• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HALNY (HAL)

The Polish Lion
9 Badges
Sep 4, 2003
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings III
THIRST FOR GLORY III - Revolutions

matejko-raclawice.jpg
"General Kościuszko after battle of Racławice" by Jan Matejko

It has been long time since the epic times of Thirst for Glory II, soon Universalis II will end, and some people want me now to continue idea of Power & Prestige system and start new game - Thirst for Glory III (subtitle Revolutions after Matrix III :D ). Most of rules I am copying from Thirst for Glory II, because they were working pretty well and situation was nicely balanced to the very end.

What is most important to count P&P points, I am going to use Zeitgeists special Perl program, which in past years I managed to modify, develop and customise to needs of TfG games. It was very very very helpfull and I ensure will be so in this game.

The folks who weren't in any of the other TFG's should know, that this game will not necessarily end in 1820. We have a tradition of playing into the 20th and 21st centuries, and it's perfectly possible that we might even go beyond that. So there will be no end of the world mentality.

So, here are game time, players, rules, all P&P system, syntax etc. If anyone interested, post below. Post what country you want to play and what colour you want for calculations and edits.

Scenario

Same as in Universalis II game: 1419, WatK3v1 with modifications.
http://www.europa2.ru/cgi-bin/leagu...yrie.net 2009&game=XIV&yearsave=1419&lang=eng
Modified files:
goods.csv - this one will not change, I post it only in case someone lost original from WATK
province.csv - same as above
religion.csv
trade.csv
randomevents.txt - need to chane italian events
major_hol.txt
adj-defs.csv
DOWNLOAD ALL

Game time and date:

First session: tuesday, 5 V 2009, 20:00CET

Sessions: Tuesdays: from 20:00 CET to 24:00 CET or longer if start time was delayed by more than 30min. We also continue after 24:00 if all players will agree to play on. In case someone have to go and do not want to be ghost or sub session is finished.

Players:

BRA Brandenburg - Ear - 829-417-54

SPA Spain - Ampoliros - 337-767-705

ENG England - GAME MASTER, EDITS, P&P CALCULATIONS - HAL the Lion of Oceans - 317-899-057

FRA France - Kanth - 199-503-674

HLL Holland - HOST - Mats - 462664593

HAB Austria - CO-GM, THE JUDGE King John - 225-570-338

RUS Russia - admiral drake - 280-012-044

PER Persia - Colonel_General - 401-955-351

POR Portugal - bluelotus - 414-384-678

SWE Sweden - Wari Bana - 350-214-224

TUR Ottoman Empire - Mulliman - 119-912-415

VEN Venice - Barca - 791-365-15

michael boda - sub

Rules

- No player alliances during peace - alliance peace is allowed
- No map trading with AI
- No exploitation of lag -- including vassalization, colonists, annexation, etc
- No moving the land/naval slider from 5. This will be edited back to 5 post session if moved by either player or event.
- No DoWing for the purposes of raising another nation's stability or to collect war taxes while at peace.
- No fake wars -- provinces will be edited between sessions.

This rule is no longer valid, but please be reasonable in peace deals, especially after gang
- No more than 5 provinces can be take in one war from one country, COT count as 2, colonies and tps as 0,5.
**To clarify what is one war: if you dow the nation that is currently in war you are simply joining that war even if you are not allied, it means you will have to deal about provinces with others because nation can't loose more than 5 provinces in one war.
**If during war one of the participants looses provinces his allies should be able to retake their number + 5. Example: if Austria dowed Venice and toke 4 provinces from them but in the same time Brandenburg and Russia dowed Austria to help Venice but were unable to prevent VEN-HAB peace they still can take 4+5=9 provinces from Austria.
- If you vassal someone you can't take more than 1 province from him (in other words vassalisation counts as 4 provinces).

- If you get vassalised by a human player you must stay that way for 20 years, unless the overlord chooses to break it. After 20 years the vassal can break vassalage, the overlord can then choose to attack them after that again or let them go.
As a vassal :
* You cannot enter any other alliance than that of your overlord.
* You must accept a proposal of TA/MA from your overlord.
* Vassal is not allowed to dow without allowance of overlord.
* You are not required to dow someone at the command of your overlord, send him cash at his command or generally help your overlord in a war.
* If you want to dow vassal you have to dow his overlord too

- Force 5 nations embargo (all nations, AI too) - you have to keep at least 5 embargoes all the time (before 4th trade tech level I will edit in 5 AIs embrgos).

- From 1550 1 explorer and 1 conquistador will be generated (stats based on MT).

The following is forbidden. The list is probably not complete:

* Building manufactories in several provinses, then releasing that area as a vassel to build more manufactories cheap.
* Attacking an enemy fleet with a comparatively very small fleets, only made to inhibit loading/landing.
* Releasing one or more vassals during wartime, to hinder an enemy.
* Force-burning of manufactories, i.e. repeated move and halt orders to an
army in a province with a manufactory.
* Using lag to your advantage. This includes (but is not limited to):
Sending lag colonists, building lag fortresses, sending lag missionaries,
using lag diplomats. (The exception is using lag diplomats to send cash).
* Burning trade posts
* Declaring a 'fake' war on a country, with the aim to:
o Increase the stability of the nation you declare war on.
o Change the religion of a protestant or Counter-Reformed-Catholic
nation back to Catholicism before the Edict of Tolerance.
* Exploiting Simultanity: Using the game engine to break a deal, that would
occur simultaneously in the real word. This includes (but is not limited
to) the 'sale' of something in game.
* Converting from Catholiscism to either Counter-reformed-Catholicism or
Protestantism and then switching back to Catholiscism before the Edict
of Tolerance.
* Trading maps with the AI.
* Sending loans to the AI.
* Signing a peace deal with the AI, that bankrupts it in the same day.
* Breaking a truce deal in game. You are not allowed to dow AI alliance members of
someone you have a truce with.
* exploring with 100 ships (and thus avoiding attrition).
* Ceding TPs to reduce Bad Boy.

The following is allowed:

* Not leaving a human alliance, despite the alliance leader asking you to do
so.
* Landing armies in the port of a country you are in war with, because you
still have Military Access.
* Sacking capitals for maps
* Stealing sieges

The follwing is prohibited:
- Pirates
- DOFT

Special "moving" rule
Special policy for nations that get destroyed in Europe - a way of reanimating them in another form so that a person doesn't feel bad for gutting somebody ruthlessly:
If nation is near to annex and most of its European provinces is taken, its capital can be moved to one of its colonies, or if there's an absence of colonies, it can be merge with an AI nation somewhere that hasn't yet been touched by Europeans so that there is a continuity, instead of either having a player have to leave the game or be moved to a ridiculous country.

Forced Peace Rules

Peace may be forced on you if the following requirements are met.

1) You are at least 5 years at war
2) You are at -3 stability
3) It's a stabhitting peace offer
4) And the peace offer is based upon a warscore of -99 for you

Note: it is recommended that you pause the game and inform your opponent that you are about to force him to a peace this way, then he can check the current WS.

If these three conditions are met, you must accept the peace. This is to promote reasonable warfare.

Obey forced peace rules, and the other 3823947239874 rules here.

P&P System

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402997

Last edited:
Last edited:
moved

Last edited:
moved

Last edited:
moved

Last edited:
moved

Last edited:
I might be interested to participate in this campaign.

Tentatively:

1. Spain
2. France
3. England

Desired color:

yellow

Last edited:
i'm in

russia
russia
russia

:D

desired color, red or black

Last edited:
cant u just use point system? just the work of having that power and prestige thing is boring as hell

im suprised hal didnt put poland up, anyways id take ottomans and if i choose a color for ottoman could it be black ?

cant u just use point system? just the work of having that power and prestige thing is boring as hell
You don't have to play if you dislike PP system so much :p. But most calculations and edits are done by program and me ;)

as long as i dont have to go around checking my points, fine with me^^

im suprised hal didnt put poland up, anyways id take ottomans and if i choose a color for ottoman could it be black ?
I was Poland in TfG I. Beside Poland is too weak in WATK, no sense to play it.
You can't have black, drake toke it.

as long as i dont have to go around checking my points, fine with me^^
You have to check if program counted them as it should and first of all need to post edits requests in proper syntax.

france!!!!!!!!!!

proper syntax? alright

he said red or black, so if he doesnt mind going with red id take black?:D

Xhosa