Darkest Hour - Dev Diary #32 - Casualties Tracker

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There's actually a lot of history there. I first wanted horses be removed but Eric, Martin, Andrea and the rest of the team wanted very bad to keep them. So I quit.
And then, playing the game made me feel more sympathetic toward horses. I saw the 'War Horse' movie recently and then read some articles about how the Wehrmacht even at its best still used horses to carry equipment.
So at the end of the day, although it seemed funny to me at first, I kinda like having horses as an equipment. :) It makes sense and it's cute. :)
It's not like it can't be modded out anyway.

You quit over horses? Man, that's dedication.

Is there an easy way to implement decimal marks? Numbers like "13946285" would be much easier on the eye written like this "13,946,285" (English style) or this "13.946.285" (German style).

There's actually a lot of history there. I first wanted horses be removed but Eric, Martin, Andrea and the rest of the team wanted very bad to keep them. So I quit.
And then, playing the game made me feel more sympathetic toward horses. I saw the 'War Horse' movie recently and then read some articles about how the Wehrmacht even at its best still used horses to carry equipment.
So at the end of the day, although it seemed funny to me at first, I kinda like having horses as an equipment. :) It makes sense and it's cute. :)
It's not like it can't be modded out anyway.

You serious? srsly?

I don't really get what the argument was. You didn't want horses in there because it's cruel for them to be blown up? You didn't want horses in there because you didn't believe they were used in the war? Horses make you sick so you wanted them out of the game?

The "And then, playing the game made me feel more sympathetic toward horses. I saw the 'War Horse' movie recently and then read some articles about how the Wehrmacht even at its best still used horses to carry equipment" line actually makes it sound like you hated horses and didn't want them in the game because of that, but grew to like them when you saw movies and read about them.

I don't really get what the argument was. You didn't want horses in there because it's cruel for them to be blown up? You didn't want horses in there because you didn't believe they were used in the war? Horses make you sick so you wanted them out of the game?

The "And then, playing the game made me feel more sympathetic toward horses. I saw the 'War Horse' movie recently and then read some articles about how the Wehrmacht even at its best still used horses to carry equipment" line actually makes it sound like you hated horses and didn't want them in the game because of that, but grew to like them when you saw movies and read about them.

It's likely penis jealousy. We all share this.

Looking at the equipment stats in Lucifer's 1.03 beta AAR thread (post #45), at a point when Germany has 8 MOT and 5 LARM divisions, with no ARM divisions, their equipment is listed as having no L Arm but 1196 Arm. I hope this is going to be corrected to show more light tanks and fewer regular ones for that mix of divisions?

Also, some questions about what's included in the casualty stats:

If a division is overrun (eliminated because its line of retreat goes into enemy-controlled territory), will its personnel and equipment be counted in the casualties?

How about for divisions which are surrounded and eliminated when they have nowhere to retreat to--will the casualty count include just the combat casualties, or the entire division?

What about the losses units take when out of supply?

So if I surround a division and let it dwindle away to nothing without assaulting it, will I be recorded as inflicting the same casualties as if I were to attack it and force its destruction?

Would surrounded units taking casualties due to lack of supply count as casualties received for the owner even if they don't count as casualties inflicted for anyone (after all, multiple nations' forces may be surrounding them)?

It's more related to the previous DD, but I couldn't find it (search feature could use a bit more polish).

As we are getting new brigades, what modifiers could they have? For example, can I create a medic brigade, which adds several percent trickeback modifier for a specific brigade? Can I create a hacker/radio brigade which adds/removes intopt them/us chances?