• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Spring 453
Spring 453

Orders

Spring453.jpg

Rome:
A Dalmatia Hold
A Massilia - Tarraconensis
F Neapolis - Tyrrhenean Sea
F Roma - Ligurian Sea (*Bounce*)
F Sicilia Supports F Neapolis - Tyrrhenean Sea
F Tyrrhenean Sea - Corsica
A Vindobona - Sarmatia (*Bounce*)

Carthage:
A Mauretania Hold
A Numidia - Leptis (*Bounce*)
A Phazania Supports A Numidia - Leptis
F Punic Sea Hold
F Sardinia - Ligurian Sea (*Bounce*)
F Thapsus Supports F Punic Sea

Persia:
F Antioch - Cilician Strait
A Chersonesus - Sarmatia (*Bounce*)
F Cyprus - Egyptian Sea
A Galatia - Miletus
F Miletus - Minoan Sea
F Sidon - Syrian Sea
A Sinope - Chersonesus (*Fails*)
A Tyre - Jerusalem (*Bounce*)

Greece:
F Aegean Sea - Messenian Sea
A Byzantium Hold
F Crete Supports F Cyprus - Egyptian Sea
A Epirus Hold
F Sparta - Ionian Sea

Egypt:
A Cyrene Supports A Marmarica - Leptis
F Gulf of Tacape - Numidia (*Fails*)
F Libyan Sea - Egyptian Sea (*Fails*)
A Marmarica - Leptis (*Bounce*)
A Petra - Jerusalem (*Bounce*)
A Sahara Supports A Numidia - Cirta (*Void*)

Results

Spring453-R.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up :

Fall 453 will fall on Friday 25th of January, at 21:00 GMT.

As opposed to enlightened submission under the Pharaoh? I'll pass.

Sp. in the first year, Greece manages to lose both Miletus and Chernonesus to Persia. Then it manages to not get a fleet into the Black Sea and also loses Sinope amd the rest pf Asia Minor and let them take Cyprus for free.. And then, when they could get Persia to support you to Egyptian Sea to finally get something, they also support a Persian fleet instead. Oh, and if that wasn't enough, you also attack Rome at the same time. At this point Panzer should just change the color of Greek counters to black.

Over the first two years Reis made and broke several deals with both Greece and Persia and now is surprised that I work with Persia instead of impaling myself on them so that you could have your futile military adventure in the West against Carthrage. Complain all you want but you brought this on yourself.

Over the first two years Reis made and broke several deals with both Greece and Persia and now is surprised that I work with Persia instead of impaling myself on them so that you could have your futile military adventure in the West against Carthrage. Complain all you want but you brought this on yourself.

You mean the anti-Persian deal that you completely ignored by moving two armies to take Dalmatia in the first year, instead pf Miletus? Want me to post that?

No, you did everything you could to get me to work with Persia, and even so I did not support them against you. I took Crete to force you to deploy to Byzantium, otherwise not even that you would get before Persia. And in spite of all that I turned down a Persian offer to partition Greece by supporting them to Aegean from Crete (which was repaid in kind by Greece supporting Persia into Egyptian Sea).

The only deal I ended up breaking in this game, and rather unwilingly, was a deal with Carthage which I would have happily kept, if the map geography allowed me to expand to Greece (in a sustainable fashion) instead.

Still, if you want to pretend that moving two armies to take an SC that is already 100% assured to be yours (unless Rome is suicidal and prefers a bounce in Dalmatia over a guaranteed SC in Vindobonna) losing Chenonesus and Miletus in the process is good play and that you only lost (oh yes, you are still lost don't doubt that) because Egypt didn't help you fight Persia, then you still need to learn the game.

You post what you want, but I'll wait until the game is over before writing my AAR.

No, my only experience in Diplomacy is limited to one unfinished game, I wouldn't be able to play properly
If you wanted you could junior with me. I wouldn't make you do anything and you would have the inside scoop on what's happening.

Fall 453
Fall 453

Orders

Fall453.png

Rome:
F Corsica - Tyrrhenean Sea
A Dalmatia - Epirus (*Fails*)
F Roma Supports F Tyrrhenean Sea - Neapolis
F Sicilia - Ausonian Sea
A Tarraconensis - Saguntum (*Bounce*)
F Tyrrhenean Sea - Neapolis
A Vindobona - Illyria

Carthage:
A Mauretania - Saguntum (*Bounce*)
A Numidia - Phazania (*Bounce*)
A Phazania - Leptis
F Punic Sea - Sicilia
F Sardinia - Ligurian Sea
F Thapsus - Gulf of Tacape (*Fails*)

Persia:
A Chersonesus - Sarmatia
F Cilician Strait - Egyptian Sea
F Egyptian Sea - Gulf of Pelusium
A Miletus Hold
F Minoan Sea Supports F Cilician Strait - Egyptian Sea
A Sinope - Chersonesus
F Syrian Sea Supports A Tyre - Jerusalem
A Tyre - Jerusalem

Greece:
A Byzantium - Macedonia
F Crete - Messenian Sea (*Bounce*)
A Epirus - Dalmatia (*Fails*)
F Ionian Sea - Adriatic Sea
F Messenian Sea - Ionian Sea

Egypt:
A Cyrene Supports F Libyan Sea - Alexandria
F Gulf of Tacape - Messenian Sea (*Bounce*)
F Libyan Sea - Alexandria
A Marmarica - Memphis
A Petra - Jerusalem (*Fails*)
A Sahara - Phazania (*Bounce*)

Results

Fall453R.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Builds <===> Supply

Rome -1 => 6
Carthage +2 => 8
Persia +1 => 9
Greece +0 => 5
Egypt -1 => 5

Next up :

Winter 453 will fall on Sunday 27th of January, at 21:00 GMT.

Is there a point in playing the rest of the game now? Rome accepts to concede defeat to Persia.
It's good sportsmanship to play on, even if things look very dim.

I didn't say it because I am losing, but because I thought only Persia can win with the current policies of everyone.

Now that I look again on the map, I guess Greece and Carthage has chances to eliminate me fastly and stand against Persia together. So I take my conceding back, this thing isn't decided yet.

Winter 453
Winter 453

Rome:
Remove A Tarraconensis

Carthage:
Build F Carthage
Build A Cirta

Persia:
Build F Sidon

Egypt:
Remove A Petra

Winter453.png

Next up :

Spring 454 will fall on Tuesday 29th of January, at 21:00 GMT. (Option A won the vote with overwhelming majority!)

Last edited: