Darkest Hour - Dev Diary #32 - Casualties Tracker

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, is 10,000 personnel == 10 manpower?

Does that mean a 1939 tank division now only costs 8 manpower since it contains 8000 personnel?

each category has its own reinforcement rate right? how about for instance stuka's for the majority damaging hard targets in a div and arty good at anti personell. This is modelled in as hard and soft attack but the damage is spread out over the whole division. Just a thought that popped up.

only total inflicted not individual
Ah well, to have everything would be greedy. Still a good feature to try and log where the manpower holes are. (Looking at KR France)

each category has its own reinforcement rate right? how about for instance stuka's for the majority damaging hard targets in a div and arty good at anti personell. This is modelled in as hard and soft attack but the damage is spread out over the whole division. Just a thought that popped up.
I think that there are no gameplay changes in that regard. You just damage the unit's STR, there is no separation of materiel and personnel as far as the combat system is concerned. Of course, this is sth that we have been dreaming about for years, so maybe someday... ;)

Looks very promising. How about current combat, has there been any modifications? In 1.02 planes and brigades are complitely waste of ic. I think it is huge issue that cavalry brigade takes more ic-days than heavy armor brigade.

I can certainly say that 1.03 will be a great improvement to an already great game!!!

Looks very promising. How about current combat, has there been any modifications? In 1.02 planes and brigades are complitely waste of ic. I think it is huge issue that cavalry brigade takes more ic-days than heavy armor brigade.

Combat system changes have been addressed in an earlier DD (link added to the current DD).

Will 1.03 add any new event based upon these new possible triggers of equipment lost?

I think we used it in some surrender events, not sure though.

menu.png

when you think you're an expert at Darkest Hour... (not really):mellow:

Are size of divisions of different nations editable? Let's say, Germany has 100 personnel in an inf division, while SU has over 9000? Will the percentage based strenght remain as an effective number in game?

You could add dots per 3 numbers, otherwise it would be hard to read very large numbers (like on the linked image: 1384889 -> 1.384.889)

I had to think on Making History by Muzzy Lane...

If you annex an country e.g Poland as Germany - are you capture some equipment? In reality Germany made use of the polish and french equipment.