• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOh is it verse? AS I'm not certain that would be an improvement. For a sick twist of cruelty, Sirin!

Yeah, I'd hate to think we have Kyros on the ropes already, that would be disappointing. And I so hope we get the chance to stay loyal to some degree!

Honestly I do think we will have the option ashe rebelled, mark has even tried to kill kyros but they ended up being offered to be a vassal. Plus I suspect mark is a kyros loyalist and the PC has options to say they are loyal to kyros conquest in the trial. I personally think Anarchy might be the route where you can actually be loyalist since it's clear kyros wants Ashe and nerat gone.

Plus I want to mention something where do you think Mark got the edict of nightfall from? Just saying? Where would he get such a thing from? hmm? Also when you use it on the capital and you read the description it's pretty much a softball compared to the other ones and it only lasts a few days.

Not poor Beastwoman! It just wouldn't be the same, playing rut, mate, slaughter with nerat. :D I was surprised to find myself warming to Killsey.

@Shinros My thinking on that too. Will be my edict of choice on my canon Anarchy pkaythrough. Went with the edict of fire on rebel play and storms on my disfavoured play. Edicts are fun.

Also when you tell mark that when you experience and end an edict that somehow you just "understand it" (I think this was act 3.)

Mark seems surprised and guesses your "talent" might be actually copying the abilities of other Archons in some form I mean look at your edicts they are not permanent and they are not as devastating also look at your reputation abilities.

Archons change and grow powerful by their reputation that we clearly know that but the abilities the PC gets are similar to the faction that loves or hates them it's not their own "unique" power like Ashe, Nerat, Sirin or even Mark. It might just be a throw away comment but that line was voiced and I feel the devs would not put that there for no reason.

Interesting theory. I did pick up on it but I'm hoping our fatebinder is the real deal and gets to be the next overlord. That said it would explain Kyros willingness to let our pc get so powerful. Not a real overlord per-se, but maybe an archon powerful enough to stand in on occasion, should Kyros need to lend its power to someone.

He seems like a loyalist doesn't he? So if he's so loyal to Kyros that he even disobeys Tunon why he grooms Fatbeinder on anarchy route? It's all according to Kyros's plan or is he not so loyal after all and wants to see her fall?

Well it's clear he does not like his leash with Tunon but he does also tell you he actually does care about his standing in court. I would believe he would like to be free from kyros if I did not read his short story.

It's the PC who has to introduce the idea of what it would take for Mark to serve you over Tunon. Still he does tell you if you go visit Tunon and do the whole trial mumbo jumbo not to mess up because he would have to kill you.

Also the short stories are canon considering sirin reacts to Cairn state and sirin has wrote to cairn and considers him a friend which is only shown in the short story.

He seems like a loyalist doesn't he? So if he's so loyal to Kyros that he even disobeys Tunon why he grooms Fatbeinder on anarchy route? Is it all according to Kyros's plan or is he not so loyal after all and wants to see her fall?
I wonder if Kyros has much love for Tunon, Tunon after all was as set up to fall just as much as Ashe and Nerat. While Tunon is powerful, could be his lack of imagination and personality has made him dispensable.

I wonder if Kyros has much love for Tunon, Tunon after all was as set up to fall just as much as Ashe and Nerat. While Tunon is powerful, could be his lack of imagination and personality has made him dispensable.

Would not surprise me considering the fact that mark has to tell tunon during the trial that he is only trying to convict and kill the PC because he is scared of losing kyros favor AND that kyros does not play by the rules either and the PC only did what they thought was right because they were caught in a amoral situation.

I do think the anarchy route has two paths for the PC 1. that does care about their standing still and wants to be loyalist(Going through the trial, convicting one of the Archons etc) vs 2. doing it for only power/selfish reasons Mark seems to be okay with both I mean he is amoral and the Archon of shadows.

Well it's clear he does not like his leash with Tunon but he does also tell you he actually does care about his standing in court. I would believe he would like to be free from kyros if I did not read his short story.

It's the PC who has to introduce the idea of what it would take for Mark to serve you over Tunon. Still he does tell you if you go visit Tunon and do the whole trial mumbo jumbo not to mess up because he would have to kill you.

Also the short stories are canon considering sirin reacts to Cairn state and sirin has wrote to cairn and considers him a friend which is only shown in the short story.
So you say he truly is loyal and that means he does what Kyros orders him to do. And that is to groom the Fatebinder into an Archon of Copycats. Ok, I still stand by my theory that she wants another war to gain power, because as it was said in the game there's no place for two Overlords in that world.

So you say he truly is loyal and that means he does what Kyros orders him to do. And that is to groom the Fatebinder into an Archon of Copycats. Ok, I still stand by my theory that she wants another war gain power, because as it was said in the game there's no place for two Overlords in that world.

Archon of copycats I like it. :D Honestly now that I think about perhaps your connection to the spire allows you to "comprehend" the powers of other Archons and the powers of factions?

Archon of copycats I like it. :D Honestly now that I think about perhaps your connection to the spire allows you to "comprehend" the powers of other Archons and the powers of factions?
I think Spires are the key to all Archons' powers in that world and Kyros knows about them more than anyone. Next game's genre gonna be Tower Defense, lol.

Would not surprise me considering the fact that mark has to tell tunon during the trial that he is only trying to convict and kill the PC because he is scared of losing kyros favor AND that kyros does not play by the rules either and the PC only did what they thought was right because they were caught in a amoral situation.

I do think the anarchy route has two paths for the PC 1. that does care about their standing still and wants to be loyalist(Going through the trial, convicting one of the Archons etc) vs 2. doing it for only power/selfish reasons Mark seems to be okay with both I mean he is amoral and the Archon of shadows.
Yeah, I went the loyalty route, it was abit dicey, didn't feel like it was strictly speaking intended to go that way. But that might just be me. I could never gain enough evidence on any of my playthroughs to get either archon convicted of treachery. What where the criteria?
So you say he truly is loyal and that means he does what Kyros orders him to do. And that is to groom the Fatebinder into an Archon of Copycats. Ok, I still stand by my theory that she wants another war to gain power, because as it was said in the game there's no place for two Overlords in that world.

I have considering that maybe our fatebinder is simply an Archon of Magic, and that maybe Kyros is the same or atleast for whatever passes for the power that results in magic. Connected to or generated by the Spires in some fashion.

Yeah, I went the loyalty route, it was abit dicey, didn't feel like it was strictly speaking intended to go that way. But that might just be me. I could never gain enough evidence on any of my playthroughs to get either archon convicted of treachery. What where the criteria?
Scour every nook and cranny and you'll get plenty of evidence. I always managed to convict one or the other that suited my needs. The only flaw is that you can't convict both, they're both so so guilty.

Right copied mark's short story kinda surprising this is the last one if a mod wants this removed you can remove it but I find it relevant to this discussion you can only get it through the Archon edition or higher.

Shush By: megan starks
“So? How did the meeting fare?” Bleden Mark, Archon of Shadows, leaned back against the wide, stone colonnade. The infamous assassin liked the hard press of the stone between his shoulder blades. It jabbed at the back of his mind, distracting. It affixed him as his amber eyes roved the captivating form of his Overlord. Kyros’ answer was a refrain, an enchanting, clipped little beat in time with his pulse in his ears. “Well. Much too well.” He felt his pupils dilating, the blackness bleeding steadily to swallow the light from his eyes. Already, his anticipation was piqued. His Overlord explained, “Icarix offered the perfect counter to my every concern.

He anticipated, expertly, each and every question I asked—before even I had thought of them. I could not catch him off guard, though I most certainly tried.” To hold one’s own in a political discourse with Kyros, the empire’s most feared and beloved ruler? It was an impressive feat, if not entirely unsurprising in this case. “He favors that little mind-trick of his often at banquets,” said Bleden Mark. “Of course, we both know he’s merely foretelling a future he’s already experienced. But I’ve seen the way ladies and servants alike titter in response to his... attentions.” “And yet, I am neither a lady nor a servant. I am Kyros.”

The dangerous undercurrent to his Overlord’s reply cautioned him to choose his words with greater care. He smirked. Then he struggled for a moment to ground his thoughts. His heart lashed at his chest. He thrummed, overcharged with adrenaline and a dark need. He pressed harder against the grit of the stone colonnade before he said, “So he couldn’t resist the attempt to benefit himself in your presence. I’ll bet he’s been resetting events, here and there, changing outcomes, to have even garnered your interest in the first place.” “Yes. I believe he has a limited capacity for prudence, and by extension, a fatal excess of ambition. He altered the meeting several times in order to influence me.” Bleden Mark curled his fingers against his palm, resisting the urge to flit them across the handle of a dagger. Experience and the pain of his Overlord’s discipline had broken him of such senselessly impulsive gestures. Mostly. “Then I take it you have need for me?”

shush
From the look on his Overlord’s face, there could be no other reason for his summoning. Of course, he knew this. But it was in his nature to tease, to poke and to prod and to dig deeply with his dagger’s blade, especially at that which could kill him. Unfortunately, his humor tended to run blacker than even his darkest, most deadly of shadows. ”See that the Archon of Time does not survive another evening,” the Overlord agreed. With a sidestep and a soft shushing sound, a sibilation of billowing magic and darkness, he began to dissipate into the cast shadow of the stone colonnade. Until Kyros’ words stopped him cold. “Mark.” He lingered, disembodied but listening. “You’ll have but one stab at this. Miss, and Icarix will reshape the events with the knowledge of when and where to kill you. You cannot merely shadow-leap to victory this time. First, you must ensure that he cannot escape into the past.” “Have something in mind?” he asked, pitch-black eyes wider than ever.

Icarix Archon Of tIme, poisoned By A Shadowy figure, 351 tr - 388 tr

hollow steps shush across the marble hall, cloth-covered and softly strike-strike-striking closer, like the muffled gong of a distant mourning bell as time abruptly drifts and shudders a sigh, my hand sliding night to day to night again in a single pendulous breath backwards, a gasp more than any true inhale, my heart fluttering and wounded in my chest as the seconds flit passed and then stop short, aborted shockingly—in a veered, jolting pitch to the moment before, only scant minutes passed, when the silvered draught first touched my lips, cold as my late wife’s last sickly kiss, and more bitter, a twisted thing, not like my darling Dalia, not sweet and warm, this woman who is finally mine, who took whole spans of sifting the past to entrap, who is gazing at me with her half-shadowed face and sultry green eyes, gleaming and enthralled and expectant as she ushers me into bed with a gentle shushing sound from between her coy, simpering, red rouged lips;
shush

my mouth waters at the thought of what is to come, brims unbidden with a fiery bile, choking, burning as the goblet topples from my hand, dully strike-strike-striking the whorled marble at my feet—and time ripples backwards, again; behind me a shadow looms and in my thoughts rises a dark desire, the swirling whispered words that really Kyros is not so very impressive once met, is merely an Archon like myself, risen to fame, but with a power laughably inferior to my own, and who must rely on the cunning of an advisory council to survive, surely, of which I will soon be a well-respected member, because I saw within the Overlord’s eyes a coveting for which I myself felt toward my enchanting Dalia even as my wife still struggled to live, and so I understand cannot be controlled; as I approach the bed, soft linen garments shushing across the marble, a virile laugh cracking from the pit of my throat, thunder claps, and Dalia is crouching on the cream-colored coverlet like some little Beast, her tawny skin burnished nearly black from a sharp swath of shadows, her gleaming brunette—no, milky white hair flung forward over her forehead, untamed though I alone was able to cage her, just as I shall soon bring even the Overlord to heel.

Abruptly Dalia is backlit by a strike from the skies, beyond the narrow window, her wholly-shadowed face and sultry black eyes seared wildly into my mind, her smile dark and promising as she hands me my nightly concoction, and I am struck by how dusky and cold her fingers are, wispish where they brush my own, and the goblet is just as frigid against my lips, the silver liquid caustic in my throat, and I choke, as poison spews in a deluge, a drowned curse from behind gritted, grinding teeth, and time stutters and stumbles once again as I mentally trip backwards over my own feet even as cream-cloth-covered, they shush forwards across the churning whorls of blood red marble beneath.

I am at the bedside and my throat and heart are fire, and Dalia— she is a shadow, she is darkness, she is grinning, inhuman, teeth flat and white in her shrouded face, a sibilate exhale rushing past her parted, black lips, a shush-shush swishing in my ears, the sound of shadows coalescing as my temptress warps and twists and flickers into the solid, broader form of a man with red war paint masking his face, and time painfully wrenches around by my hand, as far as I can wrest it, though I am so very tired now and though
shush

I know the dangers of veering too far-flung, too beyond what can safely be re-stepped, yet I cannot seem to escape the trip—the trap—that is this moment before, the grain of sand in the sift of time that is my consumption of a burning, liquid amalgamation; my teeth knock the lip of the goblet as the poison brims, biting, into my mouth, and I gag mid-swallow, but it is already too late—my magic wanes, inhibited; “What have you done?!” my voice rings out, the harsh chime of a mourning bell in my throat as the goblet strikes and strikes and strikes against the cold marble at my feet; “You sound surprised. Can I then assume this is the first time?” the man who had been my Dalia, this shadowed assassin muses, words reverberating as I rip time apart with a keening scream, the fire ravaging my throat and now raging in my chest, spreading hotly while I am falling to my knees, and time rips backwards and stops short at the liquid clogging my throat, and he asks, “Or have we had this conversation before? Maybe a few times, hm? Or maybe an infinity of them?” Painfully, I am tired, shuddering and spent, standing before him without even having moved, this time having stumbled even less distance back, and I fall to the floor, shadows shushing beneath me, metallic bile dripping from my chin, and on the bedside table, the lone candle’s flame flickers and dims— and then dies.

“Were there any complications?” the Overlord asked after. Bleden Mark shrugged, arms crossed firmly over his chest. He felt a certain sense of satisfaction coming off of his kill, was still enjoying the buzz in his veins and a heady little burn behind his eyelids, but he knew it wouldn’t last long. Already he was beginning to feel restless. Caged. He glanced to the Binding of Shadows clasped about his left wrist. Uncrossing his arms, he ran a thumb along the bracer’s seam, considering. He answered curtly, “Much as it often pains me to admit it, you were right. The dumb lecher drank the potion, keeled over, and died. Though I’m not sure… exactly how many times I did the bastard in.”

His Overlord’s head canted to one side. And Bleden Mark grinned, teeth flat and white in his shrouded face. ”So who’s next?” the shadow assassin asked. Who, he wondered excitedly, would the darkness devour later?

I have considering that maybe our fatebinder is simply an Archon of Magic, and that maybe Kyros is the same or atleast for whatever passes for the power that results in magic. Connected to or generated by the Spires in some fashion.
More like Archon of Spires then, because it is known they are powerful magical lodestones, perhaps even responsible for all magic in that world, or at least Archon magic.

Well it also depends what you do in conquest, conquest is not only about approval but also adds evidence to convict an Archon also make sure you keep notes from ANY dead npc you find if it does not relate to a spire upgrade. I had quite abit of evidence to convict ashe and had enough to convict him(I personally don't feel it's right to kill him as a traitor he does not deserve that even if I dislike the disfavored)

http://tyranny.wiki.fextralife.com/A+Trial+of+Archons

I had to do a lore check to convict nerat since I did not have much on him but using the lore check and how sirin was controlling people gave me enough to get the writ of execution on nerat because sirin was a vassal to nerat it was his responsibility to watch what she was doing.

More like Archon of Spires then, because it is known they are powerful magical lodestones, perhaps even responsible for all magic in that world, or at least Archon magic.

That is an interesting point. Quite interesting.

yeah the Archons, the Spires and Kyros seem inextricably linked in my mind too. The how and why, I'm looking forward to findingout. Thanks for the Bleden Lore by the way. Very informative. Regarding the trial of archons, I do gather plenty of evidence, Tunon just refuses to accept it! Will have to be more forceful in my presentation of the evidence on my next playthrough.

yeah the Archons, the Spires and Kyros seem inextricably linked in my mind too. The how and why, I'm looking forward to findingout. Thanks for the Bleden Lore by the way. Very informative. Regarding the trial of archons, I do gather plenty of evidence, Tunon just refuses to accept it! Will have to be more forceful in my presentation of the evidence on my next playthrough.

No problem honestly mark seems like a vicious puppy that loves it's master. XD

Well when you do convict one Tunon calls mark to do the killing but you can say to mark that you want to do it yourself and mark gains approval. Nerat's reaction is so great when you deliver the writ to him.

Regarding the trial of archons, I do gather plenty of evidence, Tunon just refuses to accept it! Will have to be more forceful in my presentation of the evidence on my next playthrough.
Gotta raise loyalty with him too, I've seen him requiring rank 4 in some playthroughs. That means speak properly, do all quests requiring judgment, talk to him, etc.