• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thats a buttload of English qwit you have there! Jolly well done, my ol' chap.

Now, kick them Froggies where it hurts. Nothing is fair in war & love, ye'know?

PS: If you annex Denmark, I will drink all Earl Tea I can get my hands on.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Now finish this one. :D Finally a WC attempt I can follow. :p

Grundius said:
Good start.
In my "current" game as Englang, playing AGCEEP 1.42, I early on waged war with Portugal, vassalized them and then used their knowledge of the world to attack Songhai and the like, pagans then, and annex them. You get an additional border in BB-wars, but after some converting you'll be having quite a number of additional anglos under your command early on. Plus the CoT in Timbuktu. Unfortunately, iirc in vanilla Songhai is Muslim from the get go, so that may no be an option. However, the African nations south of Songhai surely are.

The thing Ive never liked about facing those African troops early on is they just seem to have massive killer armies, for some reason Ive always preferred to stay out of Africa at least until Ive got land 9, also thats when I got some colonial cities around the place - for making transportation of troops easier...I'll think about it (presently 1469), I also like to attack Portugal for maps, though I usually wait alittle and let them explore some more :D

The Danish King said:
Thats a buttload of English qwit you have there! Jolly well done, my ol' chap.

Now, kick them Froggies where it hurts. Nothing is fair in war & love, ye'know?

PS: If you annex Denmark, I will drink all Earl Tea I can get my hands on.

Aye, the qwit comes in handy like, cheers...frogs hurt bad...hopefully not much longer for this world.

Im guessing you cant get your hands on alot of Earl Tea? :rofl:

SunZyl said:
A...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Now finish this one. :D Finally a WC attempt I can follow. :p

I am still doing Norway, update by weekend, this is alittle more easy like, just making some decisions on what avenue to go with Norway (writing wise) - its all getting abit silly really.

Brit1doh.jpg

We make seperate peaces with both kingdoms. France coughs up cash and all their territory except Champagne, while Lorraine agrees to a white peace (so our vassal Brittany can annex them : D)

Brit2doh.jpg

We waited a couple on years for war exhaustion to go down, now we throw out a little bait and see if we get any bites - remember our army aint that big, so someone may fancy themselves : D).

Brit3doh.jpg

We hooked one, though its only a small one.

Brit4doh.jpg

Aragon doesnt put up alot of a fight.

Brit5doh.jpg

Yay, thats more like it, 40,000 cavalry begins to mobilize in England to counter this new threat.

Brit6doh.jpg

Woah, jolly good show! We hooked a big one...a further 20,000 cavalry make preparations in the southern provinces of the empire (Old French territories).

Brit7doh.jpg

Cavalry diplomacy is delivered to Burgundian lands, while our enemies catch cold and die.

Brit8doh.jpg

Schools, hospitals and roads gain a major boost as all loot is funnelled into public infrastructure, much rejoicing is had by the peasants in England, three cheers for the thieving English armies, hurrah, hurrah, hurrah.

Brit9doh.jpg

Catching cold for the second time round : D, while the evil warmongering Aragon is silenced, they wont be making war on us again.

Brit10doh.jpg

Wurtenburg made great gains against us, however, its the alliance leader we are interested in.

Last edited:
Brit11doh.jpg

This war has been quite a drain on our treasury, damn Burgundy made a good show of it a times and killed alot of our cavalry, so we had to go shopping for more, it was expensive.

Brit12doh.jpg

Meh, it would have been handy if they knew of the Aztecs. Still, were early enough and they havent got any new cities, only a few small colonies and trading posts.

Brit13doh.jpg
Brit14doh.jpg

Three o'clock, cavalry fodder.

Brit14dohb.jpg

The Mighty English Empire. Castile was a real pain in the arse on the peace table, relentlessly refusing 'good offers', rebels were getting me mad so I had to peace rather quickly once the war was won. Nonetheless they and Portugal have been weakened, Portugal wont be building much more overseas without two thirds of their country : D.

Brit14dohc.jpg

War of the roses event increased revolt risk on the island and rebels were beginning to cause some headaches.

Brit15doh.jpg
Brit16doh.jpg

We still have some BB to burn, so we will probably drop the infantry in our army to entice some other kingdoms to make war. Navarra is still in our alliance, so we can try to vassalize/diplo annex them to increase BB further.

Basically from here we want to colonize Africa/South America and then try to break the BB limit temporarily, so we can shed the African colonial cities and gain some more European cities and perhaps some vassals (we can always get the African cities back later). Then we stay under the BB threshold, gain infra 5-mayors, some pagans (hopefully Aztecs), then research land heavily, some trade, couple small wars perhaps as BB goes down....we'll see...

Wow; I never realized that synchronized looting could be so effective in supporting…more synchronized looting.

Oh, and destroying France. :D

I see too many men in this AAR :D. Nice conquest of Spain. On the Africans: they can indeed present much hassle. You need to bring massive cavalry there and be prepared to lose nearly all of it to attrition.

Very nice so far. I'll definitely be following. :)

SunZyl said:
This is really good work. Keep it up. ;) Sad about the Aztecs, nasty BB.

Cheers, now I have turned on the exploration messages, so I will know when Port finds them :D , I have Aristocracy at 10, it was the first slider I moved, originally from 8, so BB should drop a point every three years or so (havent calculated it though)

Fulcrumvale said:
Wow; I never realized that synchronized looting could be so effective in supporting…more synchronized looting.

Oh, and destroying France. :D

After the first major war with France/Aragon I cant really be bothered sync looting, preferring the loot to trickle into infrastructure, so inflation doesnt increase.

Duke of Wellington said:
Very good fast growth there. I'm pleased to see women represented in more appropriate proportions :) Some odd locations of nations there. Algiers in Iberia is a good one. I like the term cavalry diplomacy and you seem to be quite effective at it.

The growth will soon slow down. Appropriate proportions :confused: , whats unappropriate about women with a big bosom? I mean I dont want to ostrosize them, they too are part of the female community and deserve some representation.

Cavalry aka Gunboat diplomacy, yeah I like to think Im pretty effective with cavalry, though York lost alot in battles he should have won...22k cavalry with York vs 15k infantry and 10k cavalry on plains should be a sure thing imho, but he took huge losses and lost several times in similar circumstances.

Grundius said:
I see too many men in this AAR :D. Nice conquest of Spain. On the Africans: they can indeed present much hassle. You need to bring massive cavalry there and be prepared to lose nearly all of it to attrition.

Cheers, yeah attrition in Africa is very high, couple of crt's make all the difference, light a fire cracker and 1000 Africans run for the hills.

VILenin said:
Very nice so far. I'll definitely be following. :)

Cheers, glad to have you aboard.

Before I continue, I just remembered I forgot to mention the fate of Provence, basically they were turbo inherited and no BB was received for their provinces, I knew it was coming, I was there and just didnt attempt to avoid it.

west1.jpg

Several hundred ducats later...and Navarra accept our protection service.

west2.jpg

After shedding all our infantry (only 8k) and losing some cavalry to rebels forces, now only 45k total. Denmark fancies themselves and brings some nice allies to boot. We dont mind taking Danish lands, because the more future Protestant lands we have, the more we can convert back to Catholic sooner : D.

west3.jpg
west4a.jpg

west5.jpg

Freshly recruited cavalry make their way to the land of our new vassal.

west6.jpg

Nothing particularly significant about this pic : D, except the Danish fleet was sunk with all hands : D.

west7.jpg

Theres something deeply satisfying about fighting and enemy on home turf on the turn of the month.

west8a.jpg

And fighting on enemy territory from the beginning of a new month. Edward loses the battle, though lost only 3k of cavalry...Auvergne was left with 7k of infantry : D.

west9.jpg

Oh goodie, more French territory.

west10.jpg

A wad of new cavalry are trained immediately to combat this new threat, now superior English forces comprise of 115,000 heavy cavalry.

Last edited:
Hehe, that' what you get from being a warmongerer. I'd go for Flandern, Champagne, Bourgogne and the forcevassalisation of France.

Just a question as I never read your other WC attempt with England... Is this game going better than that one or worse?

Well... quite a fast expansion. The AI dows are facilitating the things to you.

Leumatiello said:

The ai is making things easier for you to avoid the BB. You are making good, nay excellent, progress and the opportunity to strip Austria of territory is just too good to be true.

Brilliant! This is looking good. I've never done a WC (failed about 5-6 times) but now...I'm thinking about it...Good luck.

Humiliate Austria and you have already won the game. You have crushed all major powers of any consequence to England and with Austria as vassal, you would have a nice fat piece of bb to go over the threshold with when you diplonnex them to trigger the BB wars :D.

SunZyl said:
Hehe, that' what you get from being a warmongerer. I'd go for Flandern, Champagne, Bourgogne and the forcevassalisation of France.

Just a question as I never read your other WC attempt with England... Is this game going better than that one or worse?

Hey!!! Im no warmonger, we are a peaceful nation, we only declared war once when we were young, we advocate peace by reducing our military capability hoping others nations will follow suit so that we may all enjoy a peaceful existence. However, these vultures, these wolfs, these cannibals of upright kingdoms insist on war and prey on our good and honourable intentions. Therefore we must fight them on the beaches, the sea and in their cities, they must not prevail, we will defend ourselves to remain free... :D

Better, in that we have more land for same BB, except that land was very rich (in cots and gold), but created some problems, because of the extra borders.

Leumatiello said:

Yes, people mentioned to me before about reducing army size to make war more appealing for the ai..."look weak", ai dow, build army to combat them :D

Chief Ragusa said:
The ai is making things easier for you to avoid the BB. You are making good, nay excellent, progress and the opportunity to strip Austria of territory is just too good to be true.

Aye. As you will see in the first pic in the next update Ausria had a quite a large army, I would have been confident if I was Austria :D

SirruShan said:
Brilliant! This is looking good. I've never done a WC (failed about 5-6 times) but now...I'm thinking about it...Good luck.

Cheers, I will be glad when I have just done one, then my EU2 gaming will be complete.

Duke of Wellington said:
You're certainly pregressing very fast there. Handy to get all those ai DOWs on you to save BB. By appropriate proportions I meant the ratio of men to women was improving.

Aye... :D I think I'll forget the 'proportion' discussion :D

Grundius said:
Humiliate Austria and you have already won the game. You have crushed all major powers of any consequence to England and with Austria as vassal, you would have a nice fat piece of bb to go over the threshold with when you diplonnex them to trigger the BB wars :D.

We are English, therefore the game is already won before we started! Austria is going to need alittle more time before we vassalize them (they put up a reasonable fight and rebellions were affecting my kingdom, so peace was desired), in the past games Austria has been more than willing to make plenty of dow's, their time shall come. I do think diplo annexing a large vassal will be the way to kick off BB wars, Austria sounds like the perfect choice, a large Poland-Lithuania would also be nice :D .

Last edited:
1atwab.jpg

Known Austrian armies at the beginning of the conflict.

2twab.jpg

4 squadrons of the Royal fleet work in and out of Vorpommern's harbour, blockading Danish troops while supplying their own.

3twab.jpg

A looting patrol entices Bohemia into the English alliance...they will be useful in drawing away Austrian and Polish armies from English territories : D.

4twab.jpg

Never...ever...attack a large cavalry unit with Norfolk in charge, on a plain, from across a river...or your butt will be served to ya, tally ho!

5twab.jpg

It is good to be English...once more. We made a seperate peace with the alliance leader Mecklemburg for Hannover first, before agreeing to Austrian etc terms, rebellions were beginning to get annoying again, plus Austria still had plenty of troops, so thought it best to take what we could. Denmark had already ceded Gotland and Skane.

6twab.jpg

Vassalized Scotland, French vassals coughed up gold and we made a seperate peace with France for her land and gold. We chose not to vassalize France in the hope that Navarra would annex her, they didnt...perhaps next time...

7ywab.jpg

We were just below the threshold when 'scandal at court' happened to us...so we had to release vassals, we chose Wales and Cornwall because they are cores and there will be no nationalism when we diplo annex them later.

Richard the 3rd came to the throne 22 days later with a better diplomacy rating : (.

8twab.jpg
9twab.jpg

Last edited: