?)
And I don't understand why they should retain the +2 missonary strength for being converted when those religions are reformed. Especially since the model seems to be that they are copying Europeans (you are required to be next to a western core! Either that or please change the conditions for reform!)

I was testing out the new (renewed) no manual exploration as Norway. I had a mission to explore what was effectively the mid-Atlantic, so I took it. After that, I had only circumnavigation of the world, which requires diplo tech 9. I can see Greenland from Iceland, but I can not see the sea-zone, so no colonization for Norway, ever. At least until the rest of the West gets to the new world. Is there a time-line when new missions will pop? It is 1460 and I wanted to get a head start, but no such luck it seems. This latest patch gave with one hand and took with the other. I wanted to try an Ironman as a custom nation to see how my choices in a state made it work or fail, but if even vanilla Norway is a fail (non-Ironman), then I fear for the future of my new pony-lead peoples.

It is a game-breaker for me.
Give us an option to enable it on game start, just like the random New World.

I sadly concur.

Last edited:
I was testing out the new (renewed) no manual exploration as Norway. I had a mission to explore what was effectively the mid-Atlantic, so I took it. After that, I had only circumnavigation of the world, which requires diplo tech 9. I can see Greenland from Iceland, but I can not see the sea-zone, so no colonization for Norway, ever. At least until the rest of the West gets to the new world. Is there a time-line when new missions will pop? It is 1460 and I wanted to get a head start, but no such luck it seems. This latest patch gave with one hand and took with the other. I wanted to try an Ironman as a custom nation to see how my choices in a state made it work or fail, but if even vanilla Norway is a fail (non-Ironman), then I fear for the future of my new pony-lead peoples.

I sadly concur.
Increase your colonial range. Even if you could manually explore the coast of Greenland you still wouldn't have enough range to actually colonize it. By the time you have the range to colonize Greenland you'll have gained the needed range to explore it.

Increase your colonial range. Even if you could manually explore the coast of Greenland you still wouldn't have enough range to actually colonize it. By the time you have the range to colonize Greenland you'll have gained the needed range to explore it.
Okay, you are mostly right. I went ahead and made a western custom nation with Iceland's two provinces and took the extension for colonial range (2). This put Greenland within range at Tech 4 with the third idea for the colonization ideas, but since it goes off trade power for exploration I still needed more techs. Basically, the fastest one can get to the new world now is around 1473.