• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's Alpha, I expect their using EU3 icons as placeholders.

Yes, the icons are EU3 ones, and in base EU3 there was no Jewish religion (since no province in EU3 during that time period had a Jewish majority). So for now a placeholder is being used, which I am sure in the fullness of time before release will be corrected by the good Paradox developers.

King did say it was an early screenshot of an early screenshot, so exceedingly alpha.

If pops are no longer a fixed size what is the deal with different ideologies/issues within each pop?

Wouldn't it be less confusing to split dissidents into a separate pop with different ideology/issue?

Or perhaps the opposite. Why don't you merge all catholic dixies into one pop and just change the ideologies/issues composition?

why create yet more lines of data when you can have the data condensed into one line with a data point shown of the split by ideologies and issues. My guess is that if you hover over the pie charts or click on them, you'll get a full snapshot in detail of what the various breakdowns are within pop.

You wouldn't want to have too much condensing, hence having each workforce type be a separate line, plus it would be hard to see which issues were affecting which classes if they were all bundled into one pop. I think this system gives the right balance of detail, without having to create too many lines of POPs to scroll through for each state or province.

Really love what you are doing with the POPs and the fact that OHgamer helps is great news.

My questsions:
1. Will we have some filters to short the POPs so we can get more information about what is going on in every state?
2. What are the "Su" "Ev" and "Lu" columns?
3. The literacy of the cleric POPs is 10%. Since they are now a kind of teacher POP shouldn't they have 100% literacy? it's a little strange to have illiterate teachers.
4. Is there a way to get information of what the POPs are changing to and how fast in this screen?

Really love what you are doing with the POPs and the fact that OHgamer helps is great news.

My questsions:
1. Will we have some filters to short the POPs so we can get more information about what is going on in every state?
2. What are the "Su" "Ev" and "Lu" columns?
3. The literacy of the cleric POPs is 10%. Since they are now a kind of teacher POP shouldn't they have 100% literacy? it's a little strange to have illiterate teachers.
4. Is there a way to get information of what the POPs are changing to and how fast in this screen?

You can filter by POP types, by state, by province, there are tool tips for the rest and thesetups are not complete.

w000t!

Long Live the Little Computer People!:)

God, I can't beleive there were some that wanted to replace the POPs with just a bunch of charts. POPs are the SOUL of Vicky games, they really bring the game alive for me and it's good to see much yearned for things like auto-promotion will finally be implemented.

It would be cool though if they looked different depending on the nation/continent and tech level they were in, or something to give them more nation-specific character.

And because I still remember the first time a POP bit me (rebel popped up and did some damage to my plans, I looked into it and saw the POP that had spawned the column still sitting in the province, waving the old red-and-black and telling me "pluck you fella") I hope the various rebel types will also have distinguishing features, so that indigenous tribal warriors look different from communist partizan's for example.

Huzzah for POPs!

Will the issues of some POPs be more important than others? For instance, the issues of Aristocrats VS the issues of slaves.
And if yes, how is the weight of the issues calculated and is it modable?

this is looking to be one of the best interface King. :)

Interface is soemthing we are putting a lot of effort into. To be frank here if Victroia 2 was simply Victoria but with a reworked interface I believe we would have a better game straight away. If we want you to run your country and take advantage of everything the game offers, you need to know what is going on. Anything we add after that, well that's a bonus.

Its written clearly on the screen twice.

I too would preffer to see the POPs as a teeming mass. Nothing like the thrill of scrolling down past long lines of them because there are so many,(specially playing China, or a free-market full-citizenship Uruaguay by 1880+) but also nothing like the drag of having to do so to manage them. If only there was some happy medium.

Wait a minute, I just checked the image again, and it is still the case as Vicky 1, but looks alot easier to manage. I take it you can sort by the column headings now for instance... (size, nationality etc)

So far so good, how you tax your POPs and how you spend your state money influence what your people become. However we felt there was more to POP promotion than this. Just think what Oklahoma Land Run of 1889 where the government didn’t just alter taxation and spending but got people to move somewhere and become farmers.
Yay, we're famous!

Speaking of Oklahoma, I'm not even sure how far this is allowed to go, but will there be mechanics to simulate what happened to the American Indians?

Just to say how incredible the interface looks! Everything is clear and accessible! I can't describe how excited I am!

Anyone know what the little head symbol next to the rebel flag is though? I'm trying to logically work it out but I can't :confused:

No POP splitting, there is no need. Productivity is directly linked to POP size, so splitting a POP down will not give you any extra output. Secondly there is a trickle effect on promotion so only a small number of farmers will decide to become something else at any given time, so again no need to split for promotion purposes either.

Won't it have side effect of having huge POPs changing from one class to another all the sudden when conditions "tick"?

Somehow I imagined that POP promotion in case of huge POPs will spawn new, smaller POP of new class (people that left their previous occupation to start new work), with old POP getting a bit smaller.

I assume it's not the case and in late game big POPs will change their type as a whole, not partially? Similarly, assimilation to dominant culture is going to happen to the POP as a whole, or can it happen to part of it (that gets separated/moved to other POP with same culture+religion+type combination)?

Also, I assume demotion of POPs (like cappies and others losing their status and such) is still possible via the policies?

Won't it have side effect of having huge POPs changing from one class to another all the sudden when conditions "tick"?

Somehow I imagined that POP promotion in case of huge POPs will spawn new, smaller POP of new class (people that left their previous occupation to start new work), with old POP getting a bit smaller.

I assume it's not the case and in late game big POPs will change their type as a whole, not partially?

Also, I assume demotion of POPs (like cappies and others losing their status and such) is still possible via the policies?

no POPs promote through a drip effect. So the promotion is through a gradual process. It is more like migration in the old victoria.

Will the issues of some POPs be more important than others? For instance, the issues of Aristocrats VS the issues of slaves.
And if yes, how is the weight of the issues calculated and is it modable?

I suppose that would depend on the political system. With voting rights based on wealth, the issues of Aristocrats would matter more than the issues of slaves. With universal suffrage, not so much. That much was already implemented in V1.

Other than that, Aristocrats (and other wealthy POPs) should certainly spawn more powerful rebels, simply due to having the means to arm themselves. I hope this has been accounted for. Or, some other kind of ability to cause disproportionate malarkey.

no POPs promote through a drip effect. So the promotion is through a gradual process. It is more like migration in the old victoria.

Awesome.

Same with culture change (like becoming Yankee, German or Russian), I assume?

Also, if small, same type+culture+religion POPs exist in same province, I assume they will get automerged, with weighted average of their MIL/CON/issues/wealth? Or do they stay as small POPs next to each other?

I suppose that would depend on the political system. With voting rights based on wealth, the issues of Aristocrats would matter more than the issues of slaves. With universal suffrage, not so much. That much was already implemented in V1.

Other than that, Aristocrats (and other wealthy POPs) should certainly spawn more powerful rebels, simply due to having the means to arm themselves. I hope this has been accounted for. Or, some other kind of ability to cause disproportionate malarkey.
No matter the political system, the more money you have the more sway you'v got in the real world.
Imo the cash reserves of a pop should effect its influence on the dominant issues.

King, what do you say about this?