• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That spreadsheet looks wonderful. A drop down menu that shows national, state and province population at a glance and composition chart of each level (I presume). Heaven for a statistics nuts like me.

I presume getting the balance right of auto promotion is going to be work of trial and error? A good idea and reassuring to make promotion logic moddable.

Modability is there for two reasons. Partly for easy of balancing during development but also because what ever we do we won't please everyone, so peole can play around with these to thier heart's content.

So the numbers of atheist will skyrocket and drop according to the ruling party again. bummer.

Ok, you got me there king :rolleyes:

When it comes to issue selection we are in the process of giving POPs basic logic for the selection of thier issues. Athiesm is currently not a heavily weighted issue, we feel that religion was not as key an issue as it was during EU3 say. Secondly it is more driven by the religious status of the POP, religious minorities see the virtues of an athiest state much more than those of the state religion. However these things will be tweaked as we go on.

good thing that the taxation is not the only way to influence pops. question though..will the other way be more direct? don't have to be specific if u want.

Yeh, if you selection for national focus is give me farmers in state X, then that is what it does.

When it comes to issue selection we are in the process of giving POPs basic logic for the selection of thier issues. Athiesm is currently not a heavily weighted issue, we feel that religion was not as key an issue as it was during EU3 say. Secondly it is more driven by the religious status of the POP, religious minorities see the virtues of an athiest state much more than those of the state religion. However these things will be tweaked as we go on.

That's good to hear ....err....read.

Another question: I noticed in the diplomacy button there is a star and a scroll with the number 0.00. What does this represent?

That'll be slavery, oddly enough a large percentage of slaves are not in favour of slavery. :)

Ah - might it be better to change it to "Abolitionism" so it's more readily apparent what it refers to?

:D "Outlawed" sounds more like it's relating to Jesse James or Robin Hood...

I don't know, I actually liked splitting down POPs and promoting them manually though I do think that the splitting and merging should be able to be done fully manually (that the player also determines the numbers) rather than the old system did. One aspect I felt I am really interested about is the factory working issue. Glad to hear factories do not have fixed slots for POPs anymore. Does that mean expanding a factory-if the feature did exist-means you are increasing the factory space to allow more workers?

And I do support the ability to sort the provinces/states (alphabetically, by number of factories, by number of provinces, etc.)

Last edited:
Great DD. Must say that the interface looks amazing (in this screenie a the very least). Everything is completely clear (though, from only a brief look, I haven't worked out all the columns) and it looks easy to get all the POP info you could ever want from a quick glance. Kudos to you Paradox.

I don't know, I actually liked splitting down POPs and promoting them manually though I do think that the splitting and merging should be able to be done fully manually (that the player also determines the numbers) rather than the old system did. One aspect I felt I am really interested about is the factory working issue. Glad to hear factories do not have fixed slots for POPs anymore. Does that mean expanding a factory-if the feature did exist-means you are increasing the factory space to allow more workers?

And I do support the ability to sort the provinces/states (alphabetically, by number of factories, by number of provinces, etc.)

As King said, splitting POPs would be pointless because production is now directly proportional to the size of a POP. They also no longer promote (or become unemployed, change ideology etc) in entirity. It would seem that POPs are now more like container units of populations of the same nationality, religion and occuption within a single province.

In that sense, am I correct to assume POPs will no longer have a maximum size?

As King said, splitting POPs would be pointless because production is now directly proportional to the size of a POP. They also no longer promote (or become unemployed, change ideology etc) in entirity. It would seem that POPs are now more like container units of populations of the same nationality, religion and occuption within a single province.

In that sense, am I correct to assume POPs will no longer have a maximum size?

They do, but it is quite a lot. I think it is 1M but don't quote me on that.

It would seem that POPs are now more like container units of populations of the same nationality, religion and occuption within a single province.

This is how it looks, and I absolutely love it. Instead of opening a pop list in a province and seeing 7 different farmers of the same religion and nationality, the new system should really tidy things up.