• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
At the very least they got the number of Waddenzee islands right, unlike HoI3. The latter gives you that distinct 'Ikea' feeling: when finished you're left with a couple of nuts and bolts (or in HoI3's case: three islands I haven't the foggiest which they should represent, even discounting the small, uninhabited ones). :rolleyes:

We have to remember, especially in the case of Finland, that if there are too many provinces, small nation such as Finland will be unable to build enough divisions to defend herself.

This game needs a sisu factor so we can represent awesome Finnish fighting skills in extreme conditions even when badly outnumbered and outgunned. :D

Btw this may be slightly off-topic, but has anyone else noticed that always in German maps from post-WWI up to WWII, the pre-Versailles borders were always also drawn, but in a lighter border colour shade than the current borders. I've heard that the Weimar government never actually accepted the border changes (despite signing the Treaty of Versailles). Does anyone have further knowledge on this?

This game needs a sisu factor so we can represent awesome Finnish fighting skills in extreme conditions even when badly outnumbered and outgunned. :D

Btw this may be slightly off-topic, but has anyone else noticed that always in German maps from post-WWI up to WWII, the pre-Versailles borders were always also drawn, but in a lighter border colour shade than the current borders. I've heard that the Weimar government never actually accepted the border changes (despite signing the Treaty of Versailles). Does anyone have further knowledge on this?
Well, they did accept the western border changes at Locarno (and northern Slesvig. But then, everyone accepted northern Slesvig, including Hitler), but the eastern border was deliberately unmentioned there.
Oddly, despite that, there actually were negotiations regarding Eupen-Malmedy, but I guess that when both parties are open to a revision there is no problem with ignoring a provision of a previous treaty.
Yeah! Oerebroe is just silly, Örebro is right!
Less so than Orebro.

I keep seeing 1871 borders (in their entirety) in those maps too though, for example in the one Dutchemperor linked.

I keep seeing 1871 borders (in their entirety) in those maps too though, for example in the one Dutchemperor linked.
Well, the linked-to map seems to have it for historical reasons - it describes it not as 'German-claimed territory', or anything like that, but 'Old German border'... hm, actually, the linked-to map is also not Weimar Republic - it is stated as coming from 'ca. 1935'.
But as to why (Er... if, I must admit, as I haven't seen it myself) Weimar Republic maps post-1926 kept doing so, I cannot say. They did accept Alsace-Lorraine, Eupen-Malmedy and North Slesvig, that much is certain.

Sevilla province

I noticed in the map that Sevilla province (474) has been stretched to give it sea access.

I can assure you we don't have any sea around here, so it looks like an error to me.

the map while beautiful is quite small compared to IC.. :( Not just some parts of Europe, but for example northen border of Mexico, also Finish-Soviet border, Baltic States-Soviet borders. I think idealy 1 province should be the largest area that 1 division is capable of securing, which is what, less then 50km?

the map while beautiful is quite small compared to IC.. :( Not just some parts of Europe, but for example northen border of Mexico, also Finish-Soviet border, Baltic States-Soviet borders. I think idealy 1 province should be the largest area that 1 division is capable of securing, which is what, less then 50km?

Adding too much provinces will likely screw up the AI and eventually there will be peole complaining about the AI because of too much Provinces.

I understand your feelings, but we have to keep the balance, although i would like to see a bigger map ( and bigger mapsize ) too.

We need to include the microstates (would have to be expanded just like Malta and Gibraltar)

Also, would there be no limits to making our maps?

Adding too much provinces will likely screw up the AI and eventually there will be peole complaining about the AI because of too much Provinces.

I understand your feelings, but we have to keep the balance, although i would like to see a bigger map ( and bigger mapsize ) too.

Actually the IC guys told that this is not the case, both the AI and game performance are not influenced and the game acts as in Hoi2.

EDIT.
The team played one week in mp to prove the AI and management of the map.

A automation is not necessary, I proved many times, and the control of the new map is easy.

Now, I think that the adjustment division/province is more realistic. For example, you will need use corps of 1 or 3 divs to do barbarrossa (more realistic).

With this map, corps of 12 divs is crazy. The player must do movements and corps more specialized

and
In the tests that we have make the game's behavior is very good. No difference with the original HOI2.
Anyway, If your game was slow with the original HOI2 will be also slow with Iron Cross, we do not do miracles ... yet :) But the fact of having 4000 new provinces does not mean that the game go slower.

Last edited:
We need to include the microstates (would have to be expanded just like Malta and Gibraltar)
On the contrary, the microstate are totally useless and it's good that they are not there. Zoomed provinces are cool, but are in the middle of the sea/ocean. Where would they put a country like Liechtenstein for example?

On a second note, just ignore inland microstates.

Only coastal microstates(Monaco) and microstates w/ some considerable distance to the sea (Vatican City and San Marino) should be included.

Also, will a Paradox-sponsered map editor be included?

Last edited:
On the contrary, the microstate are totally useless and it's good that they are not there. Zoomed provinces are cool, but are in the middle of the sea/ocean. Where would they put a country like Liechtenstein for example?

Well, actually microstates have a role as well, since attacking them (they having no military and dubious economical value) should increase the belligerance/badboy level. But, this function indeed is definitely very small, plus, belligerance/badboy system in Hoi2 wasnt really well made anyways. Hoi3 with the "Threat level" is better in this. A micro state that though should be in, because it is specific and did play specific role is the Vatican. Having League of Nations as either international organizations (like HRE system in EU3) or in worst case - have it as a microstate would be also very good :rolleyes: