[Dev Team] Niven update (2.1.0) Released [checksum 01a9]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe it was changed but not good enough.I just started 1.61 and 2.1 versions to compare.In 1.61 for starting fleet of 3 corvetes and couple civilian ships upkeep is 0.77 (which seems logical for handfull of small ships) and in 2.1 that upkeep is 1.95(which is huge increase in minerals and probably power since at start you have tiny,tiny fleet).I started a game with as much as mineral boosting and consumer cost cuting traits as posible(except being egalitarian because then i couldnt play as autocracy) and still have trouble 35 years ingame to get mineral income over 40..
there are also in general a lot fewer ships so each ship has increased upkeep in order to make up for it. also now energy upkeep is ~1/2 of the mineral one.
and if you're struggling to get 40 after that long, play a few more games and work on different tatics.

Like to report an issue, cant find a bug report forum anywhere, and google search/site search for one puts me on some Roman game i dont care or own.

Anyway, issue is I got an event without starting it. The Uncontrolled Mutation Negative event from the Ancient caretaker Fallen Empire.......
I have them as a contact but havent heard or had a word from them since.
No request, no offers, no nothing but them sitting in there pretty zone of control, and not bothering me, til i get this.

So why am i getting this event if i never talked to them to get it in the first place?

Can they now just go around messing with races without even talking to or asking for consent?

Like to report an issue, cant find a bug report forum anywhere, and google search/site search for one puts me on some Roman game i dont care or own.

Anyway, issue is I got an event without starting it. The Uncontrolled Mutation Negative event from the Ancient caretaker Fallen Empire.......
I have them as a contact but havent heard or had a word from them since.
No request, no offers, no nothing but them sitting in there pretty zone of control, and not bothering me, til i get this.

So why am i getting this event if i never talked to them to get it in the first place?

Can they now just go around messing with races without even talking to or asking for consent?
if you haven't already, you have to register your game/steam with this site and it will unlock the bug reporting subfourm. here's a link on how to do that
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...team-account-to-sync-your-owned-items.894506/

If that's not working you should try contacting an administrator and they'd be happy to help.

and to answer your quest about that event...sounds very bugged to me

Wow, you must be fun at parties.

Anyway, anybody news when the rolling beta for 2.1.1 is going to come out? Any news concerning the addition of the new Subjugation system? I want to start a new playthrough as pacifist and it would be of massive help to have it in place, perfect moment to test it through and through.

Why aren't other moons like Calisto colonizable
Probably just for the sole reason of annoying you, just like they delayed the announcement of Vicky3 for the sole reason of annoying me. Those guys are Paradox are a bunch of jokers, real comedians. ;)

Btw: Thanks for adding the naturally more dominant binary and trinary systems like you should have done when you first decided to do the game, after all there are 100x more binary and trinary stars in the real galaxy than there are solo stars, our solar system is a rarity, not a rule. And on the subject of accuracy, where are over half the moons that should exist in Sol, where's Pluto, Eris and Charon? And also why is there no Kuiper Belt (like the asteroid belt but at the edge of the solar system)? Why isn't there a Moon planet class that is colonizable (since The Moon, not Luna, is a target of human expansion in our current age)? Why aren't other moons like Calisto colonizable based on current readings of surface composition? These are just a few of the glaring inconstancies that I have noticed from my High School science class to this game, seems a bit strange none of that was included.
You know, there is more than 200 natural satellites in the solar system, 5 dwarf planets, and I'm quite outraged because you forgot the Oort cloud.

You know, there is more than 200 natural satellites in the solar system, 5 dwarf planets, and I'm quite outraged because you forgot the Oort cloud.

Haha I didn't forget good old Oort, just didn't want to get too carried away with things, my post was getting a bit long.

Lets don't forget that Jupiter itself has no less than 63!!! moons in various shape and form and size and orbit etc...

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jupiter's_moons

Also jupiter's ring bands can speak for itself.
Jupiter is amazing but most of those satellites are barely bigger than a house, essentially most are just asteroids locked in orbit, I think of a moon as a satellite with enough mass to create a measurable gravitational field, like oir own Moon (known to naming authorities as The Moon and not Luna) which has enough mass to be comparable with a dwarf planet.

The good part is I'm glad others know a little about our home system, everyone should learn this stuff, or you end up with people not even knowing that Earth has a second moon the size of a football field. ;)

Great job as usual!

I am curious about the new galaxy lane generation system, I'll be testing it myself in the evening but can someone take screenshots of example 1.0x and 0.75x hyperlane density galaxies? The problem before was that the 0.75x was very labyrinthine while 1x didn't have enough chokepoints, I'm wondering what setting will be 'optimal' this time.

I found when this hyperlanes density came out, any setting from 1.0 and above made the entire galaxy regardless of map type like a spiders web, it was absolutely impossible to impose choke points on a neighbour, because there were just a ridiculous amount of ways into your space, I run it 0.5 density, and I find this is the only way to play with choke points. You may not see them until you've explored a little, but they are there.

@Wiz In my MP games since 2.1.0 launched, I have encountered a significant amount of lag, effecting game play, causing the game to freeze several times. It was not present ingame prior to this DLC/Client update. I am aware, that prior to the DLC launch there were issues with MP syncronization, this is still a problem, as my MP counterparts are constantly getting kicked from the game due to being 'Out of Sync', and this issue happens, every 90 to 120mins of game time.

Can you look into the mechanic regarding new contact with empire...where you get the pop up window introducing the new empire, followed by a larger window where you can sometimes have different greetings for that empire. Don't know about anyone else, but myself and my MP counterparts are getting instances, where the little window does not leave the screen upon selecting it every time. This means that at times, I can greet a new empire mutliple times because the windows will not despawn and there is no option on the window to close it relying on the game to close it for you. My record so far is saying hello to the same empire NINE TIMES before the window removes itself from the screen. When you have instances of multiple empires being found because of communications with another empire revealing their location, it gets really irritating saying hello to multiple empires, multiple times. This problem pretty much started for me with Apocolypse, but then it would only stay on screen for 2 or 3 greetings, but it is now getting absolutely ridiculous. One of my MP players told me the other day, he said hello to an empire FOURTEEN times before the window left the screen.

Also noticed a few issues with Distant Stars additions. When you goto a curator to ask them about the new leviathans, the curators have absolutely no information on them, up to now, I know this is an issue with the Tiyanki Matriarch, I personally havent seen the other new additions in my games to know if they are also not listed on the Curators 'Mysteries of the Galaxy' listing.

I am also aware that in my games, the Scaling feature, makes the AI useless completely. They never pose a challenge at any difficulty setting. I have run games with Scaling turned on, and the AI is a walkover, turn the Scaling off, and some of the AI empires are a challenge,

Have to complain though about the games interpretation of the difference between Pathetic, Inferior, Equivalent, Superior and Overwhelming. Because in a recent game I had a neighbor whos empire was listed as Equivalent to me, with Superior Fleet power, Equivalent Naval Capacity, Equivalent Technology. My naval capacity was 200 of 275, I expected the AI fleet to be around 275ish....give or take. My 2x 100 naval capacity fleets, amounted to approximately 11k and 10k firepower respectively, The neighbor declared war on me...He was running around with 2x fleets, one at 29k firepower, and the other at 25k firepower.... How are these 'Equivalent' to my combined 21k? Upon tallying up the fleet points, he had a naval capacity of 435, How is that equivalent to 275. Anyone with a brain can see that is Superior borderlining on Overwhelming.

I think it is time you changed this rating setting, to work something more realistic. Yes your empire has spies who keep track of enemy fleet movements and formations, to keep track of whether and opponent has a superior or inferior military than you. In my opinion it clearly needs a rework. It simply needs to say, this empires fleet is bigger than yours, or smaller than yours, because this Equivalent reference, means DIDDLY SQUAT. Some people may be thinking, I have kicked a superior fleets backside with an inferior fleet, So have I, however, I have the intelligence to know that if I am planning to invade an opponent whose fleet the game tells me is supposedly on similar levels to me, and a combined fleet of 54k comes at me, when I have 21k, something is WRONG with the mathematics algorithms

When you see that an opponent has an Equivalent force to you, you can expect it to possibly be 50ish naval capacity bigger than you...but being outnumbered, 3-1 is not a Equivalent match up, thats you waiting to get spanked.

a game started without any DLC, then continued on another PC with utopia and leviathan dlc activated cant be continued on the first pc without any DLC. Is that intended?

a game started without any DLC, then continued on another PC with utopia and leviathan dlc activated cant be continued on the first pc without any DLC. Is that intended?

Yep, that's how it works. You'd need to deactivate the DLC's on the second computer if you want to be able to go back.

I have the 2.1.0 update and this thread graphic says it contains free content, so what is the difference between the Niven update and the Stellaris: Distant Stars Story Pack? What is in the update and what is in the DLC?
From what i've seen, the DLC is the L-cluster, new event systems, similar to the old Sanctuary, 3 new Leviathans and a significant number of new anomalies.

The Niven update contains reworked anomalies, adjusted Strategic Resources and, most importantly, new galactic map generation with hidden lines.

Ffor some reason class M Red Giants are not showing up in my games
screenshots
screenshots
screenshots

I just played this version for the first time, went into a war where i out gunned the defending force by 5 times, broke thier moral by 10 times them, was a hundred troops stronger then them, the planet beat this army hands down plus the extra 500 points of men i fed into it, how is anyone supposed to play a game where the stats are bogus, somehow in this war that i controlled most of his territory decimated his fleets totally and everytime get a fleet of 6000 from nowhere from. i dont get this ability. i cannot generate the needed credit from systems to do that espeically if ihave taken out the strongest bases how can they. this was supposed to be a great strategy game but if from everything i can see that i am going to hands down win a battle and desperately lose it how is this so??? I really really desire an answer to this after spending so much money for a game that does not remotely live up to this.