DespairBroken - Dwarf Fortress in an Evil / Haunted biome. Now with rains of blood!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oooops.

DB_053.jpg

Turns out that the Aquifer was, in fact, two layers thick. Fortunately, I was super-paranoid (as usual) and had already set up a flood control wall to isolate the work area before I started mining, so only the work area was flooded. The miner escaped unscathed.

and that is why I hate aquifers with a passion.
As I said, nobody was hurt and the uncontrolled flooding was confined to a single room. That's why I built the wall and door BEFORE starting to dig for ore.

DB_054.jpg

Choppy, choppy!

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I've got to say this a surprisingly peaceful game. :p
We're only in our second year. The nasties don's usually show up until the third or fourth year. Even later if they have a hard time reaching your fort.

We're only in our second year. The nasties don's usually show up until the third or fourth year. Even later if they have a hard time reaching your fort.
Well we all assumed things would be... different... in this haunted/evil biome. I had expected at least some hauntings!

Reactions:
Just wait until someone or something ends up dying in the haunted side. Depending on its characteristics, it might end up with some real entertainment. Or the start of a necrobacon industry.

Remember, it isn't an evil embark until someone gets strangled by reanimated hair.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Dwarf me