• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Russia. 1592-1620
Russia had some momentum going on, the session was mostly expanding, maneging economy and stabilising the country.
In the start of session, we minted anohter 13k gold, to make 5brand new manufactories, we also took 2 from the khazak people. For the good effort, the nobles blessed us with another2 manufactories... making russia the nr. 1 in the world.
time and money was also spent on making a large standing army, upgrading forts, converting islamist people.
In midsession we dow'ed the steppepeople, taking back the land that is rightfully ours, Russia sought glory, and got it with blod and iron.
An agreement was made with the sultan about merchialising the trade, our poor merchants is constantly beeing harrassed by other countries, making trade a pain. but with the newfound income, we can inport potatoes form Polstria... Good geisture.

But buying all the potatoes had angered the Archduke. Their people was jellous, looking over the boarder with envy, so the archduke declered war. Soon Russia was floded with foreign troops, sieging all. with their supreme moral, from all the propaganda... Russia had to outnumber their forces 2/1. even then Polstria gained ground. not until 2 years later, and a lot of stabhits, we would be Polstriafree.
time not beeing on our side, we offered a peace, in good faith. since they were all pushed back and probably low on manpower. 1 province was ceded, and a lot of brave young men had fallen.

· 1 slider move of choise aar = quality (so slider to 6quality, request to reset the slider is below)
· +half a year income to your treasury 3261.8/2= 1630 (ontime)
· Bonusses you receive * Decentral(max) +quantity (-2)
· Sliders * reset quality to 5
· Manpower * /
· King stats * +2adm +1mil (decen-quan)
my king will die within 5years, so want the stats to the next one

· Tech bonus/Stability bonus * 1year infra (decen) = 3261.8
· Provinces lost due ghost/ai* Buriatia 604, 1602 Karashahr
- Kill rebels
- Also edit 1k from OE treasury to Russian treasury.
- core on any province you currently control (imeretia 469)

Base+fine art = 3/2
Sliderbonus = 3
Total 8
I want = 2 conquista, and rest generals...that would make 4 generals and 2 admirals?

Last edited:
1620-1644

During the session France spend the First decade building up and preparing for war to attack Brandenburg in early 1630 when the nap expired.

This war with Brandenburg was a fairly long and very bloody one mostly because of his insane fortification but he also seemed to always come back in numbers to push me back again and again, fortunately Turenne managed some good victories and was great for assaulting fairly big forts but also lost his share of battles over the years, at first the war was mostly focused on Europe with me trying to push beyond the Rhine most of the time but at some point the entire Brandenburg navy showed up in Indonesia his fleet, I was prepared for this to some degree and had around 400 ships myself in that area to at the time unfortunately I had no admiral which did cost me a lot of ships in the end, I believe I won the first few battles at sea after which john returned and after several trys he managed to sink most of my fleet except for about 85ships, the remains landed in Jakarta with the 40k army that was on board making sure that the cot was out of reach for john at least but Borneo and a few other islands fell to john his troops almost completely which did hurt my war score fairly bad.

Though at some point there was a discussion for peace in exchange for buying 2provinces from john, I withdrew my offer fairly quick when I realized England and Sweden where about to dow and I used the situation to get 4provs for 4000gold (not3k) from john and peaced out fairly fast afterwards

During the next year or 2 I spend a lot of cash o rebuilding my army and clearing rebels only to have Spain dow me out of the blue next, unfortunately for him I had a big infantry army again and Turenne managed to smash Spanish army after army up to the point I probably could have pushed for more than 2provinces, but not wanting to overdo it and the concept of peace was a nice idea by then I offered only 2provinces and Spain accepted, selling me Tuscany for 2000gold as well in the process.

After that France spend the remainder of the session at peace rebuilding and sending out merchants and colonists

Bonusses you receive * aar+ontime
· Sliders *
· Treasury *
· Inflation * -2% (ontime+aar)
· Manpower * /
· King stats *
· Loans*
· Tech bonus/Stability bonus *
· Fine art stab bonus *840
· Diplo-annexations*
· Provinces lost due ghost/ai*

Base+fine art = 3/2
Sliderbonus = 0
Total 5
I want = 2/2/0/1

An age of Blood and Iron or How the Commonwealth of Britain fared: 1644-1670
The Parlament. The Parlament of Britain was on its silent rule, while king Charles the Ist hid somewhere into the forests of Britains. How was a nation to be ruled without a king? The Parlament wouldn't know... So calling somebody to organize this was a must: Oliver Cromwell would be the man.

Cromwell would soon bring peace to the fields of Britain, and organize the nation. Economically, he ensured the trade war vs. Polstria would recede, with each trading closer to its area from now on. Also, more manufactories were built, and now all of the British islands are industrialized. Population would boom under this reign. Monetarily, more and more reforms were introduced.

But... Everybody knows where the 'thick' part is for Britain: The Germans. Soon the truce was set to expire, and so Cromwell had to organize some expeditions, under able commanders, to take over the German colonies for once.

Peace would not last... As soon as the truce was over mutual declarations of war would be received in the courts, and so the Appalachia rivers turned red. Germans would not attempt any offensive into the British colonies this time, as they knew without a big navy such attempt was to be futile. British, on their part, faced large forts and impossible supply chains, so war turned slow. However, after mutual assaults -many failed- and repelling many Germanic forces, the grip would be on the side of Britannia.

However... Conflict would soon turn international. Germany did assault our friend Sweden bloodily, without the war being fair to the great Scandinavia. To make things worse, Ottoman pressure was around the table all of the time. This first war was inconclusive to our alliance due to all of that, with our original plans to sweep them out not working too well. On the good part, New York was finally taken -the jewel of the North Americas-.

Nobody was again happy with the peace, so this had to happen... yet again... And so the ammo was sent to America and Brandenburg yet again ataccked our ally, even if our ally did its best to keep in peace against such bully. Not much could be done, and the war turned into a disaster, where the British intervention was forced to cease as well with little gains. However, in Scandinavia long list of innocent conscripts casualties arrived everyday to every town, such was the Germanic fury. We were forced to separate peace by pressure.

You would expect this German madness to be stopped by somebody... Yet the French and Spanish intervention proved disastrous for these nations. Germany had now proved they can stand against 4 powers, such is the bloodmongering nation made to. In America, the attempt to close their coastal reinforcements got stopped short by the crumbling Spanish defeat in Luisiana, that opened the gates of trade to Brandemburg in the area and kicked the Spanish to the other side of Missisipi. In Germany, the glory of France did not have its best day when yet again lost a province on its side of the Rhine.

Yet... their blood thirst would this time be stopped by Swedish bravery, as the engines of Europe trembled in the face of another German intervention that could bring generalized war centered into Polstria unless the Commonwealth, now under John Lambert, did something to prevent the assault.

Rewards:
- Half a year income
- Half a year income
(4594.2 being my total yearly income).
- All leaders needed conquistadors please
- I have 1 faa. 720D to stab.

A History of the Ottoman Empire: 1644-1670
Reign of Sultan Ibrâhîm I Khan,
Emperor,
Sovereign of the House of Osman,
Sultan of Sultans,
Khan of Khans,
Commander of the Faithful and Successor (Caliph) of the Prophet of the Lord of the Universe,
Custodian of the Holy Sanctuaries (the Holy Cities of Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem),
Lord of all Africa,
Emperor of Rome,
Emperor of The Three Cities of Constantinople, Adrianople and Bursa, and of the Cities of Damascus and Cairo, of all Azerbaijan, of the Magreb, of Barka, of Kairouan, of Aleppo, of the Arabic and the Persian Iraq, of Basra, of Al-Hasa strip, of Ar Raqqah, of Mosul, of Diyarbakır, of Cilicia, of Ahmadabad, of Bombay and the Deccan of India, of the provinces of Erzurum, of Sivas, of Adana, of Karaman, Van, of Abyssinia, of Tripoli, of Damascus, of Cyprus, of Crete, of the province of Morea, of the Mediterranean Sea, the Black Sea and also their coasts, of Anatolia, Rumelia, Baghdad, Kurdistan, Greece, Turkistan, Tartary, of the two regions of Kabarda, of the Steppe of Kypchaks, of the whole country of the Tatars, of the City and Fort of Belgrade, of the province of Serbia, with all the castles and cities, of all Albania, of all Eflak and Bogdania, as well as all the dependencies and borders, and many other countries and cities, of Benin and Songhai, of the Vaal and Transvaal, of the oases of the Sahara and protector of the faithful.

IX-1670a.jpg

Europe 1670

Jean Calvin: or How to be Self-Flagellating Masochist
1644-1648
After waking up from a long nap in 1644 Ibrâhîm noticed a strange change coming from our northern neighbors in Russia. The Tsar desperately wanted us to attack him. Although Ibrâhîm didn't know it at the time, apparently the Tsar had adopted the religion of famed buzz-kill Jean Calvin. Obviously, a nation whose founding principle is the consumption of vodka was not amused at having their buzz killed. Ibrâhîm immediately saw how an invasion of Sunny Soldiers would delight and mollify the Russian peasants. When the Sunny Scouting party arrived in Kouban they were so well-received that they decided to stay and build a shipyard. But that wasn't the end of Calvin's spread! Apparently the Spanish king loved pain so much that he decided to adopt the religion as well. Ibrâhîm was a little confused why so many people suddenly wanted to walk around chanting and hitting their heads with bibles, but he didn't get to ponder it for long because he died. As they say, those are the breaks. Actual recording of Calvinism in Russia

Reign of Sultan Meh.med IV Khan,
Emperor,
Sultan of Sultans,
Khan of Khans,
Commander of the Faithful and Successor (Caliph) of the Prophet of the Lord of the Universe,
Custodian of the Holy Sanctuaries (the Holy Cities of Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem),
Lord of all Africa,
Emperor of Rome,
Emperor of The Three Cities of Constantinople, Adrianople and Bursa, and of the Cities of Damascus and Cairo, of all Azerbaijan, of the Magreb, of Barka, of Kairouan, of Aleppo, of the Arabic and the Persian Iraq, of Basra, of Al-Hasa strip, of Ar Raqqah, of Mosul, of Diyarbakır, of Cilicia, of Ahmadabad, of Bombay and the Deccan of India, of the provinces of Erzurum, of Sivas, of Adana, of Karaman, Van, of Abyssinia, of Tripoli, of Damascus, of Cyprus, of Crete, of the province of Morea, of the Mediterranean Sea, the Black Sea and also their coasts, of Anatolia, Rumelia, Baghdad, Kurdistan, Greece, Turkistan, Tartary, of the two regions of Kabarda, of the Steppe of Kypchaks, of the whole country of the Tatars, of the City and Fort of Belgrade, of the province of Serbia, with all the castles and cities, of all Albania, of all Eflak and Bogdania, as well as all the dependencies and borders, and many other countries and cities, of Benin and Songhai, of the Vaal and Transvaal, of the oases of the Sahara and protector of the faithful.

Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War

Meh.med, fourth of his name, rose to the throne in 1648 in a stunning return of mid-name punctuation to popularity. He was upset at and felt Sweden was untrustworthy because it had attacked the Empire in the past, but had also proved magically impervious to NAPs. He also didn't like how Sweden and England attacked Brandenburg every five years, gobbling more and more land. Meh.med decided to attack with Brandenburg in 1649, when the NAP was up. Unfortunately, Sweden attacked Brandenburg in 1647, two years before our NAP ended. Expecting Brandenburg to hold out for two years, Meh.med built over the support limit, but Brandenburg conceded and the Empire disbanded 100k soldiers and 100 galleys rather than pay 100D/month in maintenance. When 1654 rolled around England again attacked Brandenburg and it was assumed that Sweden would be joining shortly. With the NAP expired, Meh.med was prepared to act and simultaneous invasions of China, West and East Africa were undertaken. Apparently, Russia was also concerned by growing Swedish power and also joined the war.

Although Swedish field armies were relatively small (about 100k in Africa and 20k in China) their fortifications were considerable and Meh.med showed a remarkable lack of care about feeding his soldiers. The most poignant waste of life occurred with the overland invasion of China from Persia. Deciding that loading men onto ships to sail them to China was "too much trouble" Meh.med ordered 300k to march in detachments from Persia. A few died crossing the Zagros, more died crossing the Hindu Kush. When they got to the Himalayas they asked if they might get some food but were told to stop complaining. Eventually about 100k made it to China, but that proved too few men to be decisive so Meh.med raised more men to repeat the journey!

Swedish Africa was much more actively defended by about 100k men in two armies under Swedish conquistadors. In addition multiple medium and large forts in provinces with 2-8 supply limits meant there was no way to progress without great loss of life. Fortunately, life is cheap in the Ottoman Empire and the low support limits meant that anytime the Swedish field armies engaged Ottoman forces they took considerable attrition as well. Eventually weight of numbers wore down the Swedes and they were pushed back. In 1656 they accepted a pretty brutal peace deal surrendering four provinces in Europe and three (much more inconsequential) provinces in West Africa.

Following the war Swedish diplomats tried to convince the Ottomans to attack Russia, and then the Russians to attack the Ottomans, but both declined. Negotiations to sell four provinces in Africa for a NAP went nowhere so preparations for war were renewed around 1660, war was declared in 1661. This time the Russians decided to stay out, but the Swedes found help from an unlikely sector: the alliance of former rivals Spain and France, now united in Self-Flagellating Calvinism, joined the war in 1662, looking to inflict pain on themselves and their subjects. Quick progress was made in West Africa now that the initial line of fortifications had been breached in the last war. Progress in China was much slower however, and neither CoT was captured as the Squadron of the Sunny East and its expeditionary force had been waiting in Qeshm and didn't arrive before the French declaration of war. With the French entry it was rerouted toward Indonesia but quickly turned around when it saw the French fleet numbered some 650 ships, compared to its own mere 500. The French pursued in the strait of Malacca and were pushed back with light casualties on both sides, but I didn't want to pursue and continue fighting in French national waters.

In Europe, France had a NAP with Brandenburg, and Spain had a NAP with me so France invaded the Balkans with MA from Austria (which probably constitutes a NAP break, but I didn't complain at the time since I didn't want Austria to DOW too) and Spain invaded the Rhineland with MA from France. This awkward arrangement wasn't really conducive to offensive operations and the allies made little progress. Turenne managed to capture two forts, but that was all. Meanwhile, Sweden had been eating stabhits and peaced out surrendering two Balkan provinces to Brandenburg and six African provinces to the Empire. I would have been content to accept a white peace at this point with Spain and France, but they wanted a province for their trouble. When the NAP ran out and France realized he wasn't getting anywhere in the Balkans they refocused their efforts on the Rhine.

I still wasn't pursuing the war with much vigor, but John wanted to fight on so I re-routed a conquistador from West Africa to North Africa and raised about 100k for him to fiddle around with. I noticed that Spain had sailed his 1200 Galley fleet--roughly equal to mine--to the Adriatic to defend Venice for Drake, and considered challenging him but didn't want to waste a bunch of money in what I considered a fairly pointless war. When I saw Drake's 600 ships sailing around the boot of Africa to join TC I figured I could maul the fleet without many losses (I was two naval CRTs up on Drake, had home waters and a 6-5-5 admiral). Drake quickly retreated after losing maybe 20 ships and I pursued into the Spanish fleet, which was also a CRT behind. 1200 galleys vs 1800 might seem like a bad fight, but I won pretty decisively sinking about 400 ships and only losing 200. I pursued then re-routed back to the Aegean to pick up an expeditionary force of around 100k plus 300 cannons to assault Venice. I had unloaded the army in Venice by the time Spain and France reformed their navies and came to contest me. This time it was about 1100 Ottoman ships vs 1300 allied resulting in another resounding victory for the Turk. The Venice assault was a success and I moved my army south to capture Romagna where the allied fleet was hiding, hoping to force them into another battle.

In North Africa I hadn't met any resistance and my conquistador had assaulted up to Tunis. John was stabbing Spain for the Louisiana CoT he'd somehow managed to capture. I'd also sent my old Chinese expeditionary force (which never made it to China) to South America to capture the Spanish CoT there, but at this point France and Spain asked for terms. After some wrangling Spain agreed to give up the Louisiana CoT to Brandenburg and two provinces (still sunny!) to the Empire in North Africa. France gave up Venice and Koln.

During the war I'd forgotten to deal with rebels in Nubia which formed my backup land connection to Africa and they revolted. Oh well, +3 badboy. In brighter news I had pretty good random events this session; I guess everyone does every session with these random events we're using. Exceptional year and several plus manpower events. I also had a deflation after the war so I took the -1 quality and got -5 inflation from that one. Those deflations allowed me to have 42k in losses this session and still deflate overall.

Edits:
Bonuses: AAR/Ontime/Decentralized (0)
Sliders: None
Treasury: None
Inflation: -2% (ontime/AAR)
+2 admin for Meh.med IV (decentralized)
Tech bonus/Stability bonus: +12month income to trade tech (9806)
Fine art stab bonus: 5040
Core on Sotho (1622)
Leaders:
base + FAA = 4/4
Sliders: 2
Total leaders: 4 generals, 2 conqs, 2 admirals 2 explorers
+2 maneuver
Reset BB/Austrian land sliders ;)
Edit Buddhist religion in Japan
Delete extra Swedish and English warships
Delete MA with AI except:
Vijayangar and Hyderabad

name = "November 25, 1542 : Hyderabad accepted peace with Ottoman Empire on the following terms : Hyderabad pays "
name = "50$ in indemnities. Hyderabad will have to give up military access."

name = "March 5, 1542 : Vijayanagar accepted peace with Ottoman Empire on the following terms : Vijayanagar pays 75$ "
name = "in indemnities. Colombo to Ottoman Empire & Maledives to Ottoman Empire. Vijayanagar will have to give up "
name = "military access."

Luxury manu stab: (interestingly we've had 24 year sessions for 3 sessions in a row!) (edit: apparently I can't subtract 44 from 70 correctly)
OE 5460
Spain 780
France 780
Russia 1560
Sweden 780
England 780
BB 1560
Austria 2340

Last edited:
Brandenburg: 1644-1670

It was to be yet another exciting session, full of ups and downs, but this time more of the upward kind. In the inter-week period, I put a lot of effort into gathering an anti-Swedish coalition, to punish them for their NAP breach. Which I do have proof of, if anyone wonders. I happened to make my own save in 1620, and thus I have a copy of Brandenburg-Swedish exchanges relating to that NAP. We agreed in Oct 1619 to have the NAP go from 1620. While the 20 year rule still makes the last two months defunct, the English-Swedish DOW in 1637 was still very much a flagrant NAP break.

It is fortunate that I have this proof, in light of Swedish attempts to make it look like I've just been being sloppy in my reckoning. I've shared the save with one other, but anyone else that is curious is welcome to it as well.

The upshot to the suffering Brandenburg experienced at the end of the last session is that Sweden befouled its reputation, which led, in combination with some other factors, to the successful forming of a coalition, involving Brand, the OE, and finally Russia.

Before we could get ready to make our righteous war though, Sweden and England came at me to scoop up more territory. Such was the intensity of their attack, that I simply had to relent. I lost too much warscore too quickly, and I wasn't about to take more stabhits, with my sliders as they are. So I gave up Prussia, along with some more North American territory.

The nice thing about giving up the North American land is that I was getting rid of easy warscore for England, while holding onto my best forts in NA, the ones that take him the longest to capture and tend to cost him the most troops each time. And in Europe, the loss of Prussia meant little in the long run, because it meant more ws was exposed to me. This also gave me another example to point to revealing just how much of a threat this aggressive English-Swedish alliance poses my country. What was to follow was to be not merely a string of punitive wars, but an effort to reduce the very serious threat England aligned with Sweden poses to Brandenburg.

So 5 years after this truce, Brandenburg and the OE commenced the war. But it began in an unsurprising way, with England DOWing me yet again! But they didn't invite Sweden, and so we DOW'd them, separating their alliance.

The OE began the assault in China, largely overrunning Swedish defenses. I had a smaller force sent to the East to aid them, and together we were able to take control, and get all that warscore in our hands to support the demands that were to come.

Meanwhile, in Europe, Jutland was captured, and Hinter, and then Prussia, with the army getting ready to push further up the Baltic. It wasn't to be necessary, though, as we had by this time gained more than enough warscore. The OE had made a fairly successful push in Africa besides. And soon Russia entered the war, after some of Sweden's army had been reduced, as planned, so that they could have a strong chance of breaking into Finland, which they soon did with a successful assault of the first mighty fort there.

Demands were the Finnish fort for Russia, Hinter, Warmia, and Prussia for Brandenburg, and some African provs for the OE. It was a success, but there was still much work in front of us. Meanwhile, England gained land in NA. I simply could not hold them back while also going on the offensive in Europe. So they at last took Manhattan from me.

Comparing the situation to 1616, I was still way, way behind. Besides the four Rhineland provs lost, I had two provs fewer, vis a vis Sweden, than I had in 1616, before selling him the two for a NAP. And then there were all the lands lost in NA and Australia.

But we sought to reverse this some more after 5 more years, and the next round was also a successful one. Swedish land was overrun on the continent once again, with Jutland falling, and then my army making a progressive, mostly successful march up the Baltic coast.

The same campaign was fought in China as well, with similar albeit slightly less total success, and the OE captured a lot of land in West Africa. In the end, I took Jutland and Samagotia, and I think the OE took four more provs in West Africa. Unfortunately, Sweden accepted the stabhit before we could get a prov for Russia.

By this time, Spain and France had entered the war in Sweden's aid, though they weren't very successful. For my part, I faced a Spanish invasion along the Rhine, which was easily brushed away with the forces I diverted. This got us a lot of warscore, and then when the truce with France expired and their troops starting coming across, they were also successfully repulsed, because by this time I had gotten peace with Sweden.

In NA, England was trouncing me once again, but I still had some forces left in my interior, and was able to use these to capture New Orleans, which was now the goal. And after some fighting, we made peace for New Orleans, one other prov there, and Venice and two N African provs. England then stabhit for three more NA provs, which I had no choice but to give them.

Overall, Brand has lost much more land than it's gained, comparing to 1616, mostly because of England's continued successes. You can see this in the income. Brandenburg's income hasn't gone up a bit, while England has really done quite well out of it. But Sweden has been greatly weakened.

I made one more war against Sweden toward the end, which has gone on now for about a year. It's just a 1v1. Nobody else could even join if they wanted to because of truces. Except the OE, but I softheartedly didn't invite them, because I thought it'd be nice to have a sporty limited war after all the rounds of big wars. The truces all expire in a year though, so we'll see what happens.

Rewards:

Bonuses received: Ontime, AAR, Full Decentralized
Treasury: 2197(Half a year for ontime)
Kingstats: +2 admin, +4 mil(AAR)
Fine arts stab bonus: 1440
Core: 512(Erfurt)
reset land slider

Leaders:
Base + FAA = 3/2
Sliders = 2

Total:
4/3/0/0

Last edited:
POLSTRIA 16 something - 16 something
The Emperor of Polstria is dissappointed how untrustworthy his neighbours are. Turks are offering NAPs but keeps ploting with dictator in Russia. That is why there was no other choice like to declare war on Tsar the moment NAP expired. He somehow suspected that and amassed a lot of troops, but Polish spirit and morale are immortal and soon Russians started to loose. If not only that stupid winter... Polstria lost a lot of men and there is rising pressure to end war despite the fact that we are winning. Also Tsar escaped to Siberia, and there is nobody to make diplomacy with for some time, so conflict is kinda frozen. So again, stupid winter.

As for other nations, well... Fat Frog France keeps eating but we are in stable relations with them, as they finally stopped to help to infidels who occupy ConstantinoPOLE.

Also Brandenburg seems to be happy with good relations with Emperor, but you never know what Johan I the Crazy next step will be, so just in case we are NAPped.

There is also that Smelly Seal Sweden, with Gustavus Adolphus Hitlers still in control, but their evil ideas fortunately don't cross Baltic sea and our society is free of fascism.

Actually Polstria is most innovative and open country in the world. Everybody praises us for being such a nice people.

Ah the Silly Spanish Stud. Yes, Spain was nice but now seems far away with thoughts in America, not its motherland in Wienna. Pity.

Some say, that somewhere north there is a country called England, but since they are not in the international community on Skype and do not attends bals in Wienna, than well we know nothing about them. 4000 gold and maps could help us to learn bit more, so Holy Roman Emperor waits for offer from the ancient roman city of London.

Where is the cash and maps?! We want maps and we want gold from New World! We demand it And we don't want more potatoes!

Gold please, as much as possible. 3200?
And that ontime bonus and monarch too.

Spain: 1644-1670

I like to think that Spain surprised everyone this session by making the rather precipitous decision to convert to Reformed. Normally, doing so would have been a catastrophically silly move, exposing the country to massive instability and a drain on the treasury as a result of the scores of conversions. But France, in a bout of pious silliness, agreed to spend 16,000 ducats and guarantee a defensive alliance during the conversion process. This, combined with the trade and morale bonuses that would accrue from Calvinism were enough to persuade me. Spain even toyed with the thought of converting, but then converting back once the Edict of Tolerance fired, meaning Spain would have gained 16,000 ducats at the cost of only 6 or so stability, which with full serfdom and narrowminded sliders could easily be made up for. But a number of factors convinced me to go ahead with it, and surprisingly the conversions were generally a success. With only a few setbacks, I managed to convert all of non-Portuguese Spain, North Africa, and southern Italy, as well as a smattering of provinces in the New World. The process will no doubt continue under the truly magnificent King Carlos II, once he receives his infusion from Spain's access to the fabled fountain of youth.

Spain was also able to make good use of the money France provided to bolster the economy. Trade, of course, was strengthened to a degree, which made up for the temporary conversion losses. But a number of manufacturies, as well as chief judges, were raised, along with another shipyard in Valencia. Colonization of northern Mexico and central Argentina also rounded out Spain's general expansion.

The session also saw a closing of the rift between Spain and France. Florence and the Papal Marche were returned to Spain, in exchange for North American provinces we never got around to swapping. Spain also facilitated France's war with Japan, a war that dragged on interminably due to the suicidal tendencies of the technologically comparable Japanese, who were able to badly attrition the French armies just as they had the Spanish decades before.

The session witnessed a variety of wars in Europe, most of which Spain remained uninvolved in. However, the series of wars between England-Sweden and Brandenburg-Ottoman Empire, already a badly-uneven matchup, forced Spain to take action once the third such conflict erupted. France concurred, and plans quickly went into motion. Non-aggression pacts forced us to deploy our armies in an awkward, non-optimal way, which I believe is chiefly responsible for the defeat suffered, though my accidental failure to raise maintenance no doubt contributed to the string of defeats suffered along the Rhine at the hands of the Germans. Nevertheless, with the Germans pressing on the Rhine, seemingly unstoppable on the Mississippi, and Ottoman armies in northern Italy and North Africa, peace was agreed with the loss of Tunisia and Louisiana. There were, of course, other factors contributing to the defeat: Carlos II's military score, misclicks and sloppy mistakes in fighting, the general overpowered condition of the enemy alliance, and so on.

Nevertheless, Spain can look on the last 25 years with some degree of satisfaction. There is still plenty of conversion left to do, but it lacks the urgency of the first round which converted Spanish Europe. Reformed bonuses will allow Spain to break back into the trading game, and Spain is well-placed to exploit these new AAR bonuses. :p

Bonuses: AAR/Ontime/Decentralized (max)/Quantity (max)
Sliders: +2 Land (Quantity)
Manpower: +2 manpower in provinces 436, 393, 439 (Quality)
King stats: +6 mil (AAR/ontime/quantity), +6 admin (AAR/ontime/decentralized), +4 diplo (AAR/ontime)
Tech bonus/Stability bonus: +1 year income naval = 6359
Fine art stab bonus: 780
Core provinces: 732 737 (Quantity/decentral)
Leader stats: +3 fire (Quantity)
Building: Conscription Center in province 393 (Quantity)

Base+fine art = 3/2
Sliderbonus = 3
Total 8
I want 4 generals/1 conquistador/3 admirals

Last edited:
Trials and Tribulations (Sweden 1644-1670)

It was a bad time to be a Swede. There I was planning a session of detente and relaxation when I was suddenly and most rudely arrested. Brandenburg, that rancidly ghouty ruffian had decided to wage war versus Sweden. And, more to the point, he had brought some friends.

The whole first episode played off roughly like this image here:

13b5e3851924713e7.jpg

I was in the middle and around me were swarthy Russians, oliy Ottomans and fiendish Germans. It was not a pretty position to be in. Grimly I fought on, trying to stem the tide of evil. Alas, it was to no avail. Too many forces launched themselves across the borders, too many armies were out for Swedish blood.

So a harsh peace was accepted as the alternative would have been even worse. A mere 5 years later the same painful procedure repeated itself. This time Spain and France valiantly came to the rescue, only to be likewise defeated in battle and abused by the most horrid peace demands.

After that I simply tried to get back on my (bruised) feet. It was not to be. The crazed Margrave was still out for blood! What can you expect from someone as rabid as he? So war returned to the North and how it will end now no man can know.

Geopolitically, Sweden´s position at present roughly resembles this:

1703828ca72f38129.jpg

Hopefully the coming session will prove more to our liking.

Bonuses: Ontime/Quantity/AAR
AAR: -1 inflation
Sliders: +3 Quantity
King stats: +6 mil (ontime/quantity), +2 admin (quantity), +2 diplo (quantity)
Fine art stab bonus: ???
Core provinces: 307 (Quantity)
Leader stats: +3 fire (Quantity)
Building: Conscription Center in province 257 (Quantity)

Total 7
I want 4 generals/1 conquistador/2 admirals

My pardons for any mistakes.

Last edited:
Session started with a big chunk of money, 10k had been saved up. but something strange had happen... reformist had strike, taken control over muscow and converted all leaders in the country, there was no other option than accept this.conversion started at the major cities, muscow, Astrakhan, Samarkand, all succesfull. Soon the rest shall follow their lead.

The french offered a lot of gold as compensation, it will greatly help.

In midsession, war broke out. poor swedes was get brutaly murded, a true genocide. 200k russians swarmed Viborg, assulting it down to dust. The forces was overwhelming, ang the swedish king accepted a humilitaing peaceoffer.
But they did not have time to rest, 5 years went by... and soon war scorched the earth again. This time the Czar stayed out, but a foolish decision was made, while having a Vodkasession.
Russia was throwned into war, the pessants hated it... bringing great amount of instability.

but the war was short, nothing major for Russia... that soon would find itself in another war, pesky Austrian... occupieing Poland... Used their superior navy to harrasse the people of caucistan... but the russian defended bravly, and the war soon ended in Austrians assulting, russian defending. a lot of back and forward... but our forces should prevail, and gods might will strike them down

· Bonusses you receive * Decentral(max)+aar+ontime
· Sliders * +1 quality (on time)
· Treasury * 1833 (AAR) +2080 from french treasury = 3913
· Inflation *
· Manpower * /
· King stats * +2 admin rating for your current king
· Loans*
· Tech bonus/Stability bonus * 1year landtech (decen) = 3665
· Fine art stab bonus *1560
· Diplo-annexations*
· Provinces lost due ghost/ai*

Base+fine art = 3/2
Sliderbonus = 1
Total 6
I want = 3 generals, 2 admirals and 1 conquista

+1 core on any province you currently control

Last edited:
France 1644-1670

France before the session was a bit bored and in a stroke of silliness i decided to offer Spain and Russia to turn reformed to become brothers of the faith in exchange for financial aid and a few other things in Spain his case.

Most of the session I ended up minting to pay for this and a new round for manufactories to I ended up building a fair amount but my inflation got a bit higher then I wanted during all this,

At some point in the session ottos decided to gank Sweden and England with Brandenburg and because ottomans alone is almost a gank at this point vs most of his neighbors we felt it was needed to try to help out a little bit, unfortunately I was very unprepared and made a silly move in the Balkans when I should have played this war a lot smarter to be honest, it didn’t help that me and Spain where both in a situation where we lacked the same naval crt as the ottoman empire did causing us to lose significant losses in the med combined with shitty warscore vs john we ended up losing cologne and Venice showing that France should be better prepared for things like this in the future and stop acting silly. Spain also lost a cot in new Orleans

The rest of the session was spend rebuilding the army, navy and preparing for war but it seemed war has been averted for now with Brandenburg and ottos forcing us to pay a lot of gold to get both provinces back. Guess we will see what the future brings but France priority at the moment is retaking my land and finishing the war with Nippon

aar+ontime reward
1faa

A History of the Ottoman Empire: 1670-1688
Reign of Sultan Meh.med IV Khan,
Emperor,
Sultan of Sultans,
Khan of Khans,
Lord of all Africa,
Emperor of Rome,

IX-1688a.jpg

Europe 1688

"It was a just a mistake," you said,
but it felt like the mistake was mine,
for trusting you.

An Ottoman Perspective

Toward the end of the last session France and Spain joined England and Sweden in their war vs Brandenburg and the OE. I was a little surprised at the time since I'd maintained good relations with France for the entire game, helping him on multiple occasions. I'd also consistently refused NAPs with Spain which would have left France exposed to gangs at a very vulnerable times, including when he was dowing AIs in Indonesia and had just converted to reformed. He had -6 stab for a lot of the session and high WE as well. Spain instead chose to gang me repeatedly for 'interfering in his affairs.' France was of considerable help during one of these gangs, but not particularly helpful in others (due to low stab and, ironically, a NAP with Spain--that's right, I refused a NAP with Spain if it didn't include France, but France turned around and signed one with Spain). Well back to the present day (last session) France and Spain join to defend Sweden/England (which France also fought 2v2 with John, in a matchup as unbalanced as OE/BB vs the same). Sweden was defeated before they could make an impact, but they initially refused white peace until it was clear that they were losing--suggesting that their attack was a little more opportunistic than they admitted. John wanted to take something, and I wanted some insurance that this kind of thing wouldn't happen again so I demanded Venice and two provinces in North Africa, offering to sell them back for a NAP as I was demanding them. A nap was signed with France (on Tuesday, before any discussion of allowing vassals began) for the return of Venice. He, rather hypocritically, justified the upcoming diplomatic 180 by claiming I was beating up poor Sweden, though he did the exact same thing with John in 1613 or so and even killed G2A while doing it. However, I guess it's easy to be magnanimous in victory so I didn't hold a grudge. I'd also had some discussions with drake in his capacity as GM about leaving part of Mughals intact (to simulate me releasing vassals, which is banned, more on this later).

So as we begun the new session, I had NAPs with Spain (I'd sold the two provinces back) and France. However, as they'd signed these NAPs and professed friendship (Drake) or at least neutrality (TC), they were--using the knowledge gained by discussing it with Drake as GM--plotting to vassalize the Mughals. When I protested their action they gleefully reminded me that we had a NAP. I could almost see the twinkle in TC's eye as he joyously celebrated his "diplomatic coup." Under the flimsy justification that I didn't specifically forbid them from doing this in the NAP (forget the fact that Drake was banned by rule from doing it when the NAP was signed), that pair of napbreakers actually had the nerve to claim "NAPs aren't worth the paper they're written on these days" when I actually did something to stop their aggression. When I (and I assume most people) sign NAPs I expect my treaty partner to not make aggressive actions towards me, but spelling them all out would be tedious. Some examples from small (probably not worth abrogating a NAP) to large: 1) Consistently spamming COTs without TA. 2) Using RM to spy and refusing to cancel it. 3) Banning me from trade. 4) going after areas that are clearly in my sphere of influence (For example: OE colonizing in South America or Indonesia/annexing AIs there if they still existed). 5) Aiding an enemy in war by allowing them to use MA against me. And so on...

Following his napbreak, I dowed Drake, and TC joined him (breaking his NAP with me before the truce from the province transfer had ended). After a bit of fighting we agreed that neither of us would vassalize the Mughals. Then we crashed and the war was erased (including TC's truce break stabhits, lucky him), but we maintained the agreement.

More War and Clemency

I spent the next decade or so just sitting around. TC spent it breaking the vassalization rule while our GM cheered him on. So, when HAL started beating up on Russia again with his eternal uberleaders I was bored enough to do something about it despite knowing that I'd probably get ganged by France and a 650MP (thanks to a rule break) Spain. When they defend Sweden 4vs2 it's 'not too serious,' but when I defend Russia 2vs1 it's proof of my aggression and greed. Especially since I started the war by explicitly stating that I was demanding nothing for myself or Russia. If you want to intervene fine (he is your [illegal] vassal after all), but don't be so self-righteous and hypocritical about it. The war went pretty poorly at first, most of my assaults in Hungary failed and Drake was moving armies to defend it so HAL didn't have divert any troops. In hindsight, I probably should have focused on helping Russia retake provinces instead of launching an offensive into Hungary. Despite this, Delian had a good chance to make a comeback since he got an event that boosted his quality (to 10) and land (+3) and gave him 3 stab and about 100k troops. However, in the misclick of the century Delian accidentally accepted a stabhit losing him 6 provinces.

Despite their protestations that they were just defending HAL, Spain and France refused WP and started sieging the Balkan provinces along the Adriatic. After taking a few months of 25% attrition they backed off and Drake started an amphibious offensive in Sri Lanka and TC attacked in North Africa. Fortunately, I'd stationed 30k on the middle (landlocked) mountain province of Sri Lanka for just this occasion (which I've been paying support for for about 200 years). Well they finally got to earn their pay. Drake landed about 150k men under a conq, assaulted the first fort and moved to attack my 30k, attritioning down to about 90-120k before arriving (just an estimate, I wasn't watching too closely). I won the first battle and by the time he recovered and defeated the remnants he was down to about 30k. Meanwhile I'd been using my warship fleet to assault Spain's colonial COTs and landed a Conq with about 90k in Argentina. I was also marshaling my Indian armies for a counter-attack into Sri-Lanka (about 60k men). By the time Drake subdued Sri Lanka, I had close to 80 warscore on TC but wasn't really interested in fighting the war. They made one last attempt, attacking my galley fleet in the Aegean, but got pushed back with heavy losses: about 850 ships to my 100 between that battle and the follow-up (using stats to judge losses, that was the only naval campaign of significance for any of us). Well now the defensive alliance which only wanted to help poor HAL finally agreed to a white peace which I was probably too lenient in giving them considering I had over 80 warscore on Spain and could've stabbed him for all of Argentina. Overall, a pretty cancerous session between the nap breaking and rule breaking.

mW5Hewx.jpg

The Battle of the Lesbian Strait
Edits: TBD
Bonuses: AAR/Ontime/Decentralized (0)
Sliders: Central +9 (+7 reset, +2 aar/ontime)
Inflation:
+2 admin for Süleymân II (decentralized)
Tech bonus/Stability bonus: +12month income to LT (10036)
Fine art stab bonus: 3780
Core on 506
Leaders:
base + FAA = 4/4
Sliders: 1
Total leaders: 2 generals, 2 conqs, 2 admirals 2 explorers (if explorers get bonus stats, 4 admirals if they don't)
+2 maneuver
Reset everyone's land sliders ;)
Check warships
Fix Ashanti mixup (provs 1493 1703)
Remove Austrian vassalage and extra Spanish MP.

Luxury manu stab (country/#of manus/years/total--just look at the last number)
OE 7 18 3780
spain 1 18 540
france 4 18 2160
russia 2 18 1080
sweden 1 18 540
england 1 18 540
bb 2 18 1080
austria 2 18 1080

Last edited:
Brandenburg 1670-1688.

It was to be a frustrating, expensive, inconclusive session. Not very good, not very bad, and not very satisfying. I won a war against Swengland, and lost a war against Swengland, in each, gaining or losing a prov.

When I left off, I was at war with Sweden. The English, French, and Spanish truces were expiring in less than a year, but I had managed to get a deal with France as part of the sale of Koln, guaranteeing peace while I fought my wars with Sweden.

I had 230k marshaled for a grand offensive up the Baltic provs, and more being recruited at the same time. Meanwhile, Copenhagen was under siege by 70k, and that prov was surely to fall soon. I had at least 40 warscore laying before me, if I could just break into enough of the Baltic.

Curonia fell, and then the small fort to the east was stormed through, but Sweden landed with some major forces, and there was some intense fighting. But they generally lost these exchanges, and I kept reinforcements pouring in. It wasn't very long before I began stabhitting for Sjaellend, and then Sjaellend + Curonia.

Sweden refused, and refused, and refused... For many months. Their stab dropped to -3, and they were slowly turning into a bloody mess. The cretinous, vile, unruly, rude, ruffians were simply too thirsty for blood to consider something so reasonable. They preferred to be dragged through the foulest muck, the smelliest swamps. They preferred pain, and misery, to peace. So that's what I gave them. Pain, and misery, in ample doses. For two years, this is what I gave them, and then, at last, they signed peace for Curonia(by this time, a combined Swenglish force had managed to take Copenhagen back), in what I can only assume was, considering their masochistic bent, a misclick.

Since it was obvious to me that the wanton, self flagellating, pain loving masochists of Sweden had not gotten their full fill of suffering, I thought it only right that I should DOW them again in 5 years. So I did. I DOW'd England (which is the same as DOWing Sweden, since they are effectively the same country).

This war went similarly to the first, with my armies occupying Fyn, and then Sjaellend, and bursting into the Baltic provs, quickly racking up enough to give Sweden some of the stabhits that they, in their depraved lust, so crave. I could see rebels springing up here and there, and could only imagine the pleasure they were taking in being punished in this way.

Meanwhile, the naval war was going in a very interesting way. I first managed to defeat the English fleet off Jutland, destroying about 200 of their ships thanks home waters advantage. They lost even more when they retreated into the open ocean waters of the North sea. And then I sailed east to do the same to the Swedish fleet. They received their punishment, and then retreated to the coast of Stockholm.

But in NA, the war was not going very well. The troops I had over there were worn down, and I couldn't replace them quickly enough to hold things together and, like all the wars before it, I began to lose territory, and this WS was to be my undoing.

I continued to stabhit Sweden until the wars close, but then finally England gained enough warscore to not only offset my WS on Sweden, but also get their combined WS up to stabhitting range. It was the reversal of naval power in the Baltic, and their recapture of Sjaellend and Fyn, that finally put it over the edge. Duly I was sent a stabhit for Hinterpommern, and I accepted. The Swedes might enjoy having their faces dragged through the mud, but Germans do not, so that was that.

Rewards:

Bonuses received: Ontime, AAR, Full Decentralized
Treasury: 4607(Half a year for ontime, half for AAR)
Tech: 4607 to land. Also, take 5600 out of infra, and put it into land.
Kingstats: +2 admin(Decentralized)
Fine arts stab bonus: 1080
Core: 373(Baden/Rastatt) +344 (Cologne)
reset land slider
Set centralization to 7, for the one time switch.

Leaders: 2/2/0/2 (All +3 maneuver. +2 for decentral, + 1 for them not getting it last session).

Last edited:
Still 300 years before internet, or a brief AAR on England: 1670-1688
So here we went again. Time to trade? Probably, but we were too busy as Essex Cot disappeared for unknown reasons. Then there was the Polstrian trade, trying to kick us out massively from French cots, which was anwered by our hit-the-mole policy, which in turn kicked out Spanish merchants, leading to an Spanish answer to recover their own trade. That made it endless the trade war during the whole session. Next session I guess even more trade war vs. damned Polstrians trade invaders.

Now forget all the remaining boring economic part and let's get straight to wars:

The truce with Germans soon expired, leading to an intervention into the fragile war theater. That intervention tried to help as much as possible, yet the Germans decided it was time to blackmail by abusing civilians, leading to a marginal defeat of the victimized North, with Prussians plundering and killing in an alliance with death itself against the civilian population, which forced a peace to the otherwise unbroken Nordics.

Yet this would not stop there. Unsurprisingly, 5 years after, Germany decided to atacck England for no particular reason except we always are in war, with the Sweden joining, as in the past Germans had anyway assaulted them when we were assaulted ourselves (so it was pointless keeping neutral).

Europe: England had predicted the German DOW, so a navy had been dispatched to Baltic. Germany assaulted this splitted navy, being narrowly defeated by our shocked admirals. Still, it was forced to leave for port, as German navy would spam reinforcements. Germany blitzed Swedish navy again as well, and again, assaulting the Baltic area in battles onward and forward. This time, Germany would begin a massive naval building project, with over 1600 galleys death during the whole war, as they stubbornly pledged for supremacy in the Baltic waters. However, the combinated power of the alliance eventually managed to break such naval build up at great cost, but that would be at the end of the war, as for the moment Germans mostly dominated the waters around the Sund. Germany tried to blitz into Sweden itself, taking some cities that later would be retaken by the counteroffensive. War kept onwards and forward with mutual assaults for now.

Meanwhile, in America, the German forces presented resistance and managed, even if outnumbered, to badly defeat England in some battles as they wanted to prevent the fall of key New Orleans area. Eventually, British reinforcements which were led by Irish officers -men who disdained death as they would starve if still civilians anyway- managed to defeat the German forces, and began to slowly siege the forts in the area.

As this happened,Germany did its usual move of invading Australia with a big force. They were first stopped by the hard shape of the terrain, but later British troops lost badly some battles, allowing the occupation of a part of SouthEastern Australia. However, British did not surrender, and regrouping-reinforcing managed to defeat the invading force, which had it much harder to receive reinforcements than us, so logically was slowly forced back.

Back to America, New Orleans fell, and with it came the march to North by the British Expeditionary Forces. A last German army was recruited in the area, but was crushingly defeated, allowing the final advance on the remaining German possesions in Central Kentucky and its surroundings.

In Australia, the lost provinces were besieged and turned under their lawful control one step at a time.

In Baltic, Swedish naval victories after a period of slow activity with some battles in Latvia did weaken the Germany navy, which was ultimately defeated with the arrival of Fresh British reinforcements, which defeated the own German reinforcements who were leaving the powerful Oldemburg area shipyards. Sweden managed to calm down the area, even if strongly assaulted by the repetition of total-war-vs.-civilians tactics by the German forces, which so hepful had been to them the previous war. This would weaken the logical time for counter-offensive, increasing our interest to end the war.

Finally, the remaining German possesions in America were occupied by bare-chest assault, as the remaning German militia saw itself too isolated to keep up the war in the area, and even if Australia's invasion force was beefed up with the arrival of German reinforcements, they were restricted to keep in their only colony in the area by a massive English levy.

Now Sweden could be the one demanding stuff in this war for once, and during some preliminary negotiations HinterPommern was asked for, something Germans gave up as they lost their own interest in keeping up a struggle too costly to make sense anymore.

The German atacck had been repelled, and we enjoyed peace once more.

Rewards:
- 1 move towards plutocracy
- 1 inflation away
- All leaders needed conquistadors please
- I have 1 faa. 720D to stab.

Note:
- No idea on Essex Cot and rules.

Spain: 1670-1688

Spain started the session well enough. With Carlos II boosted, I could look forward to another round of conversions, and continuing the growth of Spanish trade thanks to the Reformed religion conversion of the previous session. The big thing, however, was the deal concluded between Polstria and the Franco-Spanish alliance, whereby Polstria would accept Spanish sovereignty in exchange for a large sum of money. Having concluded non-aggression pacts with the Ottomans (a deal which included the return of Tunisia at a price), it was felt that the best way to secure Polstria from a Turkish attack would be to place him securely under our security umbrella.

As it happened, plans fell off the rails relatively quickly. France declared war upon the Mughal Empire as I hurried to reach the next naval CRT level to counterbalance the decisive disadvantage of the previous session. France seems to have misjudged Mughal tenacity, however, and the war dragged on for quite some time. The prolonged length of the war was too much for the Ottomans, who had been making noises of displeasure about things. Finally, the Ottomans declared war on France, breaking the non-aggression pact they had signed. This violation left the Spanish NAP a dead letter, and Spain saw no reason not to intervene on behalf of its ally. But before the war could continue, the host crashed and it was decided that there would be a "white peace" of sorts. Though the war had not actually been fought in-game, it was still regarded to have been "fought."

In any case, Spain continued on its business, trading, teching, and building. During the lull in hostilities, the Polstrian vassal requested permission to fight Russia, which I granted. This, too, perturbed the Ottomans, who eventually intervened when it was looking as though Russia would be defeated, which required them to also declare war on me, which depending on how one looks at the previous "war" could have been construed as a NAP break.

In any case, the war went relatively poorly. I transfered the bulk of my forces to the Balkans in order to take the fight directly to the enemy and shield my vassal, but Russia accepted a stabhit peace, dropping Polstria and Russia out of the conflict, and leaving my forces stranded on a now-empty front. A few perfunctory moves were made to harass Ottoman Libya, and a combined Franco-Spanish galley fleet attempted to sail into the Aegean, where it was resoundingly defeated with much loss of fleet strength. Meanwhile, the Ottomans struck Spanish America, landing armies first at St. Helena before proceeding to Buenos Aires and sweeping through Argentina. My colonial army, led by a 776 conquistador, was badly out of position in Mexico, and was repeatedly delayed by the miraculous timing of failed conversions and hostile natives. Having been so unprepared for the fighting, we agreed to settle for a white peace. Spain was simply not expecting an attack, its armies and navies either out of position or too small, exacerbated by the vagaries of the Polstrian stabhit and damnable rebels interfering with army pathing.

The rest of the session petered out much as the war had. Trade had grown, primarily as a result of the disappearance of the London CoT which made Paris a veritable treasure trove, and some respectable tech growth had been achieved, but conversions remained frustratingly elusive and random events were generally unfavorable. Fortunately, they by and large did not cost Spain much, having been mostly sub-5k provinces. Carlos, soon to be even more boosted, still has another 12 years of life left, and though there may be some instability around that corner, it opens the prospect of a solid century of excellent monarchs.

Bonuses: AAR/Ontime/Decentralized (max)/Quantity (max)
Treasury: 12 months income (AAR/ontime)
Manpower: +2 manpower in provinces 917, 431, 430 (Quality)
King stats: +2 mil (quantity), +2 admin (decentralized)
Tech bonus/Stability bonus: +1 year income Land = 7210
Fine art stab bonus: 540
Core provinces: 1482 1483 (Quantity/decentral)
Leader stats: +3 fire (Quantity) +2 Maneuver (decentral)
Building: Weapons manufactury in province 445 (Quantity)

8 leaders: 3 generals, 2 conqs, 3 admirals

Last edited:
Aar 1670-1688 France

Plans where made most of them going to hell fairly fast in the session, At the start of the session France was at war with Japan, bringing it to a close by sieging the remaining forts on the islands. We signed a nap with ottomans without any clause which we planned to use against the Mughal empire but during our invasion of northern India the evil Turks betrayed our non aggression pact and declared war on us for fighting some Ai that was half the world away from both of our capitols.

The declaration of war forced Spain to break a truce (from prov swap) and due to other affairs peace was signed fairly soon agreeing both sides to not nap the Mughal empire. Due to a crash early in the war the war never occurred but the agreement was still alive saving Spain some stabhits

Ottoman empire later declared war on Austria which was a vassal of Spain so he would have broken it twice if Spain didn’t join the first war. At this point I’m fairly sure signing naps with the Turks is a pretty useless affair especially since they end up blaming you anyway in a attempt to find a excuse, something I find very funny considering he was threatening to dow my ally if he didn’t sign nap before the session thinking I wouldn’t be able to help due nap while he bitches on and on about me dowing some random ai that is neither ally or friend of ottomans.

In the end both wars ended fairly fast the first was a white peace and the second ended more or less when Russia accepted a silly stab hit of Austria dropping Austria out of the war and stranding France and Spain in the Balkans

All in all France did ok the remainder of the session deflating a fair amount and teching up in land tech to be the first with brand new uniforms, guess we will see what the world will bring but I’m fairly sure general Villar can defend the empire adequatly if needed ;)

During the session France also managed to get infra tech 8 and rebuild the navy.

Bonuses: AAR/Ontime/defencive
Fine art stab bonus: 2160
Core provinces: 1481
Building: CC : 702
+1 fort/+2basetax : 702, 1481, 370, 424
+2mil rating to king

The Bitter Struggle (1670-1688)

So for a change and in order to try out something new I found myself at war with Brandenburg - as always. 100 years of war it would appear at this point. A bloody struggle it be indeed. In any case having been dowed by Brandenburg at the end of last session I was in a difficult situation as the Brandenburgian navy - for the time being - significantly outnumbered mine and England still had a truce with Brandenburg.

So I fought on alone, trying to hold on to as much turf as possible. Brandenburg invaded the Baltic again, but was initially checked by Swedish forces disembarking from my navy. Unfortunately I lost the subsequent naval engagement, meaning I had to withdraw my fleet to the Bay of Stockholm. In the meantime Kopenhagen had fallen as well. And even though England was now able to join the war Brandenburg had sufficient warscore to commence stabhitting.

However, I believed the war to be winnable and so elected to fight on, taking those stabhits. Unfortunately, we weren´t able to raise our stabhits quickly enough to make it wise to continue *this* war. We did manage to decisively defeat the Brandenburgian navy of Stockholm and then bottle up the remainder of his fleet in Stettin, thus gaining naval superiority. Alas, it was too late and I was facing revolts throughout my empire. So when BB switched his stabhit demand to Curonia (as Kopenhagen had been retaken by us) I accepted, as I deemed it smarter to reengage 5 years later.

After the truce expired we went at it once more. Again the fortunes of war turned to and fro. KJ´s military competence was, as always, something to be wary of. Brandenburg also has a lot more manpower than Sweden and England combined, so this also led to difficult situations. Eventually, though, we got the upper hand. I sent out a stabhit for Hinterpommern, simply desiring to begin the stabhitting process. It wasn´t our real target, obviously. And then Brandenburg accepted the first stabhit. Heh. Good move on his part I guess.

What will happen next we will have to see. Hopefully current negotiations can be resolved to mutual satisfaction.

Bonuses: AAR/Ontime/-2 Quantity
Fine art stab bonus: 2160

-2 quantity:

+2 fire for random leaders
+1 military rating to your current king
+1 random general

2 generals, 1 admiral, 2 conquistadors

Last edited:
A History of the Ottoman Empire: 1688-1718

Reign of Sultan Mus.t.afâ II Khan,
Emperor,
Sultan of Sultans,
Khan of Khans,
Master of the Deccan,
Lord of India and Africa,
Emperor of Rome,

IX-1718a.jpg

Europe 1718

If You Wait Long Enough, Everything Changes

1688-1698

After the double betrayal of the previous session I knew that I couldn't trust France to stay out of Ottoman affairs. Conveniently, I wasn't the only one displeased with French meddling. John was still upset over the loss of German cultured provinces earlier in the century and it was hoped that HAL was also upset about the inequitable distribution of Italian lands. Although trust between Turk and Austrian was difficult to come by at first, eventually a deal was hammered out. The Prussian monarch was forced to cede enormous tracts of land in North America and significant land in Europe in order to secure his border for the upcoming war, but he was willing to make the sacrifice. I knew before the session that I could get land tech 35 around 1694 or 1695, so I estimated Drake (with his LT lead: LT31 to my LT28 and higher techspeed) could get it around 1692 or 1693 at the latest. Thus we opted for an early strike. After some delays because I didn't have diplomats (apparently they're somehow consumed in the process of delivering treaties, I suspect Turk is a rare delicacy in Europe) we declared war in November of 1690, about eleven months later than we'd planned.

Fortunately, my estimates about Drake's land tech was wrong or he didn't invest in it, so we maintained parity throughout the first war. Naturally, Spain joined Drake, but the Austro-Prussian forces led by Eugen and von Dessau made quick inroads into Italy and the west bank of the Rhine. The Ottoman war effort was more limited. I sent my warship fleet from India through the Strait of Malacca on the way to Drake's Alaskan CoT, picking up some warscore killing his anti-pirate fleets along the way. The offensive in India went predictably, easily capturing his three provinces there, but unfortunately burning the FAA I wanted. In Europe, I didn't do much as I wasn't willing to contest their navies (which were about double my strength when combined) out of home waters. I marched an army towards Venice, but they blocked the strait before I could cross. By 1693 France was eating stabhits and agreed to peace, surrendering two Swiss, one Indian, one Rhine and two Italian provinces. Two of the manufactories in these provinces burned during the war, but those are the breaks.

Immediately following the war HAL was kind enough to DOW the Mughals for me, allowing me to maintain MA and greatly facilitating my war effort. Since I'd wiped out the French forces in Afghanistan Drake was in no position to block me from "vassalizing" them. He dowed them anyway, and ferried in more and more reinforcements for the next four years. In the end he peaced for most of Afghanistan. However, the long war left his war exhaustion very high and he was unprepared when we renewed the war in 1698.

Reign of Sultan Ah.med III Khan,
Emperor,
Sultan of Sultans,
Khan of Khans,
Master of the Deccan,
Lord of India and all Africa,
Emperor of Rome,

Second Verse, Same as the First
1698-1712

After his most recent war with the Mughals it was obvious Drake still had no intention of leaving me alone so another war was inevitable. More importantly, I wanted to help Austria/Brandenburg shore up their new territories. I saw a golden opportunity when I noticed France's Asian Squadron sailing past Kalicut to reinforce his Afghani lands. I set an ambush with my combined warship/galley fleet and declared war as we entered the same sea zone off Sri Lanka (180 warships and 400 galleys vs about 600 galleys). Drake got mauled pretty badly and then retreated east to the non-coastal sea zone, losing even more ships to attrition. I had LT35 and NT31 (galleys get more shock and better morale at NT31) so I felt confident challenging their navies in Europe. TC also had LT 35, but John and HAL didn't have it yet, Drake was close. I think he got it in 1699 or 1700. I moved to Venice (illegally boosted to a maximum fort) and unloaded 120k under my best general. It was lucky I succeeded with the assault because I'd mistakenly let my worst admiral take command of my fleet. Outnumbered by nearly 1000 ships and with an inferior leader I was forced to retreat, temporarily stranding my general.

t45kSW8.jpg

Battle of Umag

As my army attritioned down to 70k, I rallied my reinforced fleet while Spain surrounded Venice with close to 200k men. The ensuing battle was a nail-biter with both sides almost breaking, but I held on with 30k left. An attempt to lift the blockade by my navy failed, but the Franco-Spanish navy also retreated around this time (I think because of John's naval shenanigans, he launched amphibious invasions of northern France and Iberia in this war) which allowed me to extricate my army (and leader) from Venice. As in the last war, French Afghanistan fell quickly allowing us to get a lot of warscore. Drake landed an army in Kalicut, but my Eastern navy was still bigger after that first battle and drove him off before he could capture it. Once Drake got LT35 John was having more trouble on the Rhine, but Venice and Afghanistan made up for it. I also captured Drake's COT in Alaska again. I spent the rest of the war defending Austrian Italy from Spanish incursions and making some offensives into French Italy, but these were pushed back fairly easily by TC. Drake accepted a stabhit for separate peace ceding Venice and an Afghan province to me, with Prussia getting Elsass. Spain and Sweden were still at war with us, so we leveraged that to get Drake to cede the rest of Afghanistan (which he'd mostly taken from the Mughals earlier this session). Venice was given to HAL as further compensation for his aid.

Hard Times
1712-1718

I knew (or thought I knew) I'd have ten years of peace because Drake was going to cede the Mughal provinces (giving me a truce) in five years. In hindsight it's pretty obvious that he'd use the truce to attack John or HAL, but that happens later. I used the time to attack Vijayanagar and Hyderabad, with one Austrian DOW and another lucky CB from an event. I took two provinces, both with FAAs. Then I built three more, which should give me a decent number of leaders next session.

As foreshadowed earlier, France used my truce to attack Prussia in 1709, about two years into our truce. Russia and Sweden were also attacking Austria at this time, and I was trying to fund both of them. Unfortunately, my state gifts to Austria and Prussia were 117D and 83D respectively and I didn't get that many diplomats. Eventually, I decided to break the truce to help John. I landed 80k in Argentina and Mexico, but I only had one conquistador left. My leaderless force in Argentina failed to assault a medium fort and was then routed by TC's forces there. In Mexico my conquistador killed all of TC's defenders, then promptly died of old age. I split the army to assault more minimum forts and avoid attrition, but Drake showed up with 80k under a conquistador and that was the end of that. I won one battle and killed about half of Drake's men through combat and attrition, but without a leader I re-routed the reinforcements (and warships) back to Europe for the naval showdown there.

I had also landed about 300k in southern Italy at the same time my North and South American Expeditionary Forces attacked. The Italian campaign was a resounding success, I captured five provinces in short order and was only slowed by a misclick retreating about 170k from a panicking 30k. That misclick meant TC had time to reposition his fleet and block the strait to Sicily before my army could march across. So I marched north, to continue the offensive there. Despite the setback, I had about 60 warscore against Spain (again) and was stabhitting. I also realized that I had a golden opportunity to whittle down Spain's navy since I had my warships in Europe and Drake's navy was MIA. TC finally got reinforcements to Italy, and met my army as I attacked his navy, resulting in an exciting dual battle. I won the first naval battle, but lost the land one along with my last general (a pathetic 2-2-4 [after sliders] historical). I pursued his navy, but suffered a setback of my own, basically reversing the losses I'd inflicted on him in the first battle. We were both left with about 1000 ships.

Ewtq0QE.jpg

The Dual Battles of Marche and Taranto

Unfortunately, all this fighting didn't help John at all because France just kept sending separate stabhits to him. He accepted a separate peace offer ceding two provinces (some of the action recounted above actually happened after he peaced). As with my attempt to help Russia, I should have focused more on stabilizing his situation on the Rhine instead of attacking Spain. In fact, I had enough men that I could have probably done both. John peacing out left me at war with England, Spain and France with Sweden joining a few months later. Now alone at war against half the countries in the game, I was potentially facing disaster, but it wasn't as bad as it seemed at first glance. Sweden wasn't fresh after fighting HAL for so long, and didn't have the manpower to make much headway in West Africa in any case. England didn't really do anything, and Spain's navy had been whittled down somewhat. Mine had been too, but I had a lot more shipyards than he did. I offered white peace, and probably would've accepted some reasonable province demands, but Drake opened negotiations by demanding Sinai (probably the most valuable province for any nation in the game, with the exception of Egypt), so I dug in and prepared for a long war. Drake sent his warship fleet with Villars to make a landing in Egypt, but turned around when he saw my fleet approaching. Unfortunately, his fleet was too fast for me to catch. He had a lot more warships than me at this point, so I didn't want to split off my warships to chase him either. All this maneuvering took time, but eventually he retreated and combined fleets with TC to set the stage for another naval battle between the Ottomans and the West.

I'd used the time well, with shipyard production in full swing I'd rebuilt nearly 500 galleys while Spain's navy had stayed nearly stagnant. I still had fewer warships, but hoped for home waters to make up the difference. Luckily, they messed up their coordination. Drake attacked early and I got several days of combat before TC's fleet arrived. They lost pretty convincingly, but I was afraid to pursue into the Ionian Sea where both TC and I have home waters.

1TLM52E.jpg

Battle of Sirte

After the retreat, Drake unloaded Villars with about 40k and 800 cannons into Epirus, stormed the fort and headed to Attica. I saw an opportunity to kill Villars (and 800 cannons) so I chose to contest the Ionian Sea to prevent reinforcements or retreat. I'd also sunk a large portion of their fleets and had superior rebuilding capacity so I thought it was a good gamble. I won this battle as well, inflicting heavy losses. After waiting for all his infantry to starve I cleaned up Villars as well. By now they'd had enough--Stats show Ottoman naval losses at about 250/1250 warships/galleys and combined Spanish/French losses at 350/4000 (though it should be noted that John sunk some of their ships too). Speaking of John, he had joined the war against Sweden and although I didn't have a leader in West Africa I could just overwhelm Ampo with bodies. We ended up agreeing to peace for 7000D (from Sweden to Prussia) and an agreement that TC and Drake not attack HAL during the truce. That brings our story up to 1718.

Edits: TBD
Bonuses: AAR/Ontime
Sliders: none
Inflation: -1 (AAR)
kingstats +4 military (ontime)
Tech bonus/Stability bonus:
Fine art stab bonus: 10800
Core on nothing
Leaders:
base + FAA = 5/5
+1 leader forgotten from last session
Sliders: 0
Total leaders: 3 generals, 3 conqs, 3 admirals 2 explorers
Annex Mughals
Reset everyone's land sliders ;)
Check warships

Luxury manu stab (country/#of manus/years/total--just look at the last number)
OE 12 30 10800
spain 1 30 900
france 3 30 2700
russia 2 30 1800
sweden 1 30 900
england 2 30 1800
prussia 2 30 1800
austria 1 30 900

Last edited:
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland: 1688-1718
So these were nice years for the British Empire, all across the waves. In the mainland, the long age of stability was real rewarding, with the Royal Chests and the Taxation by the Parlament increasing steadily, which gives us a nice war-wallet to prevent further taxes on our merchant population. Merchants also established firmly.

In Australia, Brazil, others, our colonies grew in size.

And then, then it all comes down the the Germans, as usual. We fought against them in a war, which was sadly not going too well, as German diplomacy had been skilled enough to separate our diplomatic position in the war from that of our allied Sweden. Apart of that, Sweden had to lick some wounds for a while, yet it was not a disaster.
Also, Some global agreement between Sweden-us-Germany was carried out, which gave Sweden back its main lost posessions. We decided to offer some purchase of now little value Luisiana, except the then cot province of Nouvelle Orleans, which Germans did like more. It was accepted, and soon we paid some more money for the eccentric province inside Australia.

Meanwhile, we joined the war in the continent for once, under promises that were to be delayed by the Reformation Team, to save Upper Rhineland again from German invasion. This worked out very well, with Marlborough kicking ass.

At the end of the session, little else was carried except intensive diplomacy with O.E., more merchants, more reorging and, of course, more hoarding. By the time the session ended we were looking with optimism to the horizont, wondering what to do next.

Rewards:
- Half a year income
- Half a year income
6013 = yearly income
- I have 2 faa. 1440D to stab.[/QUOTE]

Brandenburg/Prussia: 1688-1718

It was another exciting session, full of ups and downs. And though the wars were for the most part successful, those successes were very expensive, and the economy is now on shakier ground than ever.

Through the week leading up, things were very uncertain until the 11th hour. Will there be a deal with Sweden and England? Will Austria decide to join the Turko-Brandenburger alliance? Will some country or other decide to buy North America from me? Pending definite agreements, anything could change. As it went, however, an agreement to trade Samagotia, Curonia, and Jutland for Hinterpommern and 6kD, and sign a 20 year NAP with England and Sweden, which included Austria and the OE for a shorter duration, was signed.

Concurrently, an alliance was formed with Austria, for the purpose of liberating lands in Italy which have been held disproportionately by the French and Spanish. For my part, I hoped to take back the Rhineland, an area rightfully belonging to Brandenburg.

Our plan was to begin the war in 89 or 90. France was getting somewhat close to gaining the LT 35 CRT, so we had to try to defeat them before that. As it happened, our preparations were ready in 90, and in the spring or so, war was declared.

My army was by this time looking pretty large, and made fast progress into France. In 90, the ahead of time penalty went away for LT 30, and the excess gold went into 31, which I gained soon after. Thus I went in with tech parity, and with my morale advantage, had a very successful time against the French army, winning a number of battles and taking Pfalz, and then Lorraine, and beating the French in Champagine.

Meanwhile, the Turks were heavily engaged with French and Spanish ships in the Med. I wasn't able to watch all that, but what it meant for me was that my 700 ships or so could operate freely in the channel. I had these filled up with 200k, which up until now had just been sitting by, waiting for the right moment. And now it had come, and I offloaded into Caux, which fell quickly by assault, and was followed with the fall of Paris. Some French reinforcements were wiped out along the way, and the situation for France was pretty much settled by this point.

Austria made some progress in Italy at the same time against, I think, the main brunt of the Spanish army. But overall, the war was by this time secured as a victory, and our terms were accepted. Pfalz to me. Four provs in Italy and Switzerland to Austria, and a couple Indian provs for the OE.

Substantial as this victory was, on the whole, it meant very little. And so plans were made to consolidate the gains.

At about this time, England offered to buy my Louisiana territory for 8kD. I held out until he raised the offer to 10kD. The provinces comprised about 30 MI for me, and I hated to part with them after putting so much effort into their defense, between all the forts raised and the wars fought over them. But at the same time, this was in itself a compelling reason to do it. Brandenburg cannot afford to have a continental policy, and at the same time defend North America from a country uniformly obsessed with taking it from me. So I sold this land, along with a colony in Australia, and looked forward to finally getting England off my back.

And then 5 years went by, and our second war began. It went much like the first. My armies performed exceedingly well in France, and took Alsace and Lorraine, and advanced toward Paris. It was expensive to keep this force reinforced, but effective.

I also launched an invasion of Portugal, in light of Spain's weak forts over there, and was able to capture a lot of ws. Spain had its fleet in the Med fighting the OE, so there was no opposition for me. Soon they came at me with substantial forces, and killed my leader, who was expendable. But I was able to get off 3 stabhits or so before getting the rest of my forces out and the fleet back to Holland.

In the end, this war was another success very similar to the first. France accepted a seperate stabhit for a Alsace and Venice, leaving Spain in the war. We could have turned it into a substantial victory by turning on Spain, but instead let them off the hook in exchange for French provs in India to Dane.

I thought there was some mention of German and Italian provs in this, but this was apparently not the case. Because of the generosity of our alliance toward Spain, however, the OE was to get into another truce with France, and that truce was to be used against me.

By this time, Austria was at war with Sweden and Russia. So when the DOW came from France, Spain, and England, I faced them by myself.

Why England? I don't know. Because he hates me? Who can say. I guess I have been pretty terrible to him, between successfully defending myself against his gang in the mid-1500s, and then imposing upon him the indignity of having to share NA and Australia with another country for a while. Especially a country like Brandenburg, which as we all know, should not ever be allowed to have any colonies. I've now sold him almost every colony that I have, but apparently he still wants something from me. What could it be? My happiness? My joy? He wants to see Germany suffer for the tears that the English shed in the 1400s when they had to watch me annex Lenape? I guess they will never get over that. But how can I blame them? They are victims of a terrible trauma, and I've been their oppressor.

But still, it would be nice if they'd get a life. Unfortunately, the force of England, Spain and France together was far too much for me, and after some initial successful, wore down my defenses and resulted, after an expensive, protracted defense, in the loss of my two recently gained Rhine provs, bringing me back to square one once again.

The Ottoman Empire broke its truce with France toward the end, but even with their help, I was in no position to continue the fight. This part of the war is covered in Dane's AAR, so no point in talking about it. But, I made back some gold by DOWing Sweden, which was a little exhausted after its fighting with Austria. I had much better NT than they, and took control of the Baltic. Karl XII got into Jutland a little before that and won a battle against me, but seeing how he was stranded there, and about to die of natural causes anyway, and I had the whole Baltic open to me, he agreed to peace for 7kD.

Bonuses received: Ontime, AAR
Treasury: 4432(Half a year for ontime, half for AAR)
Fine arts stab bonus: 1800

Put event 3636 (the incorporation of prussia into Brandenburg) into event history.

Leaders: 2/2/0/1