• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Engla-land: 1521-1544

The Age of Queen Elisabeth was as splendorous as everybody can remember -and it has not even finished!-.

England converted all the heretics into the one Anglican Church, advancing the cause of stability and reformation. In Europe, the French government soon destroyed all the Popist heresy and turned back to the times of the first Christians as well, displaying less luxury and more willingness to trade and do good in life, according to the teachings of Jean Calvin, the French-Swiss.

Our armies soon evolved from their previous weaknesses up to the top notch quality of modern requirements for any war. This would be soon be tested. In England, many more weapon manufactories were settled in order to hold an ever increasing army size. Also, to boost prosperity.

Trade increased on the world, with England discovering and settling new lands everywhere.

We went around the world, even if it was not admiral Drake but admiral Frobishcher who did it. The charters of the map are now increasingly less of a mess to us.

We also improved our navy up to modern standars with ships able to move elsewhere, such as Africa.

Diplomatically, we reassured peace in general when it was possible.

In Europe, many wars were fought among others, as we kept neutral.

Yet this neutrality would end when the enormous pressure to avoid a total collapse of the Polstrian Federation in Central Europe would boost agressive powers everywhere, so we needed to intervene. In the negotiations, we were rewarded with 1 cot in SAF to expand our trade, not bad.

In the world, we took most of Australia, bar a rogue German colony installed there just to insult us in the usual fashion. Our colonization was in general slowed down as we had more stuff to do elsewhere, but kept this nice pace.

Rewards:
- 1 aristocracy (move towards plutocracy)
- 1 deflation
- I have 1 faa. No idea what reward corresponds me for this -if any-.

Russia, 1564-1592

Longrageing war had scorched the soil of Russia, maybe we would get some room to breathe.
So before the session, a deal was made with Austria. selling 4 provinces to Russia. of course, Russia didnt like the fact that we had to pay for "our" provinces. But at a reasonable price, they was obtained, it was ceaper than warfare.

The eagerness of the NAP that was inclueded in the deal, made me suspicous. i havnt encountered HAL, willingly selling provinces like this before, so something smelled fishy.
I told the great sultan that a NAP was signed, and warfare against Polstria was not an option. The sultan didnt look happily...
There was real toughts of Russia not helping the Sultan, after a disspute of a province in Asia. A missunderstanding from both sides, had led to tensions between sides. The Tsar firmly thougt it was acts of aggresion, and viewed the Sultan with disstrust.
However, still the Sultan got informed about the fishyness. And an attempt to calm him down, the Tsar offered his services against the king of Spain. seeing how they raided and looted Anatolia/egypt at previous wars.

The disspute over the CoT was resolved and annex by the Tsar, the steppes are all mighty.
After that, 75k men was stationed in Anatolia, with a 455 Gladimir-leader.

War was declered on the Sultan, the Archduke and king of spain joined forces, demanding the hungarian people, freed from islam. Since the sultan had accepted the patchrik in Constantinopel, with great respect, this couldnt go allowed.
To the Tsars suprise, and surly the Sultans. there was no fighting in Africa, nor Anatolia. only balkan, and the combined fleets of Spain/polstria had blocked the bosphorus strait. effectivly making Russian troops useless.

So after the suny resort in Anatolia, the troops went home. and when they arrived, the tsar had a suprise... new weapons every one! The troops was so thrilled, that they wanted more. so the Tsar increased the tax, and taxed out nearly 12k form the people. making 6, brand new manufactories. This will surly help the survival of the russian people.
Colonies was also expanded further east.
With this newly made manufactories, we increased the army. and even increased armysupport a hole lot.

From now on, there was only happy days...we tought. soon war broke out, a hasty decision was made. and troops we rallyed troops all over Eurasia. This time we had the service of a great man, named Yermak. a 467leader. And this time, spain went for Africa. Yermak was sent down with 50k strong horsemen, to fight the legendary Farness. Fights was hard, long, back and forward. But in the end, Yermak prevailed, killing Farness and his armystab.
And thues, securing africa. But Spain switched focus to balkans, and fought hard against with the germans.
the winning ticked was in our pocket, until the duke of Brandenburg decided to join. And after that the king of Sweden and England jumped in, a true worldwar was rageing. The NAP between Russia and Polstria just ended, so an attempt to win was made, assulting all of the boarder to Polstria, and going deeper into the blacksea area, this wasnt enough... the Sultan admited his defeat.
Polstria gained 4/5provinces in 2 wars. England and Sweden also gained a hole lot.
We fought hard and bravely. the Tsar is still licking his wounds, but surly will be on his feet soon again.
Polstria was throwned into a civilwar, the people must have realised that their archduke was an oppresor, not an liberator.

After the war, army was once again, rebuilding. making it near 200k men strong, and more to come.

Ontime+AAR:
1year income to treasury

at -2 quantity you gain(2steps from the center)
+1 fire to all leaders generated
+1 military rating to your current king

at max decentralized you wil gein all of the following rewards
+2 random leaders of choise (One General, One Conquistador)
+2 maneuver to all leaders generated
+1year income in any single tech or stab of choise (Trade)
+1 core on any province you currently control (Samarkand, ID 1592) [Also change the culture to Colonial]
+2 admin rating for your current king

2 FAAs = +1leader

My king lives only for 6years aswell, if possible, edit the rating into the next one...Boris

And also edit back Kirin to japan, ID 640

Last edited:
Reactions:
The Quality of Mercy (1564 - 1592)

Since times imemorial the House of Sverige had reigned over the fledgling realm of Sweden. Under its wise and enlightened rulership the land had prospered. At the dawn of 1564 the political situation in Europe, however, was most complicated. To the southeast lay mighty Polstria with which it was crucial to remain on amicable terms. In the south strapping Germanic kingdoms clamored for recognition and especially Brandenburg, rapidly expanding and full of dynamic, came to the King´s attention. France, too, soon grew to impressive proportions and as such became a noteworthy factor in Sweden´s foreign policy. And finally of course...the OE. Ruled by a fierce fighter, who´s fame preceded him, and growing with lightning speed it was eyed full of anxiety.

With everybody else busily expanding the hunger for land also awakened in Sweden. It was felt at the King´s court, the time had come to extend Sverige´s gracious administration to other, as yet withering, earldoms and entities in the patchwork that constituted the Africas. Accordingly, in the year of the lord 1584 war was declared on the Ottoman Empire. In rapid succession Goa, the bustling center of trade, and other African colonies were attacked and after bloody fighting seized, yielding substantial real estate to the Swedish Empire. Next with the generous aid of England, the grip on Africa was extended by means of further assaults. After fierce battles the bustling trade center of South Africa was occupied by England whose flag proudly flew from the citadel of this benighted place. Somewhat later a naval battle was also fought versus the Turk in the waters of the coast of Goa. Initially, Admiral Ampo IV. managed to resolutely defeat the islamic fleet of Ottom corsairs. Unfortunately, a tryst with a Turkish tart - he delighted himself with after battle - had unfortunate consequences, which soon brought the proud man to his knees. Agonizing pain emanating from his nether regions compelled the Admiral to inject mercury right into his painfully throbbing member. It was a cure alright. A cure that was if anything worse than his affliction beforehand. Alas soon after Ampo IV passed away. So when the Ottoman fleet reappeared the now leaderless Swedish fleet was defeated. It did not matter, however, as peace was now being agreed upon. Sweden and England had prevailed!

Alas, Sweden´s expansion paled at the massive enlargement of other powers. After the war Sweden´s army and navy were both brought back to full strength in order to be as prepared as possible for any eventuality. On the other hand of course, what will be written in history´s next chapter...God only knows.

Ontime reward: -1 % inflation
AAR reward: -1 % inflation

-2 quantity reward:

-2 decentralized
+1 max maneuver to leaders generated
+6 months income in any single tech or stab of choice (trade)
+1admin rating to your current king

1 FAA = 1 more leader

I´d like to have 2 random conquistadors please.

Aar france 1564-1592

France started the session fairly weak

Only recently I lost a war vs Brandenburg, was just converted to reformed and suffered from low stability high revolt risk and war exhaustion. I had rebels in many places and most of my provinces where wrong religion

Fortunately I had a nap with Brandenburg and spain so I was able to focus everything on rebuilding my country, conversions where started and in general where fairly successful with some failures here and there but when I decided to give Genoa and Venice a try before moving on towards the colonise I was very surprised to find Venice successful from the first try and genoa from the second attempt (better than some French provinces), on top of that the most expensive province in asia was converted thanks to the walls of Paris event later that session.

Outside conversions my first goal would be to go up in stability, which I managed to do fairly fast allowing my income to recover a little bit and my merchants to get a bit more successful in cots across the world combined with getting trade 7 during the session I was able to really improve my trade income pretty good and my income in general was rising fairly well.

By session end most of my continental holdings have been converted outside a few border provinces and all that is left now is Indonesia and America wich should not take to long to do since I now have 0 inno thanks to the walls at Paris event.

Other then all that I have been able to greatly expand my control over the great plains in America and expand a little more in Indonesia during the session allowing me to almost connect the great lakes in Canada to the Pacific Coast.

During the session the ottoman empire was brutally ganged by Spain and Austria and lost a few provinces, during which I was allied to Helvetia which I was in the process of annexing, so I couldn’t join vs Austria without dowing a separate war, that was something I didn’t want to risk but I promised to help out should they attack again which they did in the end.

So since I keep my word france had to enter ottoman alliance and invade west Germany to relief the pressure from the ottomans at the time, which I seemed to do just fine without spending to much manpower despite suffering from lower morale vs Hal, but when victory was very close Brandenburg and pretty much everybody else ganked ottos so after some pressure Dane decided to accept terms, wich was probably the wise choice to do considering the odds we were facing. France didn’t lose anything except a lot of money in this war so all is stil ok for me in the end.

Guess we will see what next session brings with old leaders dead and new generals rising soon it should be interesting

aar+ontime
-2 inflation

Spain: 1592-1620

Uh..... Spain really didn't do that much this session. I mean, that was sort of the plan, since I... I mean King Felipe, had other things to do. So yeah, there's not going to be any great story about wars and epic battles for dominance. I mean, sure, I fought a war against 1-province Zapotec and Morocco, and another against Maya, where I took 1 province and a bunch of gold. I guess you could say that I fought a really long war against pirates. The Caribbean and western coast of the Americas were crawling with them, and it took forever to clear them out completely, what with all the ping-ponging back and forth between provinces. I probably fought 300 naval battles with pirates, to be honest.

I also colonized a bunch more. I now have a couple bases in the Pacific and Indian Oceans, and Argentina's getting filled in rather nicely. Cuzco COT died out, but was eventually replaced by one in Buenos Aires, so that's not bad in the long-run. Exploration was big this session. I even had three explorers going at one time, like it was the good old days of the early 1500's again. I mapped out most of the Pacific now. Ottomans paid me about 2000 for maps, which, combined with a bunch of minting I did early on, was enough to pay for 5 weapons manufacturies. Everyone seemed to be busy trading, too. Spain didn't really get very far ahead in the trading game. A lot of merchants were wasted rebuilding monopolies the Maya and Creek kept bombing, and it seemed whenever someone lost merchants in a CoT, they'd promptly sign a trade agreement and fight back.

Speaking of fights, there were a couple of those going on elsewhere in the world. I didn't get involved, mostly because I didn't want to. But the fights didn't seem too bloody or epic, so I don't know how much I missed. Maybe the others will tell you.

Oh yeah, Felipe II died, and was replaced by his woefully average son. Fortunately, he's 1 year away from dying, and his son will be around for like 40 years. Sure, he's crappy (not as crappy as his successor, mind you), but Olivares is like 2 years away and my bonuses will push him up to something silly again.

Bonuses: AAR/Ontime/Decentralized (max)/Quantity (max)
Treasury: 6 months income (ontime); 5434/2 = 2717
Manpower: +25% (quantity): 267/4 = 66
King stats: +6 mil (quantity, AAR), +2 admin (decentralized) (Felipe III dies in a year, so please add it to Felipe IV)
Tech bonus/stability bonus: 1 year naval tech (decentralized) = 5434
Fine art stab bonus: 840
Core provinces 391 and 392

Base+fine art = 3/2
Sliderbonus = 3
Total 8
I want 5 generals/2 admirals/1 explorer

plus all the decentral/quantity leader bonus stuff that wasn't in the template or example

Last edited:
A History of the Ottoman Empire: 1592-1620
Reign of Sultan Meh.med III Khan,
Emperor,
Sovereign of the House of Osman,
Sultan of Sultans,
Khan of Khans,
Commander of the Faithful and Successor (Caliph) of the Prophet of the Lord of the Universe,
Custodian of the Holy Sanctuaries (the Holy Cities of Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem),
Lord of all Africa,
Emperor of Rome,
Emperor of The Three Cities of Constantinople, Adrianople and Bursa, and of the Cities of Damascus and Cairo, of all Azerbaijan, of the Magreb, of Barka, of Kairouan, of Aleppo, of the Arabic and the Persian Iraq, of Basra, of Al-Hasa strip, of Ar Raqqah, of Mosul, of Diyarbakır, of Cilicia, of Ahmadabad, of Bombay and the Deccan of India, of the provinces of Erzurum, of Sivas, of Adana, of Karaman, Van, of Abyssinia, of Tripoli, of Damascus, of Cyprus, of Crete, of the province of Morea, of the Mediterranean Sea, the Black Sea and also their coasts, of Anatolia, Rumelia, Baghdad, Kurdistan, Greece, Turkistan, Tartary, of the two regions of Kabarda, of the Steppe of Kypchaks, of the whole country of the Tatars, of the City and Fort of Belgrade, of the province of Serbia, with all the castles and cities, of all Albania, of all Eflak and Bogdania, as well as all the dependencies and borders, and many other countries and cities, of Benin and Songhai, of the Vaal and Transvaal, of the oases of the Sahara and protector of the faithful.

IX-1620a.jpg

Europe 1620

1595-1603

Meh.med was an incredibly lazy and incompetent monarch, but these two traits complemented each other. His incompetence made him dislike the work of government, feeding his laziness. His laziness caused him to leave the work of government to others and not undertake any grand plans. This kept the realm at peace and built up the treasury as the merchant classes expanded their influence in government and the economy. He oversaw the creation of a CoT in Transkei to replace the one overrun by smelly, non-bathing Englishmen. Naturally, all the locals chose to trade in the non-smelly Transkei and shunned Knysnia. He allowed Nubia and Qara Koyunlu to join the wondrous Sunny empire and started the task of handing out pamphlets about how Sunny it was. Well, the people of Nubia knew damned well how Sunny it was and didn't take kindly to being reminded about it (forgot to raise tolerance for Orthodox). They eventually got over it after a few hundred thousand revolters were put down. Meh.med signed non-aggression pacts with pretty much everyone, except for Sweden and England from whom he wanted land returned. He built up the treasury and waited to die so his son, who had a head for manufacturing, could manufacture some stuff.

Reign of Sultan Ah.med Khan,
Emperor,
Sultan of Sultans,
Khan of Khans,
Commander of the Faithful and Successor (Caliph) of the Prophet of the Lord of the Universe,
Custodian of the Holy Sanctuaries (the Holy Cities of Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem),
Lord of all Africa,
Emperor of Rome,
Emperor of The Three Cities of Constantinople, Adrianople and Bursa, and of the Cities of Damascus and Cairo, of all Azerbaijan, of the Magreb, of Barka, of Kairouan, of Aleppo, of the Arabic and the Persian Iraq, of Basra, of Al-Hasa strip, of Ar Raqqah, of Mosul, of Diyarbakır, of Cilicia, of Ahmadabad, of Bombay and the Deccan of India, of the provinces of Erzurum, of Sivas, of Adana, of Karaman, Van, of Abyssinia, of Tripoli, of Damascus, of Cyprus, of Crete, of the province of Morea, of the Mediterranean Sea, the Black Sea and also their coasts, of Anatolia, Rumelia, Baghdad, Kurdistan, Greece, Turkistan, Tartary, of the two regions of Kabarda, of the Steppe of Kypchaks, of the whole country of the Tatars, of the City and Fort of Belgrade, of the province of Serbia, with all the castles and cities, of all Albania, of all Eflak and Bogdania, as well as all the dependencies and borders, and many other countries and cities, of Benin and Songhai, of the Vaal and Transvaal, of the oases of the Sahara and protector of the faithful.

1603-1620

Ah.med continued the precedent his father set by signing his name with a period in the middle. Soon this style would be all the rage and was eventually taken to extremes by his successor Mus.t.afa (pronounced moose-tea-off-uh). Ah.med used the money his father saved to manufacture weapons which raised the support limit. When you stop to think about it, it's pretty amazing that the Ottoman soldiers, without arms, had managed to kill so many Spaniards and Germans in the last war. Well Ah.med wasn't going to let that happen again! Now the empire boasts 9 weapon manufactories, which means that 45,000 men, or almost 10% of the army, will now have weapons when they next go to war! Realizing that it was somewhat inefficient to build such large armies without weapons Ah.med also began improving the quality of his soldiers by executing men at random. This lowered the manpower available, but improved morale a lot.

In foreign relations, a joint attack on India with Russia netted a gold mine for the empire and some manufactories for Russia (which now has the most manufactories in the world). Brandenburg attacked England in 1602, but the fighting was of fairly low intensity in North America. Unfortunately, the English captured the ports our explorer was using so he ended up drowning in the Atlantic. Ah.med decided that exploring was hard and boring so he paid the Spanish to do it for him in 1609. After 10 years of war in NA, John apparently got bored and decided to dow Sweden too. France joined and Ah.med took the opportunity to retake what was lost in the last war.

Back to domestic politics some Beys thought it'd be a good time to revolt. The reasoning was that since the empire had just successfully won it's first war in six decades (and done it with only 45,000 men having weapons), something sketchy was going on. Needless to say they were all executed in an extremely Sunny fashion. Employing that many executioners cost the empire about 18,000D, but fortunately it had many Fine Arts (of execution) Academies from which to draw candidates. After Ah.med died the rest of the late 1610s and early 1620s were spent playing musical monarchs. Mus.t.afâ I succeeded Ah.med, but was deposed by 'Osmân II whose apastrophe was obviously superior to Mus.t.afâ's two periods. After about four years apostrophes were out and periods were back in. Also, there was a distinct lack of people to execute creating a huge unemployment problem and just like that Mus.t.afâ was back in. Mus.t.afâ 2: The Reboot wasn't any better than the original, considering that his administrative, diplomatic and military skills combined to equal four points (according to the court statistician), he wasn't missed. Next week: the reign of the period and apostrophe-less Murâd IV.

Edits:
Bonuses: AAR/Ontime/Decentralized -2
Sliders: serfdom + 1 (AAR bonus)
Treasury: -2600 (2 loans for me, 3 loans for Russia, and 3 diploannexations)
Inflation: -1% (ontime)

King stats +1 admin for Murâd IV
Loans 2 loans deleted for me, 3 for Russia
Tech bonus/Stability bonus: +6 month income to trade tech (3719D)
Fine art stab bonus: 5880
Diploannex Persia (PER) 5 state gifts * 124 = 620D (18 provs)
Diploannex Oman (OMA) 5 state gifts * 145 = 725D (5 provs)
Diploannex Zanj (ZAN) 3 state gifts ("forcevassalized") * 85 = 255D (2 provs)
Gabes (986) and Tripolitania (740) from Spain to OE (please confirm TC)
Delete alliance with Russia

Leaders:
base + FAA = 4/4
Sliders: 0
Total leaders: 3 generals, 1 conq, 4 admirals
+1 maneuver
Reset French/Austrian land sliders ;)

Luxury manu stab:
OE 5880
Spain 840
France 840
Russia 1680
Sweden 840
England 840
BB 1680
Austria 1680
Nippon 2520

Last edited:
Reactions:
ok since we really need a template to do edits
i wil ask everybody to use this list from now on
here is the template and also information that should make everything clear, please read it all:

if you dont ask for edits i'm not going to give them (looking at hal/holisticgod)
if you dont ask for leaders you may just get base leaders so its your risk
and if you move the land slider up but "forget" to ask it to be reset i might end up giving 1% inflation a slidermove for every slidermove you did

Edits info

· State wich bonuses you receive (aar+ontime+sliderbonus also state if sliderbonus is max or -2)(for example aar+ontime+decentral max +quan -2)
· Slider movements (either from using your one-game reset or from your aar)(also don’t forget to say when your land slider has to be moved otherwise I’m considering adding a penalty if you conveniently forget)
· Inflation reductions or treasury edits(just do -1%(aar) or -1% (ontime))
· Manpower (in case of max quantity +10% if atwar +25% if at peace)
· King stats (for example +2admin decen(max) +1mil quan(-2) (also say if you want current or next king if the current king dies within 5years) if not the current king give me the NAME
· Loans
· Tech bonus and stability bonus (look at stats last year income base: (for 1year just do the full amount for 6months you give me the amount/2 )
· Fine art bonus stability boost( chek what the number is from dane and add it here)
· Diploannexations (add it here what you want to annex and the amount of provinces
· Province exchange/edits between players : fuck off lazy bastards, do it ingame
· Provinces edits that where lost because of ai/ghosting

Template
in this order

· Bonusses you receive
· Sliders
· Treasury
· Inflation
· Manpower
· King stats
· Loans
· Tech bonus/Stability bonus
· Fine art stab bonus
· Diplo-annexations
· Provinces lost due ghost/ai

Leaders info

Base+fine art =(amount landleaders+navalleaders)
Slider bonuses = (amount leaders)
Total =(amount)
Then say what you want

For example spain has 1fine art = 3/2
Decentral+quantity = 3
Total= 3/2 +3 = 8leaders

Spain choose
4generals/2admirals/1explorer/1conq
4/2/1/1

base

2 land leaders +2 naval leaders

fine art

1 fine art = 1land leader
3fine art = 1land leader +1naval leader
5fine art = 2land leader+1naval leader
And so on…

Slider bonusses

+2 decentral max
+1 decentral -2
+1 quantity max
+1defencive max
Total = extra leaders =

Template

using spain example from above :

Base+fine art = 3/2
Sliderbonus = 3
Total 8
I want = 4/2/1/1

Last edited:
example

· Bonusses you receive * Decentral(max) +quantity (-2) +aar+ontime
· Sliders * reset quality to 5
· Treasury * 6month aar = 5434/2 = 2717
· Inflation * -1% (ontime)
· Manpower * /
· King stats * +2adm +1mil (decen-quan)
· Loans* 2loans deleted -400treasury
· Tech bonus/Stability bonus * 1year landtech (decen) = 5434
· Fine art stab bonus *840
· Diplo-annexations* kil john 73provs
· Provinces lost due ghost/ai* none

Base+fine art = 3/2
Sliderbonus = 3
Total 8
I want = 2/2/2/2

Brandenburg 1592-1620

Relations with Austria continued to be stable, and we were able to go through with another land purchase, this time 2500 for Breisgau. And I was able to come to an understanding with the French for the session, freeing me to focus my attention on my old colonial rival, England.

The previous session, England had seized most of the Australian coast, threatening to marginalize my expansion there. This could not be tolerated, and plans were set in motion to bring about a fairer distribution of those lands. The NAP was expiring in 1596, and Brandenburg was basically ready for an adventure. But after some talks with Sweden, I agreed to put off the move for another 6 years, until 1602.

Then, without further delay, war was declared. Foolishly, I put too little effort into securing Australia, the whole objective of the war, and because of that was not able to get quite enough warscore to stabhit. In North America, I gathered about 30 warscore, and retained this for much of the following years. But I was not to get any closer.

The standard plan went into action. The Southern colonies were occupied quickly, while forces in the North began advancing on England's weak forts up there. Meanwhile, a galley fleet of nearly 400 ships had safely arrived in NA to guard the coasts, and a 30k garrison lay in Manhattan just in case.

The actual numbers of troops were insufficient. I may have had close to 100k in N. America counting the Manhattan garrison, but could have set up more, and would have if I'd known England would put up such a fight in the next few years.

With my limited recruitment ability in NA, I faced English ability to ferry directly from England. I also faced Raleigh, who was about the same stats as my leader, but with far better attrition reduction because of being a conq. England also had better morale thanks to their monarch.

At the end of the initial phase, I had a little over 30 ws, but ran low on troops after a bit of attrition, and when the English had time to mobilize armies in the area, I had to turn back somewhat and reform. In the second phase of the war, I continued to drive for 40 ws, recruiting as best I could in NA, most of it coming from my main base, but with supplements joining that from the disparate other interior provs. There were some minor triumphs, and some setbacks. England landed troops in Manhattan before long, losing the first battle, and then a string of battles after that as its army was ping ponged around, but then it succeeded in the second attack, and shortly captured the cot, making up for all that battle ws with a little extra.

For the next few years, I seemed to be zeroing in on a stabhit, only to be pushed back. Then after a few years, England, bit by bit, made its numerical advantage felt. It began capturing provs on the coast. It also made amphibious attacks in the South, which were initially made difficult by my fleet, but then became simple enough for him as my numbers dwindled.

In 1609 or so, I decided to just dig in and hold on, while looking for a WP. My battle warscore was maxing out, so I had no real chance of getting him. England refused my offer, so I suspected Sweden would soon be joining. Though I've had friendly relations with the Swedes, they've been close allies with England. There was also the G2A factor, and his appearance might just be the thing to embolden them into war, where they avoided it previously.

So I made what preparations I could. Reached out to neighbors trying to secure my back, and thinking about my capacities to deal with a full Swedish army under G2A at home.

As it turned out, a really funny thing happened. The Swedes had lost track of their leader, only locating him in 1613. Turned out, he was hanging out in Zanzibar. That settled it for me.

I canceled MA, and began a full invasion of Jutland. 50k inf, backed by a few 20k reinforcement stacks close behind them, tore through Schleswig and then Jutland, where a 50k cav army tried to turn them back. They were, however, unsuccessful, and had to retreat to their ships. Soon Jutland fell, and my Holstien army returned to base, to stand watch in case the Swedes returned.

Meanwhile, another army set off to storm the Baltic states. Soon numbering 50k, with further reinforcements not far behind, it broke into Samagotia, and then Curonia, taking both by assault. Then a Swedish army of 60k or so came in to dislodge it, but failed in the first attempt. My troops then marched further North to complete the conquest, while my remaining leader moved forward to defend the lines of communication.

Before he could arrive with his 30k or so, the Swedes returned, and my attempt to turn them back was a failure. However, the second battle was successful, and once again they returned to their ships.

By this time, the French had entered on my side, and were soon to seize control of the Sund with their 1000 galley fleet, and then begin a major invasion of Scane. I had already signed a WP with England, so there was little way for them to stop this. Sweden recognized its defeat, and agreed to peace for Schleswig, Curonia, and Samagotia.

It was a really silly, fairly expensive, but entertaining war. Slow burning, it didn't disrupt my economy very badly. Its' tab came to about 10kD, but it was spread over a number of years. Brandenburg gained very little from it, but on the plus side, it didn't lose anything(apart from all those ships and troops, but I like to think of those numbers in the stats as badges of honor).

Brandenburg has its share of anxieties about the future, but for the time being, the boldness of its enemies is at bay. Its position is stable, its frontiers are secure behind impressive forts, and it boasts of modest prosperity. Little more could be hoped for.

Bonuses received: Ontime, AAR, Full Decentralized
Treasury: 4005(Half a year for ontime, half a year for AAR)
Kingstats: +2 admin
Tech/Stab bonus: 4005D to infra
Fine arts stab bonus: 1680
Core: 346(Mainz)

Leaders:
Base + FAA = 3/2
Sliders = 2

Total:
4/2/0/1

Last edited:
Reactions:
Meditations on the Abyss

I´ll try to post my AAR tomorrow.

Ontime reward : -1 % inflation

at -2 quantity:

-2 centralization:
+1 max maneuver to leaders generated
+6 months income in any single tech or stab of choise
+1admin rating to your current king

Don't read any AARs above It is all lies and foreign propaganda. Only true words are here, in Polstria AAR.

So, as all already know, Poland and Austria are the most innovative and developed countries in the world, so it was just a matter of time when those two enlightened entities will merge. It was decided in 1520 that this merge will be done trough a gay marriage. And so polish king Kazimierz and austrian emperor Franz married. That is why the new polish flag with old eagle has now tow heads. And the white colour was changed to black because it was easier to replicate it with new Gutenberg text replicator.

As for the international relations there is not much to say. Russians are evil as always, and conspire with disgusting Turks against Polstria. Stefan Bathory had to sack ConstantinoPOLe twice to remind dirty sultan of his place (some say it was spanish armies, but it is a lie, it was only Polstrian soldiers who managed that).

Ah, the French, yes treacherous frogs. Conspiring with Ottomans too. Shame on them. They are not true christians and our borthers in faith from Germany will show them no mercy. As Emperor Polstria is blessing sacking of heretic Paris.

There is also that smelly seal on the north called Gustawus Adolphus Hitlerus, but we do not make them diplomacy, it is too stinky to go there.

So, remember no matter what the following posts will say, it is all a lie, a propaganda.

Bonuses: Ontime, AAR, Full Decentralized
Treasury: 2400 (Half a year for ontime, half a year for AAR)
Tech/Stab bonus: 2400 to infra
Fine arts stab bonus: 1680 to treasury

at -2 quantity you gain(2steps from the center)

at max decentralized you wil gein all of the following rewards
+2 random leaders of choise
+2 maneuver to all leaders generated
+1year income in any single tech or stab of choise (3391 Infra)
+1 core on any province you currently control (Georgia 470)
+2 admin rating for your current king

stab from FAA Russia 1680

Put me on something like 45% trade
10%stab
45% infra

6 loans, -1200 from treasury. dane said he would take 3loans, so -600 from him (OE AAR)(thanks dane))

Last edited:
1592-1620

France didn’t really do that much this session

Early on we joined a war against the knights to take malta a small island in the south of Italy of which we have the culture but other then that very little happend for a long time

Outside a fairly short war vs. Sweden the remainder of the session was spend on colonizing trading and converting the remains of Indonesia and america

We managed to catch back up in naval and landtech and acquire infra 6 then we ended up building a huge army and navy which in the end barely got used so who knows where I can blow it on this week or perhaps just disband some of it

During the session I joined Brandenburg in a fairly short war vs Sweden, where I sailed the entire navy to Copenhagen, landed in skane and Copenhagen, after fighting 1 battle in skane and a few minor naval battles the war was already over . It ended with Brandenburg taking 3provs but returning 2 after for a nap and white peacing England to.

Colonizing is going fairly well but it helps to have 4 colonists a year so I might be able to connect California to the interior of America at some point ^^ but other than that I don’t for see big surprised next week

most of indonesia now converted and colonized but there stil several in the filipines and a few islands to go

Bonusses you receive * aar+ontime
· Sliders * reset land to 5
· Treasury * 1year (aar+ontime) 7052.6
· Fine art stab bonus *840

Base+fine art = 3/2
Total 5
I want = 1/0/2/2

The British Islands: 1592-1620

The Age of Queen Elisabeth was as splendorous as everybody can remember, yet this time it has finished.

However, not all of the splendour of that age did really finish. This was proved by the proverbial rule behind-the-throne of the real mind-master of Britain for this period: Sir Walter Raleigh.

That way, England did at first keep the track in colonizing more of Australia and other areas,but peace did not last long.

Soon, our old enemies, the German settlers, did declare war on us for the sake of it, demanding some areas they perceived would save them from the threat we did represent -Preventive war they would say-. Also, they did claim Australia -guess they had some 'Why not?' feeling on it.

However, sir Walter was not going to allow it. He had noticed the odd movement of 300 German galleys towards New Berlin from Amsterdam, next to British islands. So a navy was dispatched, being careful to leave enough at home to avoid repeating the disaster last war. This navy would be led by some of our explorers with funky names, including the now aged Frobisher.

Meanwhile, as German troops half-secretly built up in the German Appalachia, we started to build our own colonial army in the Canada.

And finally the German assault began one morning. The world kept quiet. Not much to be said except their claims. We said nothing, which in every language, under these circunstances, meant we were not caving in! And so the war began. And it proved to be an endless 'king of the hill' in Susquehanna-Unami area, while next to NY our navies battered each other until superior British navy finally managed to send back the remains to brandemburg at the middle of the war.

In the lands, first Germans assaulted and won every battle even against superior forces, as they were better fighters. But the British licked their wounds and prepared their quality into some improved level, managing to send them back home. Then the war changed its signs with mutual assaults in the frontier areas, while Germany took our coastal Southern colonies.

However, Raleigh would not allod. He came himself from Britain with 40k, and began assaulting all the frontier areas taken by the Germans, with some colonial reinforcements. Tehse bloody battles sent long casualty reports back to our home countries, meaning in both lands the hatred for the inconclusive war just kept growing.

Before Germans would finally defeat our morale, Raleigh assaulted New Berlin cot, and began retaking some coastal cities. Then came even more and more and more inconclusive bleeding.

Meanwhile, in Australia, the German force there in their colony was early defeated. However, it would not be London alone the one sending more troops to colonies: Brandemburg sent lots of Germans and a large navy, who landed in Australia and seized the control of the whole area soon enough, as Britain was too far to send more reinforcements.

But in America, Mr Raleigh had taken the very contested Unami hill after many battles, and took the chan ce of this advantage to retake all the Coastal Britain -or most of it, except the part siding Caribbean-. Then Germans lost some more battles, meaning we had some +30WS

And then? Then came political caos. Germans -in their usual brave style, daring against many in the worst circunstances, they call it 'Prussian spirit'- assaulted Sweden, which would have never expected it -it seems Sweden had treated kindly Germany before that, so it was seen as an ugly move-.

As their war, begun, France joined the Brandemburgian alliance and dispatched 1000 ships across the channel.

Apparently, this was exclusively against Sweden, but we were Swedish friends, so we got scared France would merely land in Britain and rape us in the previously tradition, so we accepted peacing brandemburg even if we had the upper hand.

And then? Then Britain was too shocked to understand shit, while the always fair, always loyal, always good Swedes were mistreated by this gang. However, Brandemburg did accept returning some lands after the war for them, yet the cause of the war remains unclear.

Rewards (if I arrive on time)
- 1 aristocracy (move towards plutocracy)
- 1 deflation
- I have 1 faa. No idea what reward corresponds me for this -if any-.
- Also got the right to ask for +5 quality at any point of the game, give it to me, thanks.
- Whatever else, lost track of the bonus system long ago.

Thank you

A History of the Ottoman Empire: 1620-1644
Reign of Sultan Murâd IV Khan,
Emperor,
Sultan of Sultans,
Khan of Khans,
Lord of all Africa,
Emperor of Rome,

IX-1644a.jpg

Europe 1644

1620-1644

As the session started the Empire had NAPs with Sweden (until 1635), Spain (until 1640) and Austria (until 1630). Persia, Oman and Zanj had been diploannexed between sessions so I had a lot of badboy, but my support and income improved enough to make it worthwhile. Gabes and Tripolitania were purchased from Spain as well. I had considered investing heavily in LT--despite the ahead of time penalty--in order to get LT26 ASAP, but it was impossible to get before 1630, so I nixed the idea. Instead I invested in Chief Judges, which greatly improved my census (since about half of my provinces are below tax base 3). I also dumped seemingly endless amounts of gold into the black hole that is the Empire's fortifications. Even with major investments over the past two sessions, the majority of the Empire has woefully inadequate forts. Trade 7 was also finished in the early 1620s. The NAP with Sweden was extended, which apparently isn't the best guarantee, but he kept his word this session.

As 1630 and the end of the Austrian NAP approached, I prepared for war. I raised my army even further above the support limit, keeping about 100k in India and 100k in West Africa in case Ampo (or anyone else) tried anything. I had another 80k on my warship fleet ready to take Austria's colonial CoT. In Europe I had close to 400k ready to pour over the border. Luckily, Drake's NAP with John also ended in 1630, which meant that HAL wouldn't receive any help from Brandenburg.

When 1630 rolled around, Drake and I both DoWed, but HAL was taken by surprise as he somewhat inexplicably thought the NAP lasted until 1638. He was totally unprepared to fight and my multifront invasion earned stabhitting warscore before he had time to reorganize his armies. As usual, most of my assaults failed, but unopposed I had time to reinforce and try again. John was having some connection trouble, so HAL managed to avoid quite a few stabhits through the multiple rehosts, but my advantage was significant and never really challenged. I started the war demanding Hum and Bosnia and continued stabhitting for that through 1632, even though I was at +99 warscore around that time. HAL finally organized a response around 1631 and won some battles, but he had rebels from my stabhits and I had been reinforcing my losses consistently. When I threatened to add one province to the demands for each year he continued fighting he finally caved in.

France and Brandenburg were still at war, fighting in NA, Indonesia and on the Rhine, but Drake seemed to be making some progress. He was also closer to LT26. I wasn't sure if I wanted another war with HAL at this time so I agreed to extend the NAP with TC on the condition I don't attack HAL. I thought this clause would only apply after 1640 (when our original NAP ended), but, as I found out later, TC had a different interpretation. I finished LT26 in 1636, with another year left on the truce with HAL, and saw he was still at LT24. I figured I could grab some more territory, but I was behind in NT and didn't want to get 2v1ed after 1640 when the NAP with TC ended. 1640 was also when TC and Drake's NAP was ending so I hoped for Drake's help if TC joined against me. However, Drake was still at war with John and although he was winning, he kept upping his demands and I was afraid the war would continue past 1640 so I delayed dowing HAL. Well I needn't have worried; when Ampo broke his NAP with John in 1638, John quickly sued for peace with Drake and gave up four provinces. With my back covered, I dowed HAL again in 1638.

Unfortunately, TC didn't ascribe to my interpretation of our extended NAP and immediately joined the war. Fortunately, he didn't have much of a stomach for the fight and agreed to peace as long as I only demanded one province. HAL wanted to fight on, but down a CRT and outnumbered he agreed to cede Dalmatia. The rest of the session was spent catching up in naval tech and building forts. I also bought Brandenburg's African CoT colony.

Edits

Bonuses: AAR/Ontime/Decentralized (0)
Sliders: None
Treasury: None
Inflation: -1% (ontime)
King stats +4 admin, +2 diplo, +2 mil for Meh.med IV (+2 all stats for AAR and +2 admin from decentral)
Tech bonus/Stability bonus: +12month income to naval tech (9240)
Fine art stab bonus: 5040
Core on Goa (549)
Leaders:
base + FAA = 4/4
Sliders: 2
Total leaders: 3 generals, 3 conqs, 2 admirals 2 explorers
+2 maneuver
Reset French/Austrian land sliders ;)

Luxury manu stab:
OE 5040
Spain 720
France 720
Russia 1440
Sweden 720
England 720
BB 1440
Austria 2160

Last edited:
Brandenburg: 1620-1644

My diplomatic activity the week leading into this session wasn't very energetic or inspired, and in this session I was to face somewhat of a gang, and lose a lot of the power I had been building up over the previous sessions.

To begin with, France and Spain made some sort of deal which gained Italian land for France. Spain had gotten wind of some sort of something or other between Brand and France, and didn't want to have to face what we had in store. I owed France after they had helped me defeat the Swedes and English, and that debt was going to have to be paid in the near future.

The move getting me this deal with France seemed interesting at the time. It seemed to give me what I wanted, while automatically generating more conflict between France and Spain. But I think it was probably not a good move because:

1: I probably didn't need the help in order to defeat Sweden. I especially didn't need it earlier than 1610, and if I'd have just made my moves against England immediately in 1596, I think Brandenburg could have prevailed on its own. Or if I'd have just attached Sweden pre-emptively 1596, before making the main war vs England.
2: I was too softhearted to take the kind of peace that would've made such a faustian bargain worthwhile.
3: Spain has been my best ally in the game, and doing everything to hold onto that would have been, though maybe less exciting, by far the sounder and safer strategy.

Instead, I was on this course I had chosen. At the beginning of the session, Drake reminded me that our NAP expired in 1630. That in combination with his Spanish deal meant he was going to attack, so I braced myself for that. Strengthened the forts a little bit more, and sent my whole fleet to the far East in 1628 or so(too late, I hoped, for Drake to prepare himself for it), and I made a dp move toward land.

Then the DOW came on schedule, and he began his occupation of the West side of the Rhine. I didn't contest these territories. I figured Turrene was too much for me to grapple with on that side, and remained hidden on the other side, with my large forts, and prepared to make up the warscore by winning battles.

Meanwhile, a few minor provs were similarly occupied in NA, where the French had Champlain against my weaker leader. They were held in Wea, but not much more happened on that front.

In Europe, their forces made sallies here and there across the Rhine, where I was able to use my defensive advantages to make them lose more troops, and lose more battles. But I probably should have tried harder to hold the West side, because that was an awful lot of warscore, and maybe I could have done it by fighting an intense war of attrition, and bleeding him as quickly as I could have, instead of letting him leisurely make attacks across the river, where he'd only need a little more ws to be able to send hard stabhits.

It wasn't long before I gained the upper hand in Indonesia, though. That was the thing I was banking on. I had more ships there, and though it began very even, I finally had a very good battle that cut his numbers to less than half, and could at last do as I pleased with my 755 conq(yes, 7 maneuver). Malacca was occupied, and the island to the South of it, and much of Borneo. Java was a little too well defended for me, but the rest fell like butter, and before long I was in positive warscore. My highwater point was, I think, about 25-30 ws. Maybe Drake remembers better. It was enough to convince him to make another big push in Europe to prevent it getting worse.

I figured I'd be able to stop him in Europe, but Turrene really is a beast. He would come at my large forts and assault through them, and my 544 guys could do little about it. I didn't want to engage him directly except with some notable advantages.

The push came around Kleves, and in my Dutch provs, and then to Munster, with one of my armies reeling before it. Meanwhile, my other armies went across the river, finding nice opportunities to fight with lesser generals, or in some cases leaderless armies, and I soon managed to cut off supply to Turrene. Meanwhile, my forces up North, now reinforced, won a victory against Turrene, and then kept up the pursuit, pushing him down south and I was really enjoying watching the out of supply attrition do its work for three months, turning his 150k+ army into something a lot less scary.

But for all that damage, I'd lost a lot of troops too, and France had gained control of a lot of forts. I was seiging them back, it was slower that way than the frontal assaults that Turrene is so good at, and I was eating stabhits. Before this push, Drake offered peace for 2 provs(and offered some gold for the too). Those demands were increased after the push. He had 500 ships heading to the East, and my conq was dead of natural causes, and he was retaking land there. He was also going to get LT 26 a year before me.

The other problem was that I was almost maxed out on battle warscore, and he still had a lot of potential to improve here. Plus, the NAP with Sweden and England was expiring in 1640, so I had to figure something out soon, or face a very bad situation.

And then I received a DOW from England, in 1637. I informed them about the NAP, and suggested they wait behind their borders until then. They, however, were not interested in honoring the terms of the NAP(a NAP which was bought with the return of two of the provs gained in the previous war).

In North America, my position with England was hopeless. I had few men available, and he had lots. In Europe, it was also lousy. None of my forces were available to counter Sweden, and he had plenty of time to occupy territory before I could even respond.

Given that the French war was probably just going to get worse anyway, I accepted Drake's new terms of 4 provs, for a lousy 3kD, and went off to fight with Sweden.

NA was lost very early. My army, such as it was, I moved to fight him a little, and it retreated the wrong way, and then was destroyed with my leaders there. So that was the end of that. Just a matter of him occupying territory after that.

In Europe, I figured I should be able to push the Swedes out though, and then take his still lightly forted provs. It worked pretty well initially. My armies had better morale, and won battles. Swedish troops retreated wrong often enough, and lost a lot for being out of supply in Germany. Jutland was occupied, and then Samagotia and Curonia. Then Livonia, and a couple stabhits were sent to Sweden(By this time, I'd received about 3 or 4 from their alliance). But Sweden ate these, and then became more lucky with its battles, winning most of the major ones from this point. My push into the Baltic states was halted and reversed, and my attempts to get back in there were unsuccessful against the dice.

So in the end, I finally accepted a stabhit for some provs in NA, which cut me from my cot, and loss of Hinterpommern.

The session cost me over 30kD, a hefty amount for a second rate economic power like Bburg. The only consolation in it, if it's any consolation, is that my enemies lost twice the numbers overall.

The one thing that I want everyone to remember from all of this is that Sweden broke a NAP. It broke a NAP that I paid for, with two provinces, and it was the second time that they've broken a NAP with me. The first was two sessions ago, when Sweden broke a NAP to come to the aid of England. Is there any way that anyone can believe that Sweden will not break another one, if they think it's convenient to do so? Decide what you will when dealing with them, but I would advise the world to take these things into consideration.

Bonuses received: Ontime, AAR, Full Decentralized
Treasury: 3890(Half a year for ontime, half a year for AAR)
Tech/Stab bonus: 3890 to trade
Fine arts stab bonus: 1440
Core: 565(Yanam)
reset land slider

Leaders:
Base + FAA = 3/2
Sliders = 2

Total:
4/2/0/1

Spain: 1620-1644

Spain entered this session having several deals to put into effect. Two provinces in Italy were sold to France, while another two provinces in Tunisia-Libya were sold to the Ottomans, netting Spain with a pretty little surplus in the treasury that was spent on more manufacturies, traders, and colonists. Going back to traditional practice, Spain was also able to acquire a fancy pile of gold from natives in the Americas once again, though looking back Spain isn't sure how it only managed two manufacturies out of all of that.

I'm sure the audience would all be regaled by talk of sending merchants, signing trade agreements, and generally mucking about. That's about all there was to this session for Spain, in spite of the fact there was a kind of 30 Years' War going on around Europe and Spain itself actually became involved in two. One positive development to speak of was the various actions which rendered Spain's requested explorers useless and obsolete. In Africa, England's 99-man colony declared independence in the Congo, stealing all of England's maps in the process. By popular request, Spain directed its African colonial armies to put down the secessionist upstarts. In a titanic battle which lasted all of 0-seconds, Spain crushed the Congoese, seizing the maps in the process. The process was repeated somewhat less successfully in Japan, which was able to fight on doggedly for several years owing to its defensive mountains, tech equivalency, and the distances Spanish reinforcements needed to travel. Nevertheless, the Japanese capital fell, opening up Spain's eyes in the interior of Asia.

In any event, war erupted on the Continent. Spain, having stymied a combined Franco-Brandenburger attack on Spain by buying off France, watched was the Rhine ran red with blood. Distracted by a war in Japan and not particularly interested in fighting elsewhere, Spain resisted French calls to join the war. Another war erupted in the Balkans, with the Ottomans attacking Polstria with relatively predictable results when the largest country in the game attacks the second-weakest, though of course it was made all the more painful for Polstria given its King's stubborn insistence to fight on when war had assuredly been lost.

Spain, however, had signed a variety of non-aggression pacts, and did not look particularly favorably, unlike certain other countries, on the idea of violating them. A NAP with the Ottomans was even renewed, with the standard caveats that it would be void if Ottomans attacked Polstria, or Spain attacked France 2v1, perpetuating the age-old tradition of the first and second most powerful countries in the world's perma-alliance. In any case, peace proved too uninteresting for the Sultanate, which attacked Polstria, voiding its NAP with Spain. This was enough to reduce the Ottomans' demands from Polstria to a single province, which Polstria ultimately accepted. If and when there's to be a round-three in the Balkans, I don't see Spain being much involved.

When 1640 rolled around, the non-aggression pact with France expired. Hoping to profit in some way or another from France's grueling war with Brandenburg, which had just concluded with France paying for the Rhine-German provinces, Spain declared war. With Turrenne and its general military and economic advantage built up over centuries of relative peace and expansionism, the French armies flattened the invading Spaniards in battle after battle. It may have been possible to reverse the fortunes of war with a truly mammoth determination to keep fighting and perhaps drown the French marshal in conscript bodies, but Spain was not interested in doubling down so fiercely for only the chance of minor gain, so a peace was concluded after an 18-month beatdown. Spain lost Pisa and the Marche, while it sold Florence to round out the map. Altogether, Spain had lost 5 provinces in Italy.

I can't wait for my 222 monarch of 35 years.

Bonuses: AAR/Ontime/Decentralized (max)/Quantity (max)
Treasury: 12 months income (AAR) (ontime); 6115.4
Manpower: +25% (quantity): 250/4 = 62.4
King stats: +2 mil (quantity), +2 admin (decentralized)
Tech bonus/stability bonus: 1 year naval tech (decentralized) = 6115
Fine art stab bonus: 720
Core provinces 45 and 223

Base+fine art = 3/2
Sliderbonus = 3
Total 8
I want 5 generals/3 admirals

Last edited:
Engla-land: 1620-1644

Stuarts!....

You'd say... Stuarts... And nobody would expect much good from them, would you? Wrong. The years were good.

At first we just did sleep, enjoying our already existant empire. Then, the Union of the Crowns did slowly expand its presence in Australia, by turning some trading posts there into whole cities, and claiming some specific ports.

On the outside part, Loango revolted, and it was allowed to keep its revolt in order for the land to defect to the Ottoman power as a gift. However, it did not turn out as good as expected, when those protestant British claimed legitimacy of the old Kongo kingdom -now deceased- in a silly way. Finally, unexpectedly, -as nobody ever does- the Spanish Inquisition appeared to burn some protestants who no longer were under the protection of the English crown. This would mean the end of Loango adventure. Meanwhile, the troops we were sending just landed in Fernando Po to avoid the same outcome for the current ongoing revolt.

That would be the biggest event of the James-Charles period in question, yet time would prove to change everything. In Europe, France stood powerful, challenging Spain for supremacy with the humbleness expected from a fellow Protestant Nation, and declaring it deserved its natural frontiers, which were taken out under Brandemburgian ataccks in the past.

So an endless war erupted -the War of the Rhine-, with bloody losses on both sides. Polstria had its usual deals with Ottomans, who stand as a superpower now, while Russia slept and Japan was ripped down by fellow protestants.

England expanded its trade in an endless trade war with Polstrians everywhere, which meant trade kept very much the same even after all of that.

But... The War of Rhine kept on. For 6 years. And it was already 1637, and the great Northern january 1616 deal was now over. It was time to reclaim our lands and to stop Germanic infiltration in Australia.

Germany had little in USA, which soon was ataccked, so little could it do there. Same in Australia. All Brandenburgians could do was wisely accepting they had to stop before war was too ruinous, so they dealt a peace giving up the French claims and faced Sweden. However, the population in Germany was not too happy when Sweden knocked the door in the Northern ports, and so Prussia had to cave in to some odd proposal in a negotiation table, which probably left no one happy really.

Rewards:
+ half a year income to your treasury
+ half a year income to your treasury
- I have 1 faa.
- Regarding generals, preferably land based ones, with as many conquistadors as possible included

Last edited:
The Die Is Cast (Sweden 1620-1644)
Ah Brandenburg, that sinister agent of chaos. That mercurial maid of madness. Alas, it had always been complicated. Like a clandestine threesome between blind berserkers - where all parties hated each other´s guts - it had required adept manouvering to escape the snares that had been laid out by the Margrave.

It had been my policy from the very beginning of this campaign to try my utmost to avoid conflict with Brandenburg. Partially this was due to my traditionally pro-German sentiment, partially it had been the consequence of Sweden´s own interests, as I saw them.

With this in mind I had given Brandenburg a wide bearth, even aiding them once versus Poland - an operation I came to regret in hindsight. Long had I felt that Brandenburg had become a danger not just to me but to many countries in its direct vicinity. For its leader seemed hellbent to expand in all directions as aggressively as he could.

Like a rabid dog he thus mauled first Poland repeatedly and then settled in to exchange blows with France. Worse still, he repeatedly engaged in sinister attacks on Sweden´s old and most trusted friend England, even once succeeding in landing forces on that isle and inflicting great pain and suffering on the hardworking Englishers.

So all this Sweden tolerated - even against its own secret doubts - in the naive hope that Brandenburg might keep the peace in the North. Alas, it simply was not to be. The Margrave enlisted the aid of France and - in a surprise attack - inundated Sweden in blood and fire. So seeing the overwhelming forces Sweden was faced with, Sweden surrendered in the first war.

After that I was reeling, under shock. It was under this mindset that I signed a nap with Brandenburg in 1617, immediately after the war. Now, it is true that we originally stipulated the nap was supposed to go till 1620 (something I forgot in all the chaos). Even still as the campaign rules say themselves (I quote):

"1. Any NAP agreement signed for a duration exceeding 20 years is null for whatever portion extends beyond the 20 year period, meaning that either side can declare it invalid past that point without taint to their honor. This does not prevent from regularly renewing NAP agreements, but at no given time can anybody be sure of the security of a border for decades and decades or even centuries, as often occurs."

So if we signed the nap beginning in 1617 and it was good for 20 years it is - per this campaigns own rules - legal to have considered it void in 1637.

The War of Liberation 1637

In any case I raised about 500.000 soldiers and placed them in different locations in central Sweden. Then, in March of 1637 England and Sweden declared war on Brandenburg citing its previous outrages as justification. I swiftly landed around 140.000 troops led by Torstenson in Eastprussia and took it by assault. Subsequently Warmia, Hinterpommern and several other provinces were likewise stormed.

At the same time England focused on taking Brandenburgian colonies in Northern America and did so with remarkable fortitude. Alas, it was not over yet. Brandenburg rallied itself, peaced France and sent substantial forces to the northern theater. I was even temporarily forced by the swarms of Brandenburgian troops bashing things out with Torstenson.

The low point came when I lost a battle and Torstenson withdrew in the wrong direction and was thus - almost - annihilated. However, I simply sent in the next wave of reinforcements. Having control of the sea allowed me to quickly reinforce my troops which - rarely - ventured from the coastline. Thus things soon stabilized and when Brandenburg made the mistake of sending troops into the Baltic I jumped at the chance.

50.000 Brandenburgers advanced too far and were trying to assault Riga, when I landed about 150.000 troops with Torstenson. The resulting battle was rather enjoyable. German forces melted like butter and the few remaining grenadiers fled in panic southwards. Though they were reinforced there, I simply crushed them again and forced them back all the way to Eastern Prussia.

During this time I had sent out about 6-7 stabhits, while receiving about 1-2 myself (for the brief period of time when Brandenburg had the initiative). After decisively defeating the Brandenburgian Baltic Army I was back to stabhitting the Germans. At this point Brandenburg was a wreck. I think its stability was at about -2 and I could see several revolts popping up. So wisely the Margrave accepted the next stabhit.

England and Sweden had triumphed. What will come now no man can know. I expect Brandenburg to try some new form of aggression and will plan accordingly.

Ontime Bonus + AAR Bonus : 12 months cash = 5734 ducats please

Quantity Bonus :
+1 military rating to current king

I have 1 FAA so +1 leader

I´d like to have 2 generals, 2 admirals and 1 conquistador, please. :)

Last edited: