• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Gen. Suvorov

All right, I'm sorry for the Estonian remark, lets change the topic to music.It doesn't matter what population a country has, all that matters is school. What kind of national musical school the country posseses? Why do we see three Italian tenors? Cause they got school and they castrate people.:) (At leats those to be tennors)

The school or clubs or whatever you want to call them play an important role in countrie's talent pool. Look at Russia, it had one of the best hockey, gymnastics and swimming schools.(Along with many others.) But now, those schools are gone.(Most teachers migrated to other countries).

Instead you've seen how high the Romanian Gymnastic team has risen. And the US team in Atlanta Olympic games. So you see, the population doesn't play a significant role.

Lot's of music-inclined secondary schools, one conservatory. Two universities have music-faculty as well. Not bad for a small nation, i'd say. Besides, for example my uncle finished Tallinn's Conservatory and now he's a professor at St.Petersburg's conservatory. So not a bad quality teaching as well.

Besides, you can't compare sports and music. In sports, you just have to give your best and win. In music business, you need connections, a good manager and a bit of luck that large record company notices you and decides to make you their next hit.

There was this game a friend of mine brough from Russia, I believe it was called UEFA Championship Manager. I've had a chance to play it for3 hours or so and then it mysteriuosly disapeared.:( Have anyone heard of it/know where to buy it?:

It prolly isn't the same game but it can't be better than the Championship Manager series. Should be available online easily, esp from Engish sites I would think.

Originally posted by BiB

It prolly isn't the same game but it can't be better than the Championship Manager series. Should be available online easily, esp from Engish sites I would think.

I know its not the same game as CM, but it was pretty good. I've played CM though, I think its was the second one. Hope they overcame some of the issues that bothered me in that game.

I know its not the same game as CM, but it was pretty good. I've played CM though, I think its was the second one. Hope they overcame some of the issues that bothered me in that game.

Seeing they're quite a few versions further by now, it oughta have improved a bit alreday :D And it's like the EU of sports management games. Obviously it can be improved but it by far is the best out there :D

If you could combine the overview and match engine of EA Sports Premier League Manager and the complexity and quality of CM, I'd buy it. Neither game is good enough I think. (And I know that since everybody loves CM, I'm in for some lessons.)

Comparing them with EU, well, if CM didn't look like it was programmed in 1990 and PLM didn't work like it was programmed in 1990, the comparison might be valid. But the greatness of EU stems from its combination of complexity, overview and replayability.