• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Driggsd said:
LOL, you do realise that we created the metric system. But did not adopt it.....

Uh bud, the metric system was created in France, hence it's current name "SI" (Système International). Sorry. Oh yeah, and you guys didn't invent the automobile, basketball, or baseball either.

I'm assuming you're American, given the flag you use.

Sorry for the OT...
Back to topic.

Enzo said:
Thanks for the update ;)
As already said, the first stat (strength) seems to be as in Vicky : number of soldiers, and the next to last is manpower.
How should we read these two values :
Does mp represent the support staff for a division (logistic and so on) or is it number of soldier/1000 + support staff or something else ?

BTW, the user interface looks better and better and the font is perfectly clear.
Also I see fuel is orange not red or green, any particular meaning for this ?

Maybe fuel is orange because the stockpile is being artificially maintained by conversion of energy into fuel?

As for number of soldiers and manpower, I don't think there's any fixed relation. However it is a balancing mechanism, most likely, intended to represent rear-area administrative and maintenance personnel required by the division. However, it doesn't mean that the division itself doesn't have such personnel. The extra MP goes towards that kind of personnel at corps, army and army group level, I suppose.

EDIT: They did, however, invent the mass-produced automobile. Which is more than Canada could ever aspire to :D

Can we name and save our own templates? That would seem like a must as far as ease of use goes.

It would be a bit user-unfriendly if we had to redesign our divisions everytime we wanted to build a new bunch, or if we have to remember just what Template XI is. I'd like to just be able to set up my custom templates and then say: "Build 6 'Urban Garrison' (2 inf, 1 anti-tank, 1 art), 4 'Light Recon' (2 arm car, 1 light armor), and 2 'Motor Engineers' (3 Eng, 1 arm car), rather then click and click and click to re-set them up every time.

Ah my mistake, the continetal congress(1776) set up a commity to come up with a purely american system of measure. The metric and what is now the SU system were presented the SU was adopted. But the metric system was a french creation. My mistake.

don`t say it is complex. this is a war game, so the war side should be more detailed. i love to spend my time with organizing, building up the divisions. it looks great for me.

actually i`d like to have a more detailed economy (IC) system but for now this is enough. maybe in HOI4 :D

and for organization and strength: the strength usually starts to decrease after the organization gets under 10 or something. i think they should decrease at the same time but strength with a lower decrease rate. and it would be great if we can see the exact losses after a battle :rolleyes:

thank you guys, eat more dried grape (raisin), dried fig and dried apricot. it keeps you clear headed and warm, especially in the cold winters of Sweden. don`t get sick guys, we need you. don`t ask how much i felt sorry when i heard one of you lost one big day in the airport :(

and i need to find something to spend my next 6 days till the new diary arrives :cool: good luck

Fintilgin said:
Can we name and save our own templates? That would seem like a must as far as ease of use goes.

I agree 100%, though I dont see any extra room in the screenshot for custom templates, the space already seems full with pre made templates (if thats what those are?) But yeah, its a must I think.

@Alexander Seil: Hey now, Canada has invented some truly wonderful things that changed the world, like the wonderbra: http://www.cbc.ca/inventions/inventions.html?inventionID=49

:D :eek: :rofl:

Looks great guys! It seems to be a very good implementation of a customization system.

So, are there plans on making the amount of division slots open for modding?

don`t say it is complex. this is a war game, so the war side should be more detailed. i love to spend my time with organizing, building up the divisions. it looks great for me.

actually i`d like to have a more detailed economy (IC) system but for now this is enough. maybe in HOI4 :D

and for organization and strength: the strength usually starts to decrease after the organization gets under 10 or something. i think they should decrease at the same time but strength with a lower decrease rate. and it would be great if we can see the exact losses after a battle :rolleyes:

thank you guys, eat more dried grape (raisin), dried fig and dried apricot. it keeps you clear headed and warm, especially in the cold winters of Sweden. don`t get sick guys, we need you. don`t ask how much i felt sorry when i heard one of you lost one big day in the airport :(

and i need to find something to spend my next 6 days till the new diary arrives :cool: good luck

The interface doesn't display the "template" designer. It's just a generic production interface where you can, presumably, just construct divisions and put them in production. I'm sure that it's possible to click on the templates to access renaming and save/save as functions.

A thought I had...I hope that, if for example, you make a 'division' that only consists of a single brigade (assuming that is possible) your leaders of a corps will not be penalised for being over their command limit if they were in command of 2 full divisions & 2 'divisions' made up of single brigades...

Such a thing like this would not do wonders for the AI.

Hmm...why would there be a total strength in numbers, like 8000 men in the sample division, as well as 10 mp signified? Reinforcement? Experience? I must think on it a while.

Just thought of a question, since you can build between 1 and 4 brigades per division are you in away only building brigades.

Could I start production runs of infantry divisions composed of only 1 brigade and then combine them afterwards into larger divisions. Of course this could be done with every type of brigade.

It was possible to move brigades around in previous games just beginning to wonder if this will be possible in HOI3 .

Modestus said:
Just thought of a question, since you can build between 1 and 4 brigades per division are you in away only building brigades.

Yes and no, your 1 brigade division is really just a brigade yes, but since the smallest unit on the map is a division it is (in game terms) understrength "division".

You can actually use up to 5 brigades/division depending on you doctrines, according to Johan.

As for adding & subtracting brigades, Im really hoping we can do this but as of yet no answer...

Piggy said:
Yes and no, your 1 brigade division is really just a brigade yes, but since the smallest unit on the map is a division it is (in game terms) understrength "division".

You can actually use up to 5 brigades/division depending on you doctrines, according to Johan.

As for adding & subtracting brigades, Im really hoping we can do this but as of yet no answer...
So... 1 infantry division in HoI2 equals to a division with 4 infantry brigades in HoI3?

Status
Not open for further replies.