• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cow, this sound amazing.

Please please, if you gotta fight for an "ambition" feature, make it be so the natives might, occasionally, be even more (or similarly) advanced than Europe. That would make absolutely fantastic games with 2 worlds clashing but neither world necessarily having the upper hand (much like muslims/Christians in ck2). That sounds fantastic.

Bonus points if you can have a native-only idea group that allows them to colonize Europe if they ever get the extra-tech chance.

Thanks for doing this wiz. On an unrelated note, do you plan to sell Wiz-themed lovepillows any time soon? Asking for a friend.

Reactions:
Looks great! I hope that the province count in general is increased over the current version though, this is one of the things that stopped me using random new worlds lately. It just felt tame compared to the more competitive, smaller provinces of the "real America" we enjoy at the moment, where more powers are able to get in on the colonial game.

Yes, this is one thing we are addressing for sure (as you should be able to see in the screenshots, the provinces are quite small).

Reactions:

Please please, if you gotta fight for an "ambition" feature, make it be so the natives might, occasionally, be even more (or similarly) advanced than Europe. That would make absolutely fantastic games with 2 worlds clashing but neither world necessarily having the upper hand (much like muslims/Christians in ck2). That sounds fantastic.

Bonus points if you can have a native-only idea group that allows them to colonize Europe if they ever get the extra-tech chance.

Thanks for doing this wiz. On an unrelated note, do you plan to sell Wiz-themed lovepillows any time soon? Asking for a friend.

I would definitely like there to be a (very small) chance of the Americas being even more advanced than Europe, so that while you're gearing up to explore as Portugal, a Native American Carrack might show up and discover you first.

Ideally you should be able to tweak this chance (and turn it off if you don't like it).

Reactions:
You can make tiles of any size, so some RNWs will definitely have America-esque supercontinents.
In a similar question: are each tiles are going to always be disjoint? (aka: each tile will always be surrounded by ocean) Or will tiles be able to be connected to one another by land?

Reactions:
hey Wiz, did you considered the posibility of letting "modders" to help you creating tiles for you before release?
You could change, fix or improve them and usen them in the release.

Reactions:
hey Wiz, did you considered the posibility of letting "modders" to help you creating tiles for you before release?

We have a bunch of talented map modders in the beta, we'll be asking them if they want to help out. If other map modders would like to contribute, they should PM me and we might get them into the beta as well as we did with the map changes for 1.8.

Reactions:
In a similar question: are each tiles are going to always be disjoint? (aka: each tile will always be surrounded by ocean) Or will tiles be able to be connected to one another by land?

Right now they're always surrounded by ocean, but we want to make it so they can have land borders. We'll see if there's time for it. Again though, they can be any size all the way up to the entire 8x9.

Reactions:
I would definitely like there to be a (very small) chance of the Americas being even more advanced than Europe, so that while you're gearing up to explore as Portugal, a Native American Carrack might show up and discover you first.

Ideally you should be able to tweak this chance (and turn it off if you don't like it).

Please consider the native American idea (for RNW only obviously) that could replace the exploration idea and would allow to colonize Europe. Come on, we both know that would be hilarious.

That would be a terrible legal mess. Anyone who works for a product that will be sold is no longer a modder but employed. Can cause all sort of issues.

edit: I guess unless they get to sign a pile of paperwork. Wiz said they might do it but eh, personally I wouldn't have risked it to be absolutely frank. The modders will mod anyway.

Reactions:

In CK2, we had a DLC named Sunset Invasion... and people don't like it
Natives being more advanced than Europe have no historical basis. Eurasia + North Africa have greater landmass, population, etc. This allows discoveries in East Asia to spread to Western Europe, and the other way around. More people and more societies means higher chance of technological growth.

A 'Random' America with land available for colonization could not possibly be technologically advanced. Native Americans, if they possess technologies related to colonization, should target nearby lands first. The stationary distribution outcome should result in a continent very much like the old world, i.e. full of states covering most of the map.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Anyone who works for a product that will be sold is no longer a modder but employed.
This is completely untrue. One is perfectly free to donate their work for commercial purposes without remuneration.

edit: I guess unless they get to sign a pile of paperwork.
A single short waiver would suffice. No more than a few paragraphs.

Reactions:
With the old RNW feature there was a mod that made the entire world randomly generated. Would this be possible with the new system? Or does it no longer work because of the tile system used in the generation process?

Because I think the new system would actually create some decent entirely random worlds, together with random setup (andpossibly crazy paramters like advanced natives) really driving home the "Civilization Universalis"

Reactions:
Is there any possibility of a total random world?

Reactions:
Please consider the native American idea (for RNW only obviously) that could replace the exploration idea and would allow to colonize Europe. Come on, we both know that would be hilarious.

I personally don't want a second Sunset Invasion DLC, with ahistorical 'advanced natives'.
Post edited. Misuse of 'we' inappropriate here.

Last edited:
Reactions:
"Sunset Invasion" confirmed! BTW I would totally buy SI for EU4 ;)

Reactions:
Every single post on the first page was disliked by a guy named 'howaboutno'

Well, I guess he chose perfect name for himself
At least he's consistent.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.