• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Isn't showing them the default option?

I think it is now, but was not previously. I registered the game but never bothered checking anything beyond that and on the old forum, the icon never showed up for me, whereas now it does. I still haven't bothered touching it so that's probably how the defaults look.

Building units in colonies would have been better represented by hiring local mercenaries.

Reactions:
Then those other companies suck. Why would they make the fixes for a system of one expansion part of a different expansion? (RNW)

As for Wiz's statement... Wasn't the auto-papal influece spend thing originally proposed as part of a DLC but later moved to a free feature after people complained?
Other companies don't do that.

If their paid DLC is really good it was probably made in original production and then held back on release.

The "new" DLC other companies tend to release is stuff that is easy to make like map packs for shooters.

*So Nostradamus when will they release it?
Nostradamus didn't usually give dates. He predicted a series of events.

He would predict something like this:

When the fat man with a beard and scarlet robes shouts with joy, a new dlc will be given.

Nostradamus didn't usually give dates. He predicted a series of events.

He would predict something like this:

When the fat man with a beard and scarlet robes shouts with joy, a new dlc will be given.
It's clearly a prediction of the end of the world!

Reactions:
you EVER watched dragonball ? the question is enough reason for a group of people riot vs you and hunt you out of town xD
Heard of it but definitely never watched. I would consider post 9000 to be more significant (since Wiz was the AI programmer before he lead the whole project).

you EVER watched dragonball ? the question is enough reason for a group of people riot vs you and hunt you out of town xD

You mean the English dub version.
We can't assume it was dubbed the same way in other languages because that's not what the original Japanese version said.

Back on topic.
I really like the recruitment changes as it bugs me that the moment I cored my 5th province I can't build troops.

Of course!!! The man is the 3rd antichrist and the dlc is the new world order! End of the world indeed. its so obvious!!!
And here I thought that the man with the beard in the robes was Johan.

I love the new actions, although I feel I will hate it when the AI raises LD on my subjects after I force-convert them or something. I have some questions though.

Will the new covert actions be available to everyone from 1444, or do you need to unlock certain Espionnage ideas? If the latter, which ones? If the former, aren't you afraid that this will not make Espionnage that much more interesting? Sure "Efficient spies" it makes spies less likely to get caught but there could be lots of other good places to study tech, especially if you're not western. And that's the only idea in the idea group that is improved by the addition of these covert actions.

Also, currently when a spy is discovered supporting rebels, infiltrating administration, sowing dissent or sabotaging reputation, you are banned from doing any of these to the country for a while (5 years ?), but can still fabricate claims and trade conflicts. Am I right in assuming the two new actions will behave the same? (i.e if you are caught supporting rebels you can't then raise liberty desire, and vice versa).

Building units in colonies would have been better represented by hiring local mercenaries.
And given the abysmal manpower, how about we leave it as it is ? The CNs can recruit armies themselves.
Why devalue the already low value of fleets even further by allowing countries like Baguette to warp troops from Europe to the colonies ?

Reactions:
And given the abysmal manpower, how about we leave it as it is ? The CNs can recruit armies themselves.
Why devalue the already low value of fleets even further by allowing countries like Baguette to warp troops from Europe to the colonies ?

Perhaps having a "take military control" button for the colonies? Just to avoid some lame AI decisions.

Reactions:
Build Directly to Army/Navy:
Will the ship building system prefer the provinces with shipyards to save the money&time or be silly like the templates are?
Will the army building system prefer the fastest time for the regiment to get to the army right now? So the combination of: time to build in a province (accounting for things, that are already in the queue) + time to walk to the army.