• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But..but I dont want it to end.....

We have to face facts... if it can give Chatnoir some more tools for his mod it would be great though.

What we need is more option to play low level character (kokujin and why not Ronin). Maybe implement more honour rules. As far as I remember, there was some heavy alliance and succession issue that led to the battle of Osaka. I'd like to see included Hokkaido and Korea (after all Hideyoshi attacked Korea).

Certainly a fool's hope... but what would we be without hope ;)

Last edited:
What we need is more option to play low level character (kokujin and why not Ronin). Maybe implement more honour rules. As far as I remember, there was some heavy alliance and succession issue that led to the battle of Osaka. I'd like to see included Hokkaido and Korea (after all Hideyoshi attacked Korea).

Certainly a fool's hope... but what would we be without hope ;)

With the depth the game has right now, if you were a Ronin, there'd be nothing for you to do. People would hire you, merge you into their army and you would just watch numbers go up and down.

You can be a Kokujin. When you are at the Clan selection screen, in the heading bar that says, "Clan, Daimyo, etc", click "Characters", then click around until you get a character that has a Liege, and it says, "Kokujin of xxxx" and not "Daimyo of xxxx".

Right now you are right. I have played as a kokujin and actually you don't do a lot of things either (you need to be direct vassal of a clan to do something meaningful). Player character (may be not NPC) need to be able to ask for title or at least put ambition to have something. So If you were a ronin, you can put an ambition to be a kokujin, when you are hired, the clan leader or else could eventually offer you to be kokujin of a territory you conquered. May be add more AI cooperation in the wargame part of the game that could lead to more reward from 2nd level vassal.

So I agree, I think more depth in the game could be interesting. But maybe the period is not right for that. This really look like a big battle. In CKII conquering the map is not the only objective. I wonder if it could be possible to have other objectives? I know that Tokugawa's 4 generals were very loyal to him. Did they consider themselves to be winners?

Right now you are right. I have played as a kokujin and actually you don't do a lot of things either (you need to be direct vassal of a clan to do something meaningful). Player character (may be not NPC) need to be able to ask for title or at least put ambition to have something. So If you were a ronin, you can put an ambition to be a kokujin, when you are hired, the clan leader or else could eventually offer you to be kokujin of a territory you conquered. May be add more AI cooperation in the wargame part of the game that could lead to more reward from 2nd level vassal.

So I agree, I think more depth in the game could be interesting. But maybe the period is not right for that. This really look like a big battle. In CKII conquering the map is not the only objective. I wonder if it could be possible to have other objectives? I know that Tokugawa's 4 generals were very loyal to him. Did they consider themselves to be winners?

I think this game tried to differentiate itself from the other type of Paradox games while still maintaining the Paradox flavor. I just don't know that it would be possible to bring this game in more inline with the other types of titles Paradox has created. I could see them doing the inverse of CK2 and making it an Asian version compared to a European version. However, that smacks more of DLC for me on the CK2 side then warranting a full-fledged game or DLC for Sengoku. Either way, shame to see this one growing stagnant.

let me say this my fellow gamers and friends, never lose hope!

for they will have to answer to us we the gamers, must stand and make a them see what we wish!

Hi everyone. I just wanted to say that I like Sengoku too. Not sure what it is. I know I like the clean layout and simplicity of design. The art and music are good too. Just starting out, but I am joining your ranks.

My opinion is - Sengoku is a great game, with a small, but loyal following. We won't be getting any DLC, but that's ok. I accept the game for what it is. I hear rumours of a mod or soon to be released mod for CKII that's Sengoku Jidai, so maybe I'll look into that.

I really enjoyed this game, and I've been hoping for DLC but it's pretty doubtful that it's going to happen. Maybe a patch that opens up even more scripting and modding possibilities would nice too.

My opinion is - Sengoku is a great game, with a small, but loyal following. We won't be getting any DLC, but that's ok. I accept the game for what it is. I hear rumours of a mod or soon to be released mod for CKII that's Sengoku Jidai, so maybe I'll look into that.

With what they are able to do in Crisis of the Confederation I can only imagine what they could bring to a Sengoku mod. I was blown away by the creativity people possess and if they can turn their eye onto Japan or Asia in general I will be happy!

I really enjoyed this game, and I've been hoping for DLC but it's pretty doubtful that it's going to happen. Maybe a patch that opens up even more scripting and modding possibilities would nice too.

Based off of how things have been I doubt it is likely that anything will be done for Sengoku. Like grallis was saying, and how I responded, I think it is much more likely for modders to convert a different game and place Sengoku, or something similar, onto it.

I would like to buy this game since i am interested in the time period and Japanese culture overall but it looks like its forgotten by the developers. Tried the demo and i really like that "old school" feeling. It would be great to see a bit more dynamics (events, decisions...), slightly better map colors and a tutorial.

I would like to buy this game since i am interested in the time period and Japanese culture overall but it looks like its forgotten by the developers. Tried the demo and i really like that "old school" feeling. It would be great to see a bit more dynamics (events, decisions...), slightly better map colors and a tutorial.

Ya, there really isnt a tutorial. If youve played other paradox games, its quite a bit simpler and if you havent, its a great introductory game. Its not that bad to learn, only a few things you need to know that they dont tell you. Do yourself a favour and buy it, Id be happy to show you the ropes in a multiplayer game.