• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good and useful changes!

Reactions:
It looks at both distance and efficiency of the province.

Does the fleet template now do this as well? For example, if I have ten ports and want to build 25 ships does it work out the most efficient way to build them (which may mean ignoring some ports completely)?

Also, can I move the army to which regiments are being added or will the new regiments only go to the province the army was in when the button was clicked?

Reactions:
Some great looking changes there!
Should make the game much more streamlined.

Request: Are you able to separate the "raise maintenance on war" tickbox into two however (One for armies/navies and one for forts?)

Reactions:
As the name implies, build directly to army/navy is a convenience feature that lets you easily add new regiments to an army or navy directly from the unit interface. Let's say, for example, that your army of 20,000 infantry and 10,000 cannons was badly mauled in the last war and you've consolidated it down to 12,000 infantry and 8,000 cannons. Instead of having to setup a template for the specific amount of troops missing, or recruit and merge each regiment individually, you now simply click the 'build infantry' and 'build artillery' buttons the desired amount of times and the units will automatically build, travel to your army, and merge with it. You can also do this with trade/privateer/pirate hunting fleets, and the new light ships will automatically begin to patrol the same trade node with the same mission as their parent fleet.
Do these units/ships start in the province they're built from and then cross the map to your army, or do they just appear in the army?

If they don't just appear in the army, will they attempt to group up behind zone of control before heading off, or will they all march off piecemeal? Can another player/the AI pick off a stream of single regiments marching lemming-like to their doom, or do these units have a smart enough pathing algorithm to avoid hostile units on their way across the map?

Will the AI use the same behavior to reinforce weakened armies, or will it continue to build new armies away from the front and then march them out (as it seems to now)?

Finally, will these units only build in your provinces, or will they also build in subject provinces (if appropriate)?

Speaking of...
Construct in Subjects, once again, is precisely what it says on the tin: It lets you build armies and navies in your subjects' provinces, quite useful if for instance you want to raise an army in the new world but only have Colonial Nations there. Your subject is not able to cancel these constructions, and when finished, the army or ship will belong to you. You cannot construct units in a subject whose liberty desire is over 50%. Constructing units in your subjects takes slightly longer time than doing so in your own provinces.
Which kinds of subjects can you recruit in? I assume marches, vassals, and CNs are all good for this. Can you in union partners? Protectorates?

Reactions:
Does the fleet template now do this as well? For example, if I have ten ports and want to build 25 ships does it work out the most efficient way to build them (which may mean ignoring some ports completely)?

Related to this, any chance of making the template building for fleets a bit smarter when building in places like the Egyptian Mediterranean coast? Very annoying when a part of the template gets built in the Red Sea with no way of getting to Alexandria.

Reactions:
Nice changes! I am looking forward to this expansion :D

As there are no mapchanges, is there a chance we will be able to use 1.13 savegames in 1.14? (I have a nice mp round going on at the moment)

It says right there in the diary that the new unit will travel to your army.

If I use the current template builder and move an army before all regiments have merged then the remaining regiments simply go to the original rally point and form a new sub-unit. My question was therefore seeking to clarify whether the same basic coding has been used or new coding added so that they will follow the army.

Reactions:
Then your definition of 'interface improvement' differs from ours completely, sorry.
I'd have the same definition, and personnally would think the "automatic build of regiment of army" a convenience improvement that could be free, since it's not in the same league as for example the Diplomatic feedback.
On the other hand, this is just a convenience, not mandatory to improve gameplay, so if I don't want to pay for it, I don't have to.

But anyway, your game, your decision what should be free or not.

Actually, I'd rather have a lot of paying stuff in the DLC, so I have the impression to have more for my money.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Then your definition of 'interface improvement' differs from ours completely, sorry.
That's Understandable, but...Darn, I feel like this is might become the new papal-influence-auto-invest feature.
For the record I do think this is more on the side of minimizing-mouse-clicks then a real game play feature with strategic and tactical implication. and "charging" for it specifically just feels a bit off intuitively.

I'm going to buy the DLC full price on day one anyway, but newcomers might get turned off by this. (if they somehow notice it through sheer silly chance, but it's the principle)

A line have to be drawn somewhere, obviously, and said line can always be claimed as arbitrary. I'm confident that you guys have made the call as best as you guys can. I doubt any of this will detract anything noticeably anyway.

Reactions:
Could we maybe set actual rally points for troops? I know the template KINDA does this but itd be cool if we could set a PROVINCE as a naval or army rally point