• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can someone tell me if many of the existing portraits (including the vanilla Western and Arabic portraits) got tweaked to match CrackdToothGrin's style? I remember they were a bit shiny in the past but, they seem to be rebalanced a little to match his style.

Reactions:
Can someone tell me if many of the existing portraits (including the vanilla Western and Arabic portraits) got tweaked to match CrackdToothGrin's style? I remember they were a bit shiny in the past but, they seem to be rebalanced a little to match his style.

No Cracked tooth grin´s potraits got a bit more lighter glare so they look much beter now. instead of other way around.

Reactions:
Ok the good

Love the child education system, just some minor bugs with certain tooltips / or traits not being applied.
But the child focus event is definetly a improvement over the old one, still miss the random events and praise to the court stuff. but all in all Child Education a major improvement.

The mercenary company nice new addition intersting new mechanics sadly not playable (console command or log in log out) too few events.
But all in all quite good addition and source of income. especially it seems bugged to not shorten your raisable levy at all :p (or maybe it is me am used to seeing my levy never hitting the cap with my own system)
I like that replace leader option really nice, but eh... well yeah you get replaced ambitous reset. done. next week you go back LOL
So all in good cause all the negative are bugged or not implemented ;)

Bad

Laws and Rules levy etc.
Well not really a improvement cause by adding more options, we still have the same limitation of years for selecting laws and rules.
The levy and tax should be seperated from laws and rules (if we want to keep this current system) cause changing a law or rule means we can´t change tax or levy.(which is a must for this new AI system)
While at the old one it all worked fine, with addition of new things or expanded option. we are limited into X years a choice example want demesne increase or centralisation 5 years gone.
Oh I want to change council rulings. also years gone. thus this where too many new options added, means less viable options to choice from at start.

Now I prefer levy and tax on there own yearly timer or cooldown, over council and new rules law on seperate cooldown timer. (but that is my feedback)

Shattered retreat
Well enough post about it and also enough feed back about it.

Alliances...
Well I like it but a lot of scenerios are broken cause of the new Alliance system.
Example the AI totally abuse that marriage doesn´t form Alliance, so the Ummayid simply well CB me at start cause they have bigger numbers then me. example old gods.
My Aragon stronghold is simply not holdable anymore. with them declaring war at the King right away. he raise a measy 2.2k (I raise 1.3k own levy to help him as extra, cause he want for absolute rule offcourse as first law change) we beat off the first 4.5 K stack , shattered retreat them.. they come back as 7k stack and game over.
Cause one battle lost am running half way across Asturias or france. and they siege and assault down the Aragon holdings.

Yeah ok... not a big deal but repeat legit attempt all suffered the same fate within first 1 year :D with no help from France at all, (cause CB against the King not me ) one time help from Asturias but they arrive way too late. before the holdings was gone. (and the muslim grown to 11k by that time )

Oh well I still enjoy the game. but it really need to be balanced properly again :p I mean really balance this time ! especially the scenerios cause of the Alliance changes.

All in verdict for mechanics implemented really good.
Execution of balance ... well well lets not talk about it for now ;) cause it would be.... lets keep it polite Punishing gameplay :p

Paradox changing:

Code:
DOW_AGGRESSION_FACTOR = 0.5

to:

Code:
DOW_AGGRESSION_FACTOR = 0.75

1414292703828_zpsqxe02v3h.gif

I've seen some shit though

2016-02-02_00001_zpsbfrefpdz.jpg

Dat Aquatine... dat boldness...

@Groogy is it possible to set dynamic merc companies to reinforce on creation, or can we only do it to the army one at a time?

So I played a few hours on this patch and altho there are a lot of interesting new things I find shattered retreat and coalition system too annoying to play with, especially the shattered retreat thing as for example I have a 10k army against an 8k army I win and they lose like 2k and then they just run around for months and come back every time and it goes on forever, it's just annoying to me. Thing is, if I play on 2.4.5 ironman do I still get the steam achievements or do I have to play the most recent version of the game?

Game now is umplayable.
Infamy work very very... strange. I mean. Vassalization 1 province count in europe, with diplo - give me 31.% and whole world, include islamic countries go to coalition. I mean, is one province is so valuable for World War? It is broken.
The most great was, when i see even better situation: After religious war against islamic country i see coalition with catholic ordens and islamic states and (!!!) Indian Empire! How it can be possible?!

Retreat is also broken. When army from Alexandria retrerat to India... something is not right, really...

How does one turn there army into a mercenary company ?
You assign a military education courtier to organize a mercenary company, you don't turn your army into a mercenary company.

Reactions:
No Cracked tooth grin´s potraits got a bit more lighter glare so they look much beter now. instead of other way around.

Ah, I thought as much. The previously so lovely Persian portraits are now more piggier in their pinkiness, which I do find a bit distressing.