• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vyshan

Retired Kaiserreich Developer
84 Badges
Mar 30, 2011
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Empire of Sin
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
With the upcoming UI rework, one thing I am hoping Paradox will do is have different cultural UIs. When the UI was revealed, some suggested that the countries color or secondary color should be used for each country though Arheo explained that was not quite the easiest thing to do. Which makes sense, Just count the number of countries in the Iberian Peninsula or Greece for example.

Still I think it would be great for different cultures to have a different UIs. By tying it to culture groups, maybe more than one group. It wouldn't be as annoying as having to recolor the UI roughly 30 different times just for northwest Iberia. So for example if it was just based on recoloring you could have the various Indian countries use Orange as their primary color, the Celtic countries use Green, Leventine cultures could use Purple, and so on.

Or and this is my preference though I do acknowledge this would take longer for the UI artists to do is for there to be different cultural styles based on countries. So for example the various Celtic culture groups would use a wood panel finish instead of having a marble background. in the rework UI, there is the Meander design at the top of Headers, but perhaps the Celts would use Triskelions, and so on. this way when you are playing as one of the Celtic tribes you have a very different look to things.

Regardless of which way to have more cultural UIs. I think that having them would help with immersion and me good instead of every country using Red that has been shown off in the dev diaries.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Arheo already mentioned it's not going to happen with this update, but it will be moddable.

I hope that flavour packs will bring this variety in the future but I doubt it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201021-123504.png
    Screenshot_20201021-123504.png
    166,8 KB · Views: 0
Arheo already mentioned it's not going to happen with this update, but it will be moddable.

I hope that flavour packs will bring this variety in the future but I doubt it.
Yea, I saw that comment. I am hoping that in the future that we can get different cultural UIs. Hence this suggestion. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes I would pretty much like different UIs for different culture groups. Also as we have seen in the screenshots character like kings etc will be depicted in their "throne room" with murals on the wall and all. So it would be quite strange having an Indian king from Sri Lanka sitting infront of some Roman or Hellinistic peace of art.

As most have pointed out I would put that on a DLC flavour pack though. So for example a DLC flavour pack for the north Balkan area could have
1) 3 different unit models Getian (Dacian) / Ilirian / Celtic Pannonian
2) Maybe a different ship model for the Ilirians
3) UI for the aforementioned culture groups
4) Some different city models maybe also port and fort models
5) Mission trees for the main players of the areas (Getae, Odrysia etc) and the formables (Dacia, Ilyria)
6) Maybe some additional music (2-3 pieces)
7) Character portraits and gear
8) Fleshed out traditions and heritages for the tags of the area (at least the main ones)

Sometimes even smaller things like looking at a different army model or hearing a different music can make you feel like you are playing a different country in a different part of the world.

Reactions:
How about we just let the player choose from a few UI options?

I’d love a dark theme but others love the white marble. I’d much prefer they had 2-3 solid great looking base colors and then you could choose your “teal“ highlight color. Let the player choose, don’t lock it to cultures.

I’d rather see army unit model art, background art, map models, etc. getting culture flair.

• 1Like
Reactions: