• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With the Dynamic Trade Notes, is there any considerations to use this somewhere down the road to tick a checkbox, to regenerate the dynamic trade notes in the whole world? Or to throw money at changing the direction of certain flows so you, in theory, could have Lhasa being the primary end note instead of being a start note with no incoming traffic.

Say we wanted to play as a High American, how would that work? Is that an option or is it AI only?

You can make a custom nation or generate a RNW that has a high american country that you then pick to play.

Reactions:
They apply to Lübeck at least.
I forgot to add in my original post that you shouldn't forget to change the descriptions on Steam just in case [will save trouble in the future].

On a side note, it might prove useful if the cosmetic packs on Steam had the appropriate render pictures [like here] in their 'About This Content' section [besides the usual text].

Reactions:
As a follow-up: How will RNW work in games converted from CK2 that had Sunset Invasion active? Will the Aztecs be guaranteed to exist in the New World?

It will override new world from CK2 conversion.

Reactions:
I saw that Confucianism now has -10% admin tech as bonus. Which finally makes it desirable. But the Defender of the Faith disparity is still a big deal. Are there any changes that address this?

Reactions:
Not convinced from the pics the territory generation is all that much better...
BUT
The fact it is being worked on does make me convinced that this is very good news.

Reactions:
Looks cool, even though I'm not likely to do much with RNW I do appreciate you guys putting the effort in to get it right. Also really looking forward to 1.14 and Cossacks! :D

have you considered adding tiles that are sort of reference tiles, like say westeros, or valinor. I mean I get that there are trademarks to consider but it'd be fun to get to find stuff that looks curiously familiar.

Reactions:
I am pretty sure there will be mods for this very soon.
Probably but mods aren't the same as including something in the vanilla game.

That 2nd picture down is epic, also dynamic trade nodes are cool. I want custom trade nodes one day... Yet another thing for diplo tech 23.

How will colonial nations be adressed? Will they just follow regions and areas, or trade nodes? Also, how about colonial formables?

RNW always spawning at least one tile marked as a continent, so that there's always a larger landmass to colonize.
A shame it isn't possible to just have a huge ocean anymore; at least it is modable.
You'll know them when you see them.
Are the tiles saved as pictures in the files? (Yes I am impatient and instead of generating RNWs again and again it would be easier to just go to the files.

Also can you reveal who Secret Denmark are? Is it Vinland? Also is there a list in the files over fantasy countries?
I'm pretty sure they confirmed Secret Denmark on the stream last week. So they might be bears in disguise....
Or Vinland.