• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm not sure if I should write here...
There is such a problem, I am trying to make a small mod for myself. But I dont understand where are triggers for the creation of bloodline and the birth of a character.
For example: I want a 25 year old prince to appear in year X, while he must create bloodline after his death - he and his descendants must create a bloodline. This is somewhat similar to William de Normandie and his bloodline.
Any ideas?

How to increase Crown Authority to Absolut to unlock Imperial Administration? Right now the voter stuck at 82/196, I don't know how much % I need for the law to pass.

I tried to bribe everyone who have more than 4 votes (majority only have 2 vote, Count level), but they are more than happy to receive my money without even vote. I even give some empty duchy (Duchy without dejure Counties) to some Duke and now he made it his primary title instead of destroy the title and didn't even vote.

I don't have Conclave DLC, only 6 first DLC + Reaper Due.

Do someone need more than 60 opinion to vote the law?
As you are experiencing, it is much more difficult to pass law changes without Conclave. IIRC, you need 50% of the votes (in the event of a tie, the liege breaks the ttie), which means you need most of your realm to love you.

Try holding events (eg. grand tournament, furisayya, feast). Try to acquire good traits (eg. those that give +opinion) and lose bad traits. Boost your diplomacy stat as much as possible (eg. artifacts, wife, chancellor skill). If you have enough patience, there's a "long reign" opinion modifier that increases by 1 every year after about year 5. If you have WoL, the carousing focus can help you make friends with your vassals. Similarly, if you have M&M, fellow members of your society will like you more. As a very final step, bribe the last few holdouts (do this last because the opinion gain only lasts for a few years).

I'm not sure if I should write here...
There is such a problem, I am trying to make a small mod for myself. But I dont understand where are triggers for the creation of bloodline and the birth of a character.
For example: I want a 25 year old prince to appear in year X, while he must create bloodline after his death - he and his descendants must create a bloodline. This is somewhat similar to William de Normandie and his bloodline.
Any ideas?
It would probably be better if you asked this question in the modding subforum. It sounds like you need to edit the history file somehow, but I can't really say any more than that.

I should know this but it's been a few years since I formed an empire. I rule a small tightly organized kingdom I should be happy with but have an outside shot at forming Britannia in a generation or so. What laws can I expect to have on formation?

I am also assuming vassal obligations are the same as they are for my demesne only, and will be keeping Papal Investiture (playing the good Catholic for the time being).

Succession: My Kingdom is Agnatic-Cognatic Elective, I assume I will also keep this?

Crown Authority: Am currently at Medium, I am assuming the new empire will be lower. Will it be Limited, or Autonomous Vassals?

Centralization: I am at High, will I keep this? Also as an aside, does my High Centralization benefit my Duke and Count level vassals for their demesne limits?

Did Catholic heresy like Lollard can still appear even though Catholic has 100% MA?

Why some of my Duke change religion to Orthodox? I have 2 Duke, 1 in Africa (Duke of Jerid), 1 in Egypt (Duke of Damietta) who became Orthodox, yet the one who bordering ERE land like Duke of Syrte (Africa) or Duke of Panaetorium (Egypt) who bordering Cyrenaica (ERE in Africa) stay Catholic.

As you are experiencing, it is much more difficult to pass law changes without Conclave. IIRC, you need 50% of the votes (in the event of a tie, the liege breaks the ttie), which means you need most of your realm to love you.

Try holding events (eg. grand tournament, furisayya, feast). Try to acquire good traits (eg. those that give +opinion) and lose bad traits. Boost your diplomacy stat as much as possible (eg. artifacts, wife, chancellor skill). If you have enough patience, there's a "long reign" opinion modifier that increases by 1 every year after about year 5. If you have WoL, the carousing focus can help you make friends with your vassals. Similarly, if you have M&M, fellow members of your society will like you more. As a very final step, bribe the last few holdouts (do this last because the opinion gain only lasts for a few years).
As you can see, my char have 0 bad trait, +14 opinion from artifacts alone, yet most of the voters don't give a f**k, especially vassal of my vassal (count with 2 vote).

When I implement Imperial Administration, did my vassal need to vote again?

How to make event where I can unlock new Holding? Palermo have 7 holding (1 event come from where I can buy new holding, not through Great Works event), the other neighboring county (Siracusa, Girgenti & Trapani) only have 4-5 holding.

What Great Works that I need to build? Right now I have Magnificent Gardens (Palermo), Royal Palace (Siracusa), Ruler Statue (Girgenti) & Grand Cathedral (Seville), need 1 more for Trapani.

Attachments

• Hispania.jpg
    Hispania.jpg
    517,5 KB · Views: 0
What Great Works that I need to build? Right now I have Magnificent Gardens (Palermo), Royal Palace (Siracusa), Ruler Statue (Girgenti) & Grand Cathedral (Seville), need 1 more for Trapani.
Great University can help buff your ruler's stats with the additions. :) The province needs to be at Tolerance 3 (which is not likely a problem in 1305).

As you can see, my char have 0 bad trait, +14 opinion from artifacts alone, yet most of the voters don't give a f**k, especially vassal of my vassal (count with 2 vote).

Yep, you'll need to use events (preferably ones that give bonus opinion to multiple/all vassals) and bribery. Boosting your personal diplo stat to 20ish would also help a bit (but might be impossible for this character - maybe next generation?).

When I implement Imperial Administration, did my vassal need to vote again?

Yes, your vassals need to vote on every law change.

How to make event where I can unlock new Holding? Palermo have 7 holding (1 event come from where I can buy new holding, not through Great Works event), the other neighboring county (Siracusa, Girgenti & Trapani) only have 4-5 holding.

There are two ways to get new holding slots:
  • If a great work feature(not stage) is completed while you are at peace, an event will fire in the province, allowing you to buy a new slot.
    • This can only happen once per province.
  • If a province is your "crown focus" (requires a DLC) and has received lots of prosperity events after hitting prosperity 3 then you will be offered the opportunity to buy a bonus for the province. One of those bonuses is an extra holding slot.
    • I believe that it is theoretically possible to get more than 1 new slot this way, but it's pretty unlikely. (EDIT: This possibility was confirmed below. And the reason I say that multiple extra slots is unlikely is because there are many possible bonuses, so "luckily" getting the bonus you want more than once is fairly unlikely, unless you're willing to wait for a century or so.)
    • Also, gaining prosperity is a lot slower in non-capital provinces because there are a large number of events that "increase prosperity in capital". This means that adding slots in non-capital provinces is VERY slow.

• City Walls give a massive boost to levies, good for a province where you personally own multiple castles. (I always build the big walls and lots of castles in my capital.)
  • Library can in theory give you some really nice books, but I've never personally got the event. (Maybe rather rare?)
  • University directly boosts your personal stats. Very nice. Especially if you make lots.
  • Both the Library and the Univeristy "inspire learning", which means that autogenerated holy men have much better stats.
  • Multiple gardens are nice, because of the health boost.
  • Gardens are the best at increasing disease resistance (+10% vs +3% from hypocausts), making them a strong alternative choice for your capital if you don't want city walls.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:

Finally passed Imperial Administration. Beside vassal limit +25 & free revocation Duke title, I didn't find something wow, except my vassal hate me more (increase CA -10 for 5 years, Absolut CA -30, Imperial Administration -10, total -50). Fortunately I made new save, if I don't like it I can just go back to old save.

Just curious, if I revoke some Duke title, it give him -60 opinion, will he fight back (rebel/revolt) or he suck it up and move on?

So I can retract vassalage from some Duke too, and no one will object?

One thing I confused, Kingdom of Andalusia & Sicily still use their own law, while Kingdom of Aragon use Empire of Hispania law, why is that? Can I revoke title from some Duke in dejure Kingdom of Sicily or only dejure Empire of Hispania?

Attachments

• Hispania1.jpg
    Hispania1.jpg
    509,6 KB · Views: 0
I should know this but it's been a few years since I formed an empire. I rule a small tightly organized kingdom I should be happy with but have an outside shot at forming Britannia in a generation or so. What laws can I expect to have on formation?

I am also assuming vassal obligations are the same as they are for my demesne only, and will be keeping Papal Investiture (playing the good Catholic for the time being).

Succession: My Kingdom is Agnatic-Cognatic Elective, I assume I will also keep this?

Crown Authority: Am currently at Medium, I am assuming the new empire will be lower. Will it be Limited, or Autonomous Vassals?

Centralization: I am at High, will I keep this? Also as an aside, does my High Centralization benefit my Duke and Count level vassals for their demesne limits?
So to answer my own question, when you create an empire the laws are essentially copy/pasted from your primary Kingdom title:

Took me a while and it wasn't pretty, but I finally did it:

4DC58871B46703C16C6F258A7AC915DA9436008F

• 1Like
Reactions:
So, Unreformed Germanic Pagan faith can achieve 100% MA without Religious Head (Fykir)? Without Holy Fury DLC, what the advantage to Reformed Germanic pagan faith? Can I change succession to Primogeniture?

Right now I'm stuck with Low CA (without Reformed), and I didn't hold any Germanic Holy Site.

Just curious, can I cut ties with everyone in Britannia? If I can conquest Mallorca & Sardinia and made it my demesne, I want to move on from motherf**ker in Britannia who almost overthrown me (Faction Prince X for Ireland, 120% faction power excerpt the motherf**ker forgot to hit send Faction demand button, give me time to bump up my retinue from 4K to 7K and now every motherf**ker just dissapear from Factionism), and just reside in Mediterania.

What I mean I want to cut ties with Empire of Britannia, and keep Mallorca & Sardinia. The motherf**ker can take all Britannia.

In just 3 generation (right now grandson of Halfdan of Jorvik), I'm left with just Jorvik county from 4 county in Jarldom of Jorvik, even I don't have Jarldom title.

Attachments

• Jorvik.jpg
    Jorvik.jpg
    498,4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reformation

Among other stuff, you'd get Holy Wars, getting a duchy at a time instead of just a county (well, provided you can beat the entire faith), as well as Great Holy Wars once Crusades or Jihads have been unlocked. They're the same, but target an entire kingdom, and have a 30-year cooldown. As Germanic, you become Fylkir, choosing the target of GHWs. :)

Being reformed pagan is also a requirement for feudalising, republicanising and raising authority in general, such as Tribal Organisation and Crown Authority.

On the flip side, you loose the Pagan Subjugation CB. Remember that the defenders in religious wars, such as [Great] Holy Wars, can be joined by anyone of their faith, often making them harder.

Independence

So, once you have an equal-tier title in the mediterranean, you should be able to get rid of everything up north: Infidels and people outside your title first, then give your old main title to somebody. (But do check up on the details of the last part!)

"Motherf**ker"

Finally, please don't censor. If you don't want to swear, don't. Noone will think less of you - in fact, some of the people you want to impress will think higher of you.

If, on the other hand, you want to swear ... bloody fucking swear already... Just don't censor - free speech is important!

I just started and finished a legendary journey with the followers of otso, my character and society leader already got his bloodline, but when do the others gain theirs?
I had 2 brothers and 2 sisters with me in the society of which 2 were heroes. One died in battle the other got captured and mutilated. Do they and the other hero member who survived too gain their bloodline?
P.S what's strange to me is no one has made a kill during the journey, is that like a prerequisite for a bloodline?

I just started and finished a legendary journey with the followers of otso, my character and society leader already got his bloodline, but when do the others gain theirs?
I had 2 brothers and 2 sisters with me in the society of which 2 were heroes. One died in battle the other got captured and mutilated. Do they and the other hero member who survived too gain their bloodline?
P.S what's strange to me is no one has made a kill during the journey, is that like a prerequisite for a bloodline?
AI heroes often "chicken out", either never departing or returning home early. (You may recall that you had those same options during your journey.)

If you want to check whether they are still on their journey, you can look for the relevant character modifier (a green icon with "on a journey" tooltip, IIRC). If you've already returned, they should have either returned already ("chickened out") or they'll be finishing very soon.

You are only awarded a bloodline if you win all of the 5-6 duels; or if you die in the last one. (Maybe also the second-to-last one, but I'm not certain about that.) If you "chicken out", no bloodline. If you die too quickly, no bloodline. (I've never seen someone get captured as a result of the journey, but I assume it's the same - no Bloodline.)

Overall, it's pretty rare for the AI to be competent enough to get a bloodline. Even one AI bloodline is a cool event to be treasured :-/

Last edited:
Reactions:
AI heroes often "chicken out", either never departing or returning home early. (You may recall that you had those same options during your journey.)

If you want to check whether they are still on their journey, you can look for the relevant character modifier (a green icon with "on a journey" tooltip, IIRC). If you've already returned, they should have either returned already ("chickened out") or they'll be finishing very soon.

You are only awarded a bloodline if you win all of the 5-6 duels; or if you die in the last one. (Maybe also the second-to-last one, but I'm not certain about that.) If you "chicken out", no bloodline. If you die too quickly, no bloodline. (I've never seen someone get captured as a result of the journey, but I assume it's the same - no Bloodline.)

Overall, it's pretty rare for the AI to be competent enough to get a bloodline. Even one AI bloodline is a cool event to be treasured :-/
okay, so ive been playing with my save files and reloaded a bunch of times. Never did a hero leave the journey early, but sometimes I got an event that a hero fought and died or got imprisoned resulting in no Bloodline. Only once my sister killed someone and thus got a bloodline (for one kill), even before I finished my last battle. It's just weird how the AI doesn't have to do the same as the player

So, Unreformed Germanic Pagan faith can achieve 100% MA without Religious Head (Fykir)? Without Holy Fury DLC, what the advantage to Reformed Germanic pagan faith? Can I change succession to Primogeniture?

Right now I'm stuck with Low CA (without Reformed), and I didn't hold any Germanic Holy Site.

Just curious, can I cut ties with everyone in Britannia? If I can conquest Mallorca & Sardinia and made it my demesne, I want to move on from motherf**ker in Britannia who almost overthrown me (Faction Prince X for Ireland, 120% faction power excerpt the motherf**ker forgot to hit send Faction demand button, give me time to bump up my retinue from 4K to 7K and now every motherf**ker just dissapear from Factionism), and just reside in Mediterania.

What I mean I want to cut ties with Empire of Britannia, and keep Mallorca & Sardinia. The motherf**ker can take all Britannia.

In just 3 generation (right now grandson of Halfdan of Jorvik), I'm left with just Jorvik county from 4 county in Jarldom of Jorvik, even I don't have Jarldom title.
As a Pagan can you restore Stonehenge?