• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks interessting, but that screen you showed is purely for information now? No direct involvement from the player at all?

One thing I really loved with Victoria1 was how I could make it my goal to send all Poles to the Caribean and just might manage to make that happend. It was hillarious and very satisfying to succeed in such goals. I like to think the Poles were happy too.

Its very true that micromanaging took way too much time as the game progressed, though. I see how many people would be frustrated by that. Will be interessting to see how you manage to weight control vs. micro-managing.

So will Pop splitting still be in (hope not), or did I miss something?

Why don't you use the david star for jewish POPs?

And btw, are atheists included or are they handled as issue like in Vicky. After all the 19th Century was the early rise of atheism along the intellectuals.

So will Pop splitting still be in (hope not), or did I miss something?

No POP splitting, there is no need. Productivity is directly linked to POP size, so splitting a POP down will not give you any extra output. Secondly there is a trickle effect on promotion so only a small number of farmers will decide to become something else at any given time, so again no need to split for promotion purposes either.

The U is Unemployment.
Ha, thanks! And it seems that those catholics are not in a good situation...

Its written clearly on the screen twice.
Yes it is - can I suppose we'll be able to see the same statistics we're seeing here for each state in particular and for the Nation as whole also?

---

About the other abbreviations, Rel, Mil, Con, Ideo Issu and RR are clear, but what about the three columns with "X"s? Some kind of "reform check", maybe? And "Ch" seems to be something related to population growing or immigration...

Also, what is the "outlawed" issue that 28% of the population are concerned about? All the others are familiar, but that seems to be new...

That'll be slavery, oddly enough a large percentage of slaves are not in favour of slavery. :)

Also, what is the "outlawed" issue that 28% of the population are concerned about? All the others are familiar, but that seems to be new...

It must be about Slavery, as there is the same % of POPs with "Outlawed" as issue and of "slave" pops.
EDIT: oh, King answered it already, .p

and for each province as well.

Yay, great - I love these fancy statistics :D

Half the dev diary is about what's wrong with vic1, it would be nice with some info on what's in vic2. ;)

Nice to hear about the "trickle effect", so that we won't have big pops changing all at once.

How does unemployment work? It's a percentage. If a part of a pop can be unemployed, does that mean that parts of a pop can work in different factories? No need to assign workers anymore?

Half the dev diary is about what's wrong with vic1, it would be nice with some info on what's in vic2. ;)

Nice to hear about the "trickle effect", so that we won't have big pops changing all at once.

How does unemployment work? It's a percentage. If a part of a pop can be unemployed, does that mean that parts of a pop can work in different factories? No need to assign workers anymore?

Yes a single POP can work in different factories.

oddly enougth only 28,0% are against slavery, while you got 28,1% slaves.

Still: is atheism a religion or an issue in Victoria II?

Atheism is an issue.

Well some slaves think full citizenship is important, while those conservative slaves....

That spreadsheet looks wonderful. A drop down menu that shows national, state and province population at a glance and composition chart of each level (I presume). Heaven for a statistics nuts like me.

I presume getting the balance right of auto promotion is going to be work of trial and error? A good idea and reassuring to make promotion logic moddable.

Will factories still require the same space for employing either 5 pops that are 500,000 people and 5 pops that are 20,000 people?

Well factories employ people not POPs, so if a factory has space for 500,000 people then it has space for 500,000 people regardless of how many POPs this is.

The U is Unemployment.

Incredible. I have no words, it's really really good what you're making with POPs (the multiple ideology per POP is great too).

About the other abbreviations, Rel, Mil, Con, Ideo Issu and RR are clear, but what about the three columns with "X"s? Some kind of "reform check", maybe? And "Ch" seems to be something related to population growing or immigration...

The three columns seem to me the three POP needs coverage (SUrvivance-life, EVeryday and LUxury needs).

CH seems the 'change' of POP size (increasing or decreasing).

Congratulations again, King