• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here every day! And still playing the game, although I might have to put it aside for a short while to see the improvements made to Japan when the new EU is released.

And the avatar is permanent, at least until an 'official' Chiba is put up for Sengoku 2 ;)

I'm sticking with my Takeda avatar, too. Until the Takeda avatar is released for Sengoku 2, of course.

I'm sticking with my Takeda avatar, too. Until the Takeda avatar is released for Sengoku 2, of course.
I'll be watching you
:rofl:

It's funny, because the Sengoku twitter account (@SengokuGame) is still fairly active, tossing out a cool quote every month or so (which are unique to this Paradox run twitter account). Every time I see one, I tell myself it's because there's a dedicated team working hard on an expansion that take a little time every now and then to reach out and give us something to to keep us interested and attentive until the official announcement.

I'm pretty sure I've got it right.

I think I might buy it. Should have bought March of the Eagles and got it for free but you can't get everything right I suppose. :wacko:

It's funny, because the Sengoku twitter account (@SengokuGame) is still fairly active, tossing out a cool quote every month or so (which are unique to this Paradox run twitter account). Every time I see one, I tell myself it's because there's a dedicated team working hard on an expansion that take a little time every now and then to reach out and give us something to to keep us interested and attentive until the official announcement.

I'm pretty sure I've got it right.

Now we wait.

Speaking of avatars. I'm still waiting for someone to put the proper Tokugawa avatar on the list. :)

Last edited:
Speaking of avatars. I'm still waiting for someone to put the proper Tokugawa avatar on the list. :)

My quote is better than yours.

It's on, Ieyasu.

My quote is better than yours.

It's on, Ieyasu.
Nah, that quote by Shingen is just empty boast, while Ieyasu got to give quotes about ruling Japan. :p

Nah, that quote by Shingen is just empty boast, while Ieyasu got to give quotes about ruling Japan. :p

They all feared Shingen!

He just wasn't bulletproof, unfortunately for himself.

They all feared Shingen!

He just wasn't bulletproof, unfortunately for himself.

The sniper story was a myth concocted by writers during the Edo period (designed to glorify the then-reigning Tokugawa) ;)

The prevailing wisdom is that he died from tuberculosis, pneumonia, stomach cancer, or more likely a combination of all 3.

And everyone knows Chiba Shigetane was the ultimate warrior of the Sengoku! It took Hideyoshi putting together an allied army from all the other daimyo of Japan totalling over 200,00 men to take him down.

...at least, that's the way I hear it...

The prevailing wisdom is that he died from tuberculosis, pneumonia, stomach cancer, or more likely a combination of all 3.

I told him once but he was like "nah, it was a bullet!".

Once I'll have some spare moniez I guess I'll get full version (played only demo so far), but only if there's someone to play multiplayer. Honestly, in single, game's a tad schematic imho. Multi would be fun. And then, fear the Demon King of Owari!

For now I'll have to stick with Samurai Warriors 2 however :(

I told him once but he was like "nah, it was a bullet!".
Well, the bullet story is cooler so why give it up. ;)

Well, the bullet story is cooler so why give it up. ;)

Hm, now that you mentioned it, it also suits my anti-Takeda and pro-firearms propaganda campaign against Morgothic on our profile feud (go check it out!) so indeed it might be better. Let it be bullets then.

Fear the might of guns!

The sniper story was a myth concocted by writers during the Edo period (designed to glorify the then-reigning Tokugawa) ;)

And everyone knows Chiba Shigetane was the ultimate warrior of the Sengoku! It took Hideyoshi putting together an allied army from all the other daimyo of Japan totalling over 200,00 men to take him down.

...at least, that's the way I hear it...

With feudal Japan, it's honestly hard to tell the myth from fact. Either way, he died before his time! He could have taken all of Japan!

With feudal Japan, it's honestly hard to tell the myth from fact.

In this case, though, we have the Koyo Gunkan...an account written by one of Shingen's top retainers (and not to mention lover) Kōsaka Masanobu.

"On the 11th day of the 4th month around 1pm, Lord Shingen's condition took a turn for the worst. His pulse became extremely rapid. On the night of the 12th, approximately 9pm, he developed an abscess/rash in his mouth, and 5 or 6 of his teeth fell out. He gradually weakened."

The Takeda Gunki also states that "...Shingen had been ill for a long time, and his closest advisers were aware of his illness...it was an internal illness"

Shingen actually had a pretty good lifespan-he was 52 in an age where men aged 40 were about the norm.

But I concur that the sniper story is indeed cooler.

And even Ieyasu's death has several different versions...