• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I read the patch notes but I saw no mention of a fix to the issue that was introduced with 2.4.5 causing the top liege to be treated as having a temporary title when fighting a civil war (allowing him/her to select "become <councilor>" ambitions and making them unable to select basic diplomatic options). This bug was posted long ago.

I read the patch notes but I saw no mention of a fix to the issue that was introduced with 2.4.5 causing the top liege to be treated as having a temporary title when fighting a civil war (allowing him/her to select "become <councilor>" ambitions and making them unable to select basic diplomatic options). This bug was posted long ago.

Pretty sure that's covered among:
- Whole lotta fixes on major revolts

Reactions:
Ding ! Found it (in Conclave devdiary4)

A lot of things like
- people keeping the major revolt after a revolt was invalidated,
- major revolt turning vassals loose when failing instead of giving them back to their original liege.
- major revolters becoming independant when they lose a province in another war
- or worse: the liege becoming a major revolter against one of his vassal when he's trying to revoke a title.
- issues with inheritance of the major revolt titles
There are probably more, as we have fixed a lot of these weird issues with major revolts.

Reactions:
@Moah
While you are here, will the load order for localisation files be changed again to how it worked before or will it rather stay the way it is now ?

Tedious change for modders as it's now.
See also: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/2-5-1-mod-localization-ignored.905667/

The change caused some irritation, also if it will stay this way or not.

I'm basically asking for the german translation improvement mod (Deutschkorrektur) .....and all the fallen localisation modding angels..so that they know.
Just asking.

Last edited:
So question from patch notes from 2.5.5.0.

"Mercenaries and event-spawned units will no longer reinforce unless specifically set to"

How do we specifically set Mercenaries to Reinforce?

Reactions:
So let me get this straight, I'm now encouraged to tax my noble vassals more heavily, and get my levies from my mayors...
OR am I not seeing something here?
This is a feudal sim right?

So let me get this straight, I'm now encouraged to tax my noble vassals more heavily, and get my levies from my mayors...
OR am I not seeing something here?
This is a feudal sim right?
No, nobles would prefer to hold onto their troops for other reasons. So increasing that value isn't in their best interests, however cash isn't typically their primary concern.

Mayors would rather keep all their money because they are mayors, so increasing troops and lower taxes is in their best interests.

Raising taxes of Mayors or levy requirements of Nobles is against what they would prefer, so it is harder to increase those laws, when those particular members are on your council.

Reactions:
No, nobles would prefer to hold onto their troops for other reasons. So increasing that value isn't in their best interests, however cash isn't typically their primary concern.

Mayors would rather keep all their money because they are mayors, so increasing troops and lower taxes is in their best interests.

Raising taxes of Mayors or levy requirements of Nobles is against what they would prefer, so it is harder to increase those laws, when those particular members are on your council.

This.

It was common in the later Middle Ages for many feudal nobles to commute heir knight service into a cash payment (scutage) so they couldn't be dragged away from their homes and castles at inconvenient times. This suited the lords just fine - they could then use the money to hire out the mercs they needed, or if no warn was in progress or pending they could pocket the change.

The cities on the other hand were more than happy to raise a levy in lieu of taxes - if it's one thing that cities have in spades it's an urban poor in need of work. Of course moving from irregular part time feudal levies to drilled city levies wasn't without it's issues, thus the heavy reliance upon mercenaries and masses of pike and pole arm troops in the later period.

And of course it was all the necessary downsides of mercenaries (if you don't pay them they don't go home, they go feral) and conscript foot led to the formation of the first regular permanent regiments in Europe since the Roman Legions.

Reactions:
Romans usually opened their consuls with daggers, you could try that.
What consul was "opened with daggers"? Gaius Julius Caesar did not hold that office on that Ides of March (he was dictator at the time.)

What consul was "opened with daggers"? Gaius Julius Caesar did not hold that office on that Ides of March (he was dictator at the time.)

Hardly any - a mere whimsical aside, without (m)any original sources to back it up! But as Rags17 mentioned above, Q. Fabius Maximus Gurges, father of Verrucosus, seems to have been killed while in office by a mob of Volsinians (Dio Cass. 10.42). L. Cornelius Cinna was killed in his fourth consulship by his own mutinous soldiers in 84 BCE. As for Caesar, he was both a consul and a dictator for 44 BCE.

That said, if ex-consuls are not discounted, we're on a firmer ground. And since the consulship did not stop with the end of the Republic, there is plenty of examples of emperors-as-consuls killed in office.

Last edited:

He was consul too in this year ;) Togeter with Marc Antony. After this death Publius Cornelius Dolabella take his seat as consul.

Reactions:
There is a problem with the Form a Kingdom or Empire decisions. When I form a custom kingdom in vanilla it is initially a part of the de jure empire that already exists.

But when I save and reload the game it is no longer a part of that or any de-jure empire anymore. If I click the form an empire decision at this moment the empire title is titular.

However if I don't reload the game and click the form the empire decision it is not titular but an actual empire title with de-jure lands, reloading the game at this point doesn't cause any further issues that I have found.

Side Question:
If I hold a titular empire title can my kingdom become part of its de-jure territory as i don't see any progress of this on the empire map mode?

There is a problem with the Form a Kingdom or Empire decisions. When I form a custom kingdom in vanilla it is initially a part of the de jure empire that already exists.

But when I save and reload the game it is no longer a part of that or any de-jure empire anymore. If I click the form an empire decision at this moment the empire title is titular.

However if I don't reload the game and click the form the empire decision it is not titular but an actual empire title with de-jure lands, reloading the game at this point doesn't cause any further issues that I have found.

Side Question:
If I hold a titular empire title can my kingdom become part of its de-jure territory as i don't see any progress of this on the empire map mode?

This thread is not for problem reports. Bug report forum is that-a-way.