• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just want to say. I just got the game a couple of Days ago. I loved Nobunaga's Ambition by Koei on the SNES, back in the day.......... and this game is SO MUCH better.

Sadly though I believe this game won't be updated or DLCed. That being I hope they do comeback and give it some love.

It seems like a polished beta for mechanics of CK2.

Thank you for buying the game. Glad you enjoy it :)

• 1Love
Reactions:
I still play this now and then, but it really could use some DLC or something. I'd pay for it. C'mon, man. :sad:

Pretty much this.

I'm sure Paradox are merely concerned that many people wouldn't pay for it. Or even consider it.

this game seems funny.
who say abandon this game????

ricky

I, too, greatly enjoy Sengoku. I still play it from time to time (if only to see how long I can survive as the Azai) and played it fairly continuously until CK2 (and now, EU4) became my standard rotation. I would readily buy an expansion or update.

It is great to see such a large following still interested in the game so long after release. And, Captain Gars continuing to "look in" on the forums. He's my favorite renegade coder, especially for his vision in producing Sengoku!

I'm not really interested in Sengoku to be honest (I hadn't played it yet though :p), but I've one question to devs (apparently) lurking here: Why not release game source code after ending game development? It'd make many bugfixes possible as well as plenty of new features (but still restricted by game engine) and ideas applied by such "advanced modders" could be used (or not) in future games- with certain improvements. It seems like pretty good and cheap way for testing new features.

Of course I may be wrong and it could be a terrible idea :D

I'm not really interested in Sengoku to be honest (I hadn't played it yet though :p), but I've one question to devs (apparently) lurking here: Why not release game source code after ending game development? It'd make many bugfixes possible as well as plenty of new features (but still restricted by game engine) and ideas applied by such "advanced modders" could be used (or not) in future games- with certain improvements. It seems like pretty good and cheap way for testing new features.

Of course I may be wrong and it could be a terrible idea :D

Much of the source code and especially those parts that are part of the Clausewitz engine are used in all our games, so releasing the source code for Sengoku wouldn't be very wise for us as a company.

Cpt. Gars - I know you cannot make commitments or statements on behalf of the company but do you think there is any chance you will be exploring Sengoku Jidai as a setting at some point in the future? Or are you all Sengoku's out? Thanks in advance!

Much of the source code and especially those parts that are part of the Clausewitz engine are used in all our games, so releasing the source code for Sengoku wouldn't be very wise for us as a company.

Ah- so releasing SC for Sengoku would be equal to releasing SC for CK2 (more or less)? No way for a workaround? Like making game more moddable/releasing only parts of SC?

I loved this game too. Was all i played before CK2. But now that CK 2 is out and still going strong, I doubt they will do anything else to this game. Id rather they just make a part 2 of this.