[Dev Team] Niven update (2.1.0) Released [checksum 01a9]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sometimes the Fleet Manager shows a yellow Arrow-up on a fleet, think this show that an upgrade is available for that fleet, but i can't upgrade this fleet. Its not possible in the Fleet Manager and not on the Fleet. When that happens, the Fleet Manager shows incorrect numbers of ships 0/33. Other Fleets can upgrade all Ships.
When i research a new technology and the ships get an auto upgrade with this new one, i can upgrade the ships and in the Fleet Manager and its all correct.

Make sure there are no event ships in the fleet.

Dear PDS,

I have not played this game for while, because I it was in my opinion a bit bland after 4-5 games. Coming back after a couple of patches and dlcs, this game is nothing short of fantastic! Thank you for you ongoing development. You've taken Stellaris to a new level.

Greetings Phelan

So, I do not dislike the way the galaxy now spawns, but the fact that clusters of systems spawn with chokepoints now, seems to favor certain builds and certain galaxy shapes, ie spiral, more than others.

Now onto my own observations, for the short time i have played 2.1, aside from Out of Sync issues of course.

1, Fog of War: While the fog of war is a nice concept, kinda reminiscent of SoTs (Sword of The Stars), i feel that it should be either toggleable, or show more clearly where clusters terminate in dead ends and where they connect to other clusters. I don't know how many times i have built an outpust at a system at the end of a cluster, only to discover it was a dead end.

2, New hyperlane/map spawning: Again, a nice concept, but has its own issues in my opinion
a) Many a time i have found myself boxed into a cluster by an enigmatic fortress on one side and a fallen empire on the other, while it would be a simple issue to resolve for the player, ie turning off fallen empires, the galaxy would be a boring place without them.

b) Precursor/other quest chains: I and others i regularly play with often find ourselves not able to discover a substantial amount of signs of precursor stuff anywhere near our space empires, or elsewhere for that matter.

What with the addition of the L-gates, and the fact taht they lead to a cluster of stars seperate from the main galazxy, i find myself anticipating future uses of the concept, ie having a galaxy/map that is formed of many clusters of stars that one must travel through the l-gates, or such to reach. Or even the L-gates possibly leading to the galaxy the Scourge comes from, perhaps letting the Hunters they are running from into the galaxy or such.

Anyways it is nice seeing new anomalies and not mocking my scientists fascination at discovering gas giant is actually a barren planet, for the 567th time.

Also, started a random empire game to get a feel for the new stuff, got Fanatic Spiritualist Authoritarians, am now planning to go full psionic god-king with my chosen one and become Space-Persia.

Noticed the problem with fog of war. Once you start contacting aliens, it doesn't always reveal systems adjacent to aliens.

Which means that sometimes not only does auto-explore stop working, I can't even directly queue order to explore a new system, I need to send my ship to the edge of fog of war, then maybe it reveals more connected systems. Which is the kind of micro I feared.

I don't know how many times i have built an outpust at a system at the end of a cluster, only to discover it was a dead end.

That doesn't sound right, you can see several nodes ahead just with a science ship surveying the planet. Do you realise you can tell whether a node is connected to others by looking carefully to see whether there's hyperlanes going into the fog? That should be enough to figure out whether you're building towards a dead end or not.

That doesn't sound right, you can see several nodes ahead just with a science ship surveying the planet. Do you realise you can tell whether a node is connected to others by looking carefully to see whether there's hyperlanes going into the fog? That should be enough to figure out whether you're building towards a dead end or not.

You can, but you shouldnt have to carefully observe every possible system that could connect to other clusters in order to discover if they do or not.

Additionally, that may be true, but sometimes the dead end systems i speak of can appear to connect to or overlap with the hyperlanes of other clusters, atleast in the short time i have played the games i have with 2.1 and such.

In my current game, I've encountered one trinary star system with no hyperlane connections at all. And since it's not on the network, it's not possible to even see its name, the experimental science ship jump drive can't reach it, and I'm not sure if it'll be reachable once I research Jump Drive.

In my current game, I've encountered one trinary star system with no hyperlane connections at all. And since it's not on the network, it's not possible to even see its name, the experimental science ship jump drive can't reach it, and I'm not sure if it'll be reachable once I research Jump Drive.
I've been told that system is somehow "special".

I believe this system is a unique event system, there should be a wormhole nearby that can reach it.

I haven't played that far into the new patch yet, so this isn't a solid opinionyet, but onfirst inspection I don't like the look of the new hyperlane system. It creates too many chokepoints and the glaring problem that stands out to me, is that I thought one of the purposes of the 2.0 combat system was to make it harder for giant blobs to defend their borders in a natural way, whilst tighter "tall" empires could build in such a way as to almost guarantee station backup in event of an invasion. Wel from the looks of it, even wide empies can work it so that they only ever have to defend 2 or 3 chokepoints now and have no downside defensively. Will correct myself if I turn out to be wrong here (and may trya game with increased hyperlane generation to see if that helps) but it feels like there's much less of an actual decision in where you want to expand because you will almost always be able to end up with an effective chokepoint no matter what.

You can, but you shouldnt have to carefully observe every possible system that could connect to other clusters in order to discover if they do or not.

Additionally, that may be true, but sometimes the dead end systems i speak of can appear to connect to or overlap with the hyperlanes of other clusters, atleast in the short time i have played the games i have with 2.1 and such.
That's interesting. In my experience I don't have to look carefully. Wether or not they are dead ends or not is clearly shown to me.

Playing a multiplayer match with three other friends. We're only about 2 hours into it and we've already had two desync issues. Other than that the changes are really awesome and we are enjoying the game.

2.1 update, Anomaly no longer fails.
English:
upload_2018-5-26_19-25-41.png

Polish:
upload_2018-5-26_19-27-22.png

(failure risk -25%)
Please at least inform players, that Polish translation contains serious mistakes.

Maybe it was changed but not good enough.I just started 1.61 and 2.1 versions to compare.In 1.61 for starting fleet of 3 corvetes and couple civilian ships upkeep is 0.77 (which seems logical for handfull of small ships) and in 2.1 that upkeep is 1.95(which is huge increase in minerals and probably power since at start you have tiny,tiny fleet).I started a game with as much as mineral boosting and consumer cost cuting traits as posible(except being egalitarian because then i couldnt play as autocracy) and still have trouble 35 years ingame to get mineral income over 40..