• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Blasphemy :D Unless very well implemented, which I don't see happening any time soon, a real graphical representation would make the game utter shyte :D I've seen games try it and fail many times :D If it ever gets done right, u can bet it'll be CM who pulls it off. It really stands out amongst such games and I played a lot.

EA sports should stick to what they're good too, make the sports action games, the managements games they still have a loooong way to go before they reach a decent standard.

Competition is good. And maybe the competition from EA will make CM finally get an easy-to-use interface and whatever they need to improve. And maybe - although not likely - EA may come up with something new and interesting that makes them better than CM. I never really liked CM after it took me an quite a while to figure out how to start a game (how many games do you have to save before playing?).

(running away from the anticipated stoning for my blasphemy):eek:

Originally posted by Henrik
Competition is good. And maybe the competition from EA will make CM finally get an easy-to-use interface and whatever they need to improve. And maybe - although not likely - EA may come up with something new and interesting that makes them better than CM. I never really liked CM after it took me an quite a while to figure out how to start a game (how many games do you have to save before playing?).

(running away from the anticipated stoning for my blasphemy):eek:

Competition may be good. The thing is there isn't any :D Serious one, that is. I find CM, esp sicne it now has a Windows styled interface quite easy to use, EU is harder :D I have to admit u either love or hate this game but a lot of people seem to love it :D The manual of CM also isn't optimal but it is very sufficient to get a game going nicely. I odn't have to save anything before I have to play, what version are u on about ?? :D

Originally posted by BiB

Competition may be good. The thing is there isn't any :D Serious one, that is. I find CM, esp sicne it now has a Windows styled interface quite easy to use, EU is harder :D I have to admit u either love or hate this game but a lot of people seem to love it :D The manual of CM also isn't optimal but it is very sufficient to get a game going nicely. I odn't have to save anything before I have to play, what version are u on about ?? :D

The demo of the latest version (00/01). You pick a nation (only ENG in the demo) and a team, and set up tactics and formation etc. Then you have to save it in order to continue the season. I must have been through every 'page' of that start-up four times minimum, searching for the continue game option before one of my CM-hardcore-enthusiast friends told me how to do it. Of course, once you know how to do it, it's simple enough.

Regarding competition: no, not serious as of now, but one can hope there will be. Monopolies are only good in the EU... The CM research team should be employed by some club though. Damn they are good!

OK. There might be a difference between the demo and the full version game in the start-up sequence. Or whatever, since I don't play CM yet I don't know very much about it other than what I've seen on the computers of my fanatic friends. The demo is only playable until christmas 2000 (in-game) so it's not much fun anyway.

Originally posted by Henrik
If you could combine the overview and match engine of EA Sports Premier League Manager and the complexity and quality of CM, I'd buy it. Neither game is good enough I think. (And I know that since everybody loves CM, I'm in for some lessons.)

Comparing them with EU, well, if CM didn't look like it was programmed in 1990 and PLM didn't work like it was programmed in 1990, the comparison might be valid. But the greatness of EU stems from its combination of complexity, overview and replayability.

You arse.

Also, never play CM 00/01 without first installing the patches as it's unplayable, otherwise...

Oh yeah. This is real on-topic again. I can see why they moved it back here.
:D
And Bib, I notice you have over 2900 posts. How many of them are only one word, like "yep"? Heck, I can't seem to post anything less than a paragraph. (Kind of like this one..:rolleyes: ). Maybe if I spread the paragraph into multiple posts I could reach a higher rank earlier? :p

yep

Errantone

PS just trying to imitate success. :D

shameless 100th post for promotion....

yep

ErrantOne