• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
though when it comes to race placement its not so bad i guess, Changling go to the "undiscovered west" dragons get there own Island chain, griffons get mostly mountain territory on the Eastern continent The east of the Griffon mountains can be desert's the deer can go to Bug bear territory (a natural enemy for them to fight early game or a potential revolt risk like orcs in the Warhammer mod?)

Most of the new map is structurally built, so we can beginning the process of adjusting old code for it and moving forward. I think we've got the majority of the races sorted out for where we want them in general. We've still got to figure out some new lore for things, but overall I think we're getting things moving again now that the map issues have been sorted.

like i said man if the changes are to vast ignore them you made a world filled with Lore and Cultures, you dont have to change it
Yeah, I agree at this point. If there are further changes at this scale, we're not updating the mod for them, at least until we've actually gotten something out. It's really unfortunate that we had just gotten all the religions set up, were getting into the nitty gritty of the race stuff, and then "NEW MAP THAT OUTDATES LITERALLY EVERYTHING."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions:
If you don't like MLP:FM, or think Bronies are stupid or whatever, leave the thread. Leave and never return. Let people who are interested continue in a mod that they are interested in and are willing to commit time to. Just because this is the internet, you don't get to try to attack people's interests with impunity.

If there are further changes at this scale, we're not updating the mod for them, at least until we've actually gotten something out. It's really unfortunate that we had just gotten all the religions set up, were getting into the nitty gritty of the race stuff, and then "NEW MAP THAT OUTDATES LITERALLY EVERYTHING."

Will all the races you plan on being playing still be playable, or has the new map removed them? The map changes doesn't change the religions aside from holy sites, right?

Will all the races you plan on being playing still be playable, or has the new map removed them? The map changes doesn't change the religions aside from holy sites, right?
We're scaling down for the moment. So some races will be removed for our initial release. Religions should remain the same for the most part with some things changed due to flavor changes related to differences in the map. (Our old idea for Saddle Arabian/Griffon hostilities can't exist when they're literally on opposite sides of the map, for example.)

Reactions:
We're scaling down for the moment. So some races will be removed for our initial release. Religions should remain the same for the most part with some things changed due to flavor changes related to differences in the map. (Our old idea for Saddle Arabian/Griffon hostilities can't exist when they're literally on opposite sides of the map, for example.)

Sounds fine. An initial release for total conversion mod rarely has every planned race playable or fully implemented.

Sounds fine. An initial release for total conversion mod rarely has every planned race playable or fully implemented.

these. plus it does help that there are still unexplored lands in the 3 directions that matter, so there's plenty of additional room to go nuts after the initial release.

Reactions:

? what do you mean Griffons and Arabians are on the other side of the map? looking at it that desert area is pure Equestrian, you can have the Saddle Arabians on the other side of the Griffonstone mountains keeping the conflict between the two

Wouldn't Celestia be quite OP, what with all the long reign opinion modifier?

that would be the point. she'd have to have just about all positive traits and if AI traits (seen ingame by using console command "charinfo") can be modded, 200 honor, rationality, -200 greed and zeal. plus some extra traits and flags all her own. a completely amicable and unwarlike leader. much unlike luna who i could see potentially making equestria resemble an abbablob.

Reactions:
I really hope timezones won't interfere with file exchange.

timezones have nothing to do with it. what affects file sharing is generally the availability of fiber optics, cell towers, and how close your nearest communications satellite is. which mean unless you live in Antarctica or northern greenland you don't have to worry.

Is this dead? I hope not. At least release a beta or whatever on the CKII workshop

you could update the map in a second version or something, idk

Highly doubt it is dead. The developers usually go silent until they have news for us.