• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What plan would you follow for Portugal?

Id reckon something like this (vanilla 1.09):

- Conquer Castille + Aragon, so no Spain to contend with.
- Vassalize Austria and France, plus another (post-EoT) annexable great power.
- Colonize Africa, conquer - if possible - some Pagans there (at least get Ivoria CoT)
- Meanwhile, discover the America's. Colonize and conquer all the Pagans there.
- Vassalize England and The Netherlands, taking as many of their colonies as possible without going over BB-threshold.
- Ally with the largest four vassals, butter up to the one left out, pause, annex the biggest vassal, ally the one left out, unpause
- BB Wars until victory, meanwhile annexing vassals.

Sound plan?

Im not sure yet....though Im thinking along the lines of

-start trading from the get go

- mass looting of English and Burgundian lands...Flandern from Burgundy / vassalize England in the end.......possibly include France in it (dont know yet, may be too much)

- Seek and destroy Aztecs early....try to explore Incas early also

- Toldeo off Castile (possible more), though not to disrupt their events with Andulusia. (at sometime)

- Colonize Carribean sugar provs early on and build some early refineries

- Alexandria off Mameluks

- Gain some more European territory as seen fit

- Vassalize major Catholics

- diplo annex Spain...not sure about this, they may need to be reduced in size first.

........Basically try to tech reasonably fast.....colonize rich provinces.......expand in Iberia......vassalize......diplo annex and then on to BB wars and world domination....probably would be a latter world war, when manpower is reasonably increased...(yeah, not really much different to your plan :D )

thats my thoughts so far...... :)

I was wondering if England would break away later when they become reformed - or is their no such possibility in vanilla? In agceep they become reformed along the way, and it's my experience that's pretty much the end of any vassalization...